6s Plus vs Note 5....recenter iOS switcher here need advice

jpstephens225

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
So, I jumped ship last week, leaving my Droid Turbo and picking up a 6s Plus from the apple store. I was between the 6s Plus and a Note 5. My turbo had gotten majorly sluggish and it's impossible to find a decent case or accessories for it, hence my juggle between iPhone and samsung. Anyway, i'm trying to get used to the 6s Plus and was wondering if anyone here was between the 2 devices. I miss several things about how Android works, but i also like the security of iOS. Bluetooth connections seem better on 6s Plus than my old Turbo (turbo wouldn't connect half the time)....i miss being able to set up a home screen that wasn't a grid of apps..lol Anyway, just curious the thoughts of those that have chosen between the 2 and what swayed you either way.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I used to switch between Samsung and iOS all the time but I always end up going right back to iOS l, IMO the iPhone 6s Plus is the best device out there at the moment. It fits all my need and I don't have to worry about my device be sluggish like android device. I have had several android devices and they always end up doing the same thing. iOS just works for me.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I used to switch between Samsung and iOS all the time but I always end up going right back to iOS l, IMO the iPhone 6s Plus is the best device out there at the moment. It fits all my need and I don't have to worry about my device be sluggish like android device. I have had several android devices and they always end up doing the same thing. iOS just works for me.

I agree! ... I used to be in a similar situation, I always ended back up on iOS - I love my 6s Plus.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Yep, same here. Apple clearly has a hold on me so I had to stop fighting it. The Note 5 is a really nice device, but the overall fit and finish of iOS and the integration with Apple's entire ecosystem is unmatched IMO.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep, same here. Apple clearly has a hold on me so I had to stop fighting it. The Note 5 is a really nice device, but the overall fit and finish of iOS and the integration with Apple's entire ecosystem is unmatched IMO.

Yes and I also love getting updates without any carrier being the middle man. I couldn't stand Android with that stuff. That's why the Nexus line is popular.

dkeven

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I guess it depends on your usage. iOS runs well without tinkering ( can't tinker anyway) apps for ios more costly and less plentiful. Customization limited so simpler to use. Battery life on ios for me way better. If you can accept a more generic experience it's great if customization is your thing it's limited. Integrates with my Imac ipad and vehicle better than android. Lack of customization frustrating. I never rooted the android, but even stock gives more choices. Trying to like this 6s plus maybe just a use thing

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I went from the 6 plus to the note 5 and now onto the 6s plus. I'm on verizon and a big issue that seems to have gotten worse over time is verizon controlling updates. I don't know why but this bugs the crap out of me. I have alway been an android user from the beginning. I used the 6 plus all summer, which is a dig deal for me. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed the apps, even google apps on ios and the way everything flow and works and the outstanding battery life. The note 5 may be the best android phone I have used. Fast, with good battery. The things that concern me are android phones are all fast when you get them but give it 3 to 4 months and it all changes. Then the updates. It's a joke. Plus apple seems more serious about security. I don't know how it happened but I think I will be a long time iphone user.

jpstephens225

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the comments! I appreciate the view points. I noticed that my last phone, the DroidTurbo, suffered from sluggishness after several months. It did better than previous android phones, but still slowed down. I also hate the delay in updates and carrier interference. I believe it still has not be updated to close the Stage Fright issues!! And the last update wrecked it for Bluetooth and battery anyway. Thanks for the thoughts!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the comments! I appreciate the view points. I noticed that my last phone, the DroidTurbo, suffered from sluggishness after several months. It did better than previous android phones, but still slowed down. I also hate the delay in updates and carrier interference. I believe it still has not be updated to close the Stage Fright issues!! And the last update wrecked it for Bluetooth and battery anyway. Thanks for the thoughts!

The Stagefright stuff is getting ridiculous. My Pure Edition 2014 Moto X finally got an update in September (directly from Moto no carrier interference on a Pure Edition) for the July stagefright stuff. Then just a couple weeks later, more vulnerabilities for stagefright were found. Who knows when those will be patched.

LewLew23

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
For me, I always switched between Galaxies and iPhones as well. I had the S3, Then the 5S, then the S5, and finally the Note 4. As much as I loved my Note 4 and wanted the Note 5, the ONLY thing that swayed me into getting the 6 Plus was the synchronization between it and my iPad. I love the Samsung/Android atmosphere and my phone did everything I needed it to (the stylus was a plus). But being able to sync all my music with iTunes without using an app, having my information save automatically to both devices, and being able to use Handoff was just too much for me to not have anymore.

I think for now, I'm most likely going to stay with Apple. I say that now, but when it comes time to decide between the iPhone 7 and the Note 6, I know I'm gonna be troubled again :p

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Apple and iOS is too damn good to stay away. iOS 9.1 has been great. I'm addicted to my 6S Plus. Ordering the new Apple TV next week also. It's a Cult lol.

JaneGL

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I was never a Samsung fan but I will concede that this year's Note 5 really knocked it out of the park. Having said that I still wouldn't buy a Samsung personally, I always preferred other vendors when I did use android. The most common brand I see iPhone switchers gravitate to is Samsung which I attribute to lack of research and reliance on media. This year I'd most definitely point any switcher to the new nexus 6p.