3D Touch

joe_m_p

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they're going to break the screen when using 3D Touch? Even at its lightest setting I still feel like I'm putting too much pressure on the screen.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Most of the time no, but occasionally like when I found out you can peek/pop in Music on an artist in your on device music to see what albums they have and sometimes when I try to pop into the full view it seems like I'm going to break something. Even weirder is it seems related to the particular artist I'm previewing, not the spot on the screen (upper 3rd in the middle). I thought maybe it was the Zagg HD glass protector I'm using (apparently .4mm) but I don't think so now.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes I do feel that way but then I think about how much time apple spent testing the glass out lol. Then I say to myself it will be fine.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

joe_m_p

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if tempered glass screen protectors are proving some resistance compared to the regular plastic ones. Maybe that's why I feel like I'm using a little too much force.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I feel like the screen has a little more give to it. I'm used to it by now but it was really weird at first.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they're going to break the screen when using 3D Touch? Even at its lightest setting I still feel like I'm putting too much pressure on the screen.

I changed he pressure settings for 3D Touch because of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I changed he pressure settings for 3D Touch because of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. I can't even imagine having it set to "firm". But Apple, just like all manufacturers, does a ton of product testing prior to going into mass production so I'm sure they're confident that using 3D Touch on any setting isn't going to break the phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I use to think the same thing when I first got my 6s & 6s plus but once I changed the settings & got use to it, it barely takes any pressure. I use it all the time & love it

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I felt like I was having to press way too hard when I first got my 6s Plus, but I changed the setting to Light now everything is fine for me.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, at first it felt as though I would put a hole in it, but once I got use to it, it's not even a second thought.
I chose not to use a screen protector (right now anyway), and no scratches with the "new" Apple glass. Apple states this is the hardest glass that they ever put on a iPhone (6s/6s Plus).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox