6S+ Trouble and Disappointment with Apple

lscoltrain

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ive had my 6s+ from the beginning and generally it works slow and is overall for the moment a waste of money compared to my prior 6+. Ive called Apple and the said to completely restore the phone which Im doing and as we all know this takes a lot of time and the load in of the prior Apps seems not to be working properly. After spending all this money on the fastest phone supposedly, for now its a waste of time and money. This is the first genuinely disappointment with Apple as the fix is taking too long on a new product. Could it be that now Apple is just slamming half crocked product into the market trying to make money on its loyal customers. This may the the tipping point for me if Apple doesn't step up and get this resolved, there are other options coming and Apple can't expect customers to put up with this poor effort with an expensive new phone. Anyone having the same challenges and thoughts?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I'm sorry that you're having issues with your iPhone.

My experience has been great. I upgraded from a 6 Plus to a 6s Plus and have had no problems whatsoever. If you're still experiencing issues take it to an Apple Store and try to exchange it. Apple has pretty good quality control in its factories but these are complex devices packed into tiny packages so there's bound to be a bad unit produced here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Well I purchased my iPhone 6s Plus on launch day as well but I don't have those problems you are referring to. My device is running smooth at butter. I could be a app you downloaded or like the Apple rep said try a hard reset, you would be surprised at what that can help. Hope everything works out for you.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I'll just confirm what the other two have written. No issues with my 6s+ at all. I would just start from scratch if I were you. Restore from iTunes, do not use a backup and manually download your apps. Yes, this can be a pain but it can also solve most software issues. If that doesn't work, time to make an appointment with an Apple Store. Either way, Apple will get you taken care of.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I understand your frustration but you should not have those problems. To be fair iOS has the smoothes restore/backup system in the mobile world. Lucky for you your're not on Android and need to do the same thing now that's something time consuming for real. iClous and iTunes works wonders with this and it is a lightning fast process when compared to other systems.

Also iOS 9 has been pretty buggy in the beginning, definitely not up to standards. However 9.1 should fix most annoying things. I have not updated myself because I'm waiting for jailbreak for it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, and like everyone else who has posted, I'm not having any problems with my 6s Plus. The BEST device I've purchased/owned. If your still having problems after a reset and/or device restore, I suggest taking your Device to an Apple Store for a replacement....ENJOY the site.

suninmoon

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
How is it running slow? I jumped from a 6s to a 6s Plus and noticed that 3D touch absolutely lags and is sluggish compared to the 6s. I'm specifically talking about the quick action menus when pressing on an app icon. I'm sure it has something to do with the higher resolution on the Plus. If you turn transparency off as a test you'll see 3D touch run smooth like it does on the 6s. I'm hoping this is something they can fix with further updates to IO9 but I kind of doubt it. It's disappointing to see 3D touch run so laggy. Actually I'm just avoiding it for now until Apple fixes it or I switch back to the 6s :)

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
How is it running slow? I jumped from a 6s to a 6s Plus and noticed that 3D touch absolutely lags and is sluggish compared to the 6s. I'm specifically talking about the quick action menus when pressing on an app icon. I'm sure it has something to do with the higher resolution on the Plus. If you turn transparency off as a test you'll see 3D touch run smooth like it does on the 6s. I'm hoping this is something they can fix with further updates to IO9 but I kind of doubt it. It's disappointing to see 3D touch run so laggy. Actually I'm just avoiding it for now until Apple fixes it or I switch back to the 6s :)

This, +1,000,000!

3D Touch stuttered on 9.0.x, and on 9.1 hurts the eyes. The frame rate drops and it's so noticeable, whereas the 6S is silky smooth. Go the Apple Store and play around with both and you'll see it. Reducing transparency fixes the problem, but makes the UI look fugly (imho). My wife's 6S+ is the same way, and everyone 6S+ I've seen at the Apple Store or a carrier store has the lag but the 6S does not.

I tried everything under the sun on this - let it sit for a few days for "indexing"; restore to and reinstall the backup; erase all settings and restore as new; do a completely clean install and put apps back on one-by-one; clean install with no apps whatsoever. No dice, the lag and stutter when using 3D Touch is still there.

(not to be hyperbolic, but you should have to do this to make The. MARQUEE. FEATURE. of the 6S work as intended.)

Once I noticed this 3D Touch lag and stuttering, I couldn't un-notice it. I returned by 6S+ for a 6S. Silky smooth right out of the box with my backup and all of my apps. I will just sit this year's plus version out.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I just tested this theory and MY 6s Plus is running smooth as a baby's bottom...NO PROBLEMS and NO LAG. There is nothing wrong with my device and I'm certainly not disappointed. Apple did an EXCELLENT job with iOS9.1 and the 6s Plus IMHO.
Welcome to iMore. Maybe a Genius Bar appoint and/or call to Apple to see why your device is not working properly.

Edit; Just checked with 8 different 6s Plus owners with various carriers, colors and memory, and none of them are having the problems you speak of. I highly suggest getting in touch with Apple.

Last edited:

suninmoon

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
How did you test? Did you compare the 6s and 6s Plus side by side? You probably wouldn't see much of a problem with the 6s Plus and 3D touch, until you see how smooth and lag free it is on the 6s :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How did you test? Did you compare the 6s and 6s Plus side by side? You probably wouldn't see much of a problem with the 6s Plus and 3D touch, until you see how smooth and lag free it is on the 6s :)

Don't have any lag on my 6s Plus at all. Fastest phone and OS ever. And smooooth! No issue here at all.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Sorry to hear about your problems. iOS 9 did have some bugs. Try 9.1 and see if that helps. If not, go exchange it at the Apple Store. I have the 6S and it is fine, but it seems that most with a 6S plus on this thread are ok so maybe you've got some hardware issues. I'd make an appointment with them.

suninmoon

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm specifically talking about the quick action menu on the app icons but it lags a bit in the multitasking screens too. So again, I'm asking those of you saying your 6s Plus runs perfectly smooth, have you done a direct comparison to a 6s?

dakini03

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I started with the 6s and have had the 6s + for about a week. For me there's no difference in responsiveness at all. If anything it's a bit *more* responsive on the plus. At least that's how it is for me. (Talking about force touch on app icons).

suninmoon

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
If you can, try to compare the 6s and the 6s Plus side by side. I'm going to drop by the Apple store this weekend. I'm determined to find a 6s Plus that doesn't lag on 3D Touch. Do a search on reddit for this issue. It's all over the site.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If you can, try to compare the 6s and the 6s Plus side by side. I'm going to drop by the Apple store this weekend. I'm determined to find a 6s Plus that doesn't lag on 3D Touch. Do a search on reddit for this issue. It's all over the site.

Just did this "test" with my sons 6s and my 6s Plus...and they was almost the same.....actually my 6s Plus was smoother and faster. Once again I suggest you have your 6s Plus looked at by Apple

Last edited:

dakini03

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately I no longer have the 6s, but I am interested to take a look at the reddit material. Thanks!

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm specifically talking about the quick action menu on the app icons but it lags a bit in the multitasking screens too. So again, I'm asking those of you saying your 6s Plus runs perfectly smooth, have you done a direct comparison to a 6s?

I had a 6S for a week, then returned it for a 6S Plus. No difference that I can tell.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods