6S+ Trouble and Disappointment with Apple

suninmoon

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Dude you are cracking me up with the subtext in your posts. Nothing to see here, move along, move along. Best product in the world! Got no idea what your talking about. Apple did an EXCELLENT job! Actually I shouldn't say subtext, it's more like captain obvious.

I think the 6s Plus has a very real issue and many other people I've talked to think the same. I'm not bashing Apple dude, you don't have to go into defcon 5 defensive mode :)

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my launch day 6S+ is every bit as reliable and bug free as my launch day 6 + my husband is still using.

Sorry you may have gotten the rare lemon but you aren't the norm.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
How did you test? Did you compare the 6s and 6s Plus side by side? You probably wouldn't see much of a problem with the 6s Plus and 3D touch, until you see how smooth and lag free it is on the 6s :)

I did. I owned both while I decided if I wanted to stay with the larger phone. I saw no lag and sold the 6s after a week and kept the s plus.

No lag.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Dude you are cracking me up with the subtext in your posts. Nothing to see here, move along, move along. Best product in the world! Got no idea what your talking about. Apple did an EXCELLENT job! Actually I shouldn't say subtext, it's more like captain obvious.

I think the 6s Plus has a very real issue and many other people I've talked to think the same. I'm not bashing Apple dude, you don't have to go into defcon 5 defensive mode :)

Dude, I'm just responding to what appears to be a non issue except with your 6s Plus and suggested that you contact Apple to see what the problem might be.....this is an Apple forum where we come to figure out whats wrong with our devices or whats not wrong with our devices and have FUN, not to come here soley to say the 6s plus 3D touch feature has lag when it does not on most 6s plus devices.
I hope you take the suggestion and contact Apple about your 6s plus especially since your NOT in the majority. There is nothing wrong with 3D touch on and with the 6s Plus as a whole.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

No, YOUR 6s Plus has an issue. Mine doesn't have any issue. Sorry!

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I've been participating on another thread about the 6s+ lag issues.

I'm experiencing everything the OP has mentioned plus various other issues like:

1. Status bar missing for couple of seconds after unlocking the phone using Touch ID
2. Screen freezes when unlocking the phone with Touch ID with a Live Wallpaper
3. Multitasking is definitely slower

Now I've done everything to try n fix these problems like Setting up as New, Restore from iTunes, Erase Network Settings, Erase Data, etc, etc. Nothing has worked.

When Apple released the iOS 9.1 I thought that would take care of all my problems but to my disappointment it hasn't.

Yesterday I got a chance to compare mine to someone else's 6s+ 64GB and WOW!!! Mine felt like a 6+ compared to the other one as that one screaming all the way, for example mine had a 1-2 second delay when taking pictures using the native camera app. I checked the settings on both the devices, everything was identical. Did a hard reset on both, on the same WIFI network, yet mine was drastically slower than the other one. Call me OCD but this stuff bothers me a lot.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
There is definitely stuttering on the 6S+ models that the 6S does not have and it's because of the higher resolution. I have the 3D Touch stuttering as well as the multitasking view is stuttering on the 6S+. It was even worse on the 6+ I had prior. I think the ones not noticing it aren't sensitive to framerate drops. All Plus models I've tested has had this stuttering. Not a single one ran as smooth as the 6S models. Even a 5S runs a bit smoother than the Plus models for the most part.

I have a jailbreak installed to take away all the blur-effects from the multitasking view and now it's 60fps smooth like the non Plus models. It's clear that the Plus models suffers in framerate performance because of the higher resolution.

I have no lag what so ever though. It's just frame rate issues I'm experiencing.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Op I have upgraded from an iPhone 6 64 gig to the 6s plus 128 gig and I am not having the problems you are experiencing. Sorry to here you are having a bad experience with your new phone. I?m just curious what the memory size is on your phone is it the 16 gig version? I?m just wondering if the 16 gig versions are the Phones with the problem and maybe the lack of memory having something to do with it, just a thought.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Apple stands behind its products more so than any other electronics manufacturer that I've experienced. If your phone is experiencing performance issues take it to an Apple Store and get a new one. There's no point in sitting around complaining about your phone not working the way it should when there's a very easy solution.

suninmoon

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Thank you dannejanne. That's exactly what I'm talking about!

So maybe I should have been more specific. It is a frame rate/stuttering issue, and I'm thinking the same thing. Those not complaining aren't sensitive to it and if you've never used a non plus model you definitely wouldn't notice.

I didn't come to this forum to complain about Apple or my phone. I'm not trolling you guys. It's a legitimate issue that I was curious if others had. I've been buying Apple products for over 10 years. I've brought products to the Genius Bar many times and they are always great there, but I've used and fixed tech long enough to know that this is not something they can fix at the Genius Bar, but I will submit my feedback to Apple about the issue.

What I am curious about is if all the 6s plus models at the Apple Store exhibit this behavior, and I plan to test that asap.

Last edited:

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. That's exactly what I'm talking about!

What I am curious about is if all the 6s plus models at the Apple Store exhibit this behavior, and I plan to test that asap.
All 6S Plus models I've tested so far, in different stores, has had this frame rate issue. I don't believe some iffy hardware in specific models can suffer from this and some not. It's just that iOS 9 is too demanding for the higher resolution of the Plus models in some situations. Though I think they should be able to fix this with optimsation specific for the Plus models. The 6 Plus was much worse with its older hardware so the 6S Plus is definitely an improvement, but not perfect.

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I took your challenge. I have a 6S Plus, my wife has a 6S. I did 3D Touch and multitasking on both. There is no difference. Not one bit.

I'm not saying you are wrong in your assessment of the 2 phones you tested, but it doesn't appear to be every 6S Plus that has issues.

dkeven

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
new to apple much more experienced in android so no fanboy here. Status bar pops up immediately after touch id unlock, am running live wallpaper and it has not froze, not sure on multitaasking as its kinda cumbersome on ios and I dont use it. my 6splus 128 seems fine as far as these issues, my issues are only things I had available on android I used which ios does not have.

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I took your challenge. I have a 6S Plus, my wife has a 6S. I did 3D Touch and multitasking on both. There is no difference. Not one bit.

I'm not saying you are wrong in your assessment of the 2 phones you tested, but it doesn't appear to be every 6S Plus that has issues.

Ok damn it. I see it now. I see it every time I use 3D Touch. Curse you for pointing this out!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok damn it. I see it now. I see it every time I use 3D Touch. Curse you for pointing this out!

I'm still looking, and whats funny is I'm almost hoping it will happen, but unfortunately (or fortunately) it hasn't "stuttered" at all. I keep looking and NOTHING....meh,

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
How did you test? Did you compare the 6s and 6s Plus side by side? You probably wouldn't see much of a problem with the 6s Plus and 3D touch, until you see how smooth and lag free it is on the 6s :)

I just tested 3D Touch with my 6s & 6s plus side by side...no lag on the plus whatsoever. Both devices on 9.1. If it makes any difference, I didn't restore either device from a backup when I got them.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I see none of this stuttering business on my 6s+. Not saying that some of you aren't seeing it on your phones, but as I said before my 6s+ is rock solid and plenty fast. I don't buy that there is some universal flaw with the 6s+. Every year these posts show up and they never amount to anything. Bottom line, if you go looking for flaws in something, you will more than likely find them regardless of how valid they actually are.