Well I've been participating on another thread about the 6s+ lag issues.

I'm experiencing everything the OP has mentioned plus various other issues like:

1. Status bar missing for couple of seconds after unlocking the phone using Touch ID
    2. Screen freezes when unlocking the phone with Touch ID with a Live Wallpaper
    3. Multitasking is definitely slower

Now I've done everything to try n fix these problems like Setting up as New, Restore from iTunes, Erase Network Settings, Erase Data, etc, etc. Nothing has worked.

When Apple released the iOS 9.1 I thought that would take care of all my problems but to my disappointment it hasn't.

Yesterday I got a chance to compare mine to someone else's 6s+ 64GB and WOW!!! Mine felt like a 6+ compared to the other one as that one screaming all the way, for example mine had a 1-2 second delay when taking pictures using the native camera app. I checked the settings on both the devices, everything was identical. Did a hard reset on both, on the same WIFI network, yet mine was drastically slower than the other one. Call me OCD but this stuff bothers me a lot.
    10-24-2015 01:48 AM
    There is definitely stuttering on the 6S+ models that the 6S does not have and it's because of the higher resolution. I have the 3D Touch stuttering as well as the multitasking view is stuttering on the 6S+. It was even worse on the 6+ I had prior. I think the ones not noticing it aren't sensitive to framerate drops. All Plus models I've tested has had this stuttering. Not a single one ran as smooth as the 6S models. Even a 5S runs a bit smoother than the Plus models for the most part.

I have a jailbreak installed to take away all the blur-effects from the multitasking view and now it's 60fps smooth like the non Plus models. It's clear that the Plus models suffers in framerate performance because of the higher resolution.

I have no lag what so ever though. It's just frame rate issues I'm experiencing.
    10-24-2015 06:10 AM
    Op I have upgraded from an iPhone 6 64 gig to the 6s plus 128 gig and I am not having the problems you are experiencing. Sorry to here you are having a bad experience with your new phone. Im just curious what the memory size is on your phone is it the 16 gig version? Im just wondering if the 16 gig versions are the Phones with the problem and maybe the lack of memory having something to do with it, just a thought.
    10-24-2015 06:21 AM
    Apple stands behind its products more so than any other electronics manufacturer that I've experienced. If your phone is experiencing performance issues take it to an Apple Store and get a new one. There's no point in sitting around complaining about your phone not working the way it should when there's a very easy solution.
    10-24-2015 06:23 AM
    I'm just not seeing these issues on my 6s Plus. No stuttering or lag.
    Spencerdl, jayk82 and reeneebob like this.
    10-24-2015 06:55 AM
    Thank you dannejanne. That's exactly what I'm talking about!

So maybe I should have been more specific. It is a frame rate/stuttering issue, and I'm thinking the same thing. Those not complaining aren't sensitive to it and if you've never used a non plus model you definitely wouldn't notice.

I didn't come to this forum to complain about Apple or my phone. I'm not trolling you guys. It's a legitimate issue that I was curious if others had. I've been buying Apple products for over 10 years. I've brought products to the Genius Bar many times and they are always great there, but I've used and fixed tech long enough to know that this is not something they can fix at the Genius Bar, but I will submit my feedback to Apple about the issue.

What I am curious about is if all the 6s plus models at the Apple Store exhibit this behavior, and I plan to test that asap.
    Last edited by suninmoon; 10-24-2015 at 09:53 AM.
    10-24-2015 08:53 AM
    I'm just not seeing these issues on my 6s Plus. No stuttering or lag.
    Exactly this^^^....We must have gotten GREAT iPhone 6s plus devices....SMILE
    jayk82 likes this.
    10-24-2015 09:35 AM
    Thank you. That's exactly what I'm talking about!

What I am curious about is if all the 6s plus models at the Apple Store exhibit this behavior, and I plan to test that asap.
    All 6S Plus models I've tested so far, in different stores, has had this frame rate issue. I don't believe some iffy hardware in specific models can suffer from this and some not. It's just that iOS 9 is too demanding for the higher resolution of the Plus models in some situations. Though I think they should be able to fix this with optimsation specific for the Plus models. The 6 Plus was much worse with its older hardware so the 6S Plus is definitely an improvement, but not perfect.
    suninmoon likes this.
    10-24-2015 09:46 AM
    I took your challenge. I have a 6S Plus, my wife has a 6S. I did 3D Touch and multitasking on both. There is no difference. Not one bit.

I'm not saying you are wrong in your assessment of the 2 phones you tested, but it doesn't appear to be every 6S Plus that has issues.
    jayk82, Spencerdl and nikkisharif like this.
    10-24-2015 10:07 AM
    new to apple much more experienced in android so no fanboy here. Status bar pops up immediately after touch id unlock, am running live wallpaper and it has not froze, not sure on multitaasking as its kinda cumbersome on ios and I dont use it. my 6splus 128 seems fine as far as these issues, my issues are only things I had available on android I used which ios does not have.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-24-2015 11:38 AM
    I came from a G4 and so far very smooth
    10-24-2015 11:53 AM
    I took your challenge. I have a 6S Plus, my wife has a 6S. I did 3D Touch and multitasking on both. There is no difference. Not one bit.

I'm not saying you are wrong in your assessment of the 2 phones you tested, but it doesn't appear to be every 6S Plus that has issues.
    Ok damn it. I see it now. I see it every time I use 3D Touch. Curse you for pointing this out!
    10-24-2015 09:09 PM
    Ok damn it. I see it now. I see it every time I use 3D Touch. Curse you for pointing this out!
    I'm still looking, and whats funny is I'm almost hoping it will happen, but unfortunately (or fortunately) it hasn't "stuttered" at all. I keep looking and NOTHING....meh,
    jpgti and WordPainter like this.
    10-24-2015 11:01 PM
    How did you test? Did you compare the 6s and 6s Plus side by side? You probably wouldn't see much of a problem with the 6s Plus and 3D touch, until you see how smooth and lag free it is on the 6s
    I just tested 3D Touch with my 6s & 6s plus side by side...no lag on the plus whatsoever. Both devices on 9.1. If it makes any difference, I didn't restore either device from a backup when I got them.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-24-2015 11:54 PM
    I see none of this stuttering business on my 6s+. Not saying that some of you aren't seeing it on your phones, but as I said before my 6s+ is rock solid and plenty fast. I don't buy that there is some universal flaw with the 6s+. Every year these posts show up and they never amount to anything. Bottom line, if you go looking for flaws in something, you will more than likely find them regardless of how valid they actually are.
    Spencerdl and WordPainter like this.
    10-24-2015 11:57 PM
    There is definitely stuttering on the 6S+ models that the 6S does not have and it's because of the higher resolution. I have the 3D Touch stuttering as well as the multitasking view is stuttering on the 6S+. It was even worse on the 6+ I had prior. I think the ones not noticing it aren't sensitive to framerate drops. All Plus models I've tested has had this stuttering. Not a single one ran as smooth as the 6S models. Even a 5S runs a bit smoother than the Plus models for the most part.

I have a jailbreak installed to take away all the blur-effects from the multitasking view and now it's 60fps smooth like the non Plus models. It's clear that the Plus models suffers in framerate performance because of the higher resolution.

I have no lag what so ever though. It's just frame rate issues I'm experiencing.
    Well written. I hope they fix it soon. It has improved from 9.0.2 to 9.1 but still there.
    10-25-2015 12:09 AM
    Well I've been participating on another thread about the 6s+ lag issues.

I'm experiencing everything the OP has mentioned plus various other issues like:

1. Status bar missing for couple of seconds after unlocking the phone using Touch ID
    2. Screen freezes when unlocking the phone with Touch ID with a Live Wallpaper
    3. Multitasking is definitely slower

Now I've done everything to try n fix these problems like Setting up as New, Restore from iTunes, Erase Network Settings, Erase Data, etc, etc. Nothing has worked.

When Apple released the iOS 9.1 I thought that would take care of all my problems but to my disappointment it hasn't.

Yesterday I got a chance to compare mine to someone else's 6s+ 64GB and WOW!!! Mine felt like a 6+ compared to the other one as that one screaming all the way, for example mine had a 1-2 second delay when taking pictures using the native camera app. I checked the settings on both the devices, everything was identical. Did a hard reset on both, on the same WIFI network, yet mine was drastically slower than the other one. Call me OCD but this stuff bothers me a lot.
    So again not every 6s plus is having these issues since you said the other person's was great. Have you taken your device to the Apple Store?
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-25-2015 12:14 AM
    So again not every 6s plus is having these issues since you said the other person's was great. Have you taken your device to the Apple Store?
    Unfortunately we don't have the Apple Store yet in Dubai (opening this week). But once they do I'll definitely pay them a visit.
    10-25-2015 12:19 AM
    Unfortunately we don't have the Apple Store yet in Dubai (opening this week). But once they do I'll definitely pay them a visit.
    Oh ok...well make sure you keep us posted about your device. Good Luck
    10-25-2015 12:21 AM
    Let me say this, just because the I think the OP is right about the frame rate drop on the 6S Plus it doesn't mean that I regret my purchase decision. The positives FAR outweigh the negatives of going back to a 6.
    10-25-2015 05:49 PM
    Let me say this, just because the I think the OP is right about the frame rate drop on the 6S Plus it doesn't mean that I regret my purchase decision. The positives FAR outweigh the negatives of going back to a 6.
    How does one even notice something like that? Awfully nit picky IMO. I don't see it on my 6s Plus.
    The OP never mentioned a frame rate drop.
    10-26-2015 07:54 AM
    I agree, I love the screen size on my 6s Plus. Now that I've used the 5.5 inch screen I don't want to go back to the 6s, and even with the stuttering/frame rate issue on the 6s Plus, I probably wont go back. I showed my wife the comparison and she right away said oh the 6s Plus is faster! I had to remind her not to look at how long it takes the menu to pop up, watch the animation of the pop up, and the blur in the background. It's like watching it frame by frame. She could then easily see what I was talking about. If I had not used a 6s I would have just figured it was supposed to look that way but I would have noticed the sluggishness and that it looked like graphics running on a GPU that cant quite handle the load. Any gamer would see it right away. Gamers also know that when frames start to drop it pulls you out of the experience. That's the way I feel about the 6s Plus. The stuttering/frame rate issue kind of kills the magic of interacting with the device, It breaks the illusion if you will.

Just for the heck of it I swapped sims with my 6s, powered it on and tested out 3D touch, absolutely flawless, zero frames dropped, perfectly smooth. It is a small thing, but when you see how 3D touch is supposed to run, it sucks to see it run on the 6s Plus. As a test I wiped my 6s Plus back to factory default then set it up as a new phone, still no 6s performance. I'm going to try to get to the Apple store today or tomorrow and test every 6s Plus they have on display. If I find one that runs as smoothly as a 6s, I'll let you know. My gut feeling is I wont because I believe this is how they all run. Some people notice it and some people don't.
    10-26-2015 10:05 AM
    To all nay sayers about the frame rate issue...

dakini03 likes this.
    10-27-2015 03:20 AM

Just checked on my 6s plus.
    No frame rate drop at all. It's actually faster than the 6s in the video.
    10-27-2015 04:20 AM

Thanks for posting this. I was thinking of making my own but this is much better than what I could have done. You can easily see that it's most noticeable on the quick action menus. This is exactly what I'm talking about it. I'm headed to the Apple store today and I'm going to test every iPhone 6s Plus in the store. I believe you when you say this is affecting every iPhone but I want more proof when I go to Apple with the issue.

I actually did a chat session with Apple support yesterday where they ran remote diagnostics on my phone and found nothing of course but I have an in store appointment for next week so I'll let you know what I find today and next week.
    dakini03 likes this.
    10-27-2015 09:32 AM
68 123