My iPhone 6s Plus battery seems to drain faster on my wifi at home than when I'm on the wifi at my job? I'm using the phone the same at home and at work. Is it something with the wifi network?
    10-19-2015 04:31 PM
    How's the signal? If signal is worse at home, your phone could be working harder to maintain a connection.
    Zafla likes this.
    10-19-2015 05:07 PM
    Signal is roughly the same as when I'm at work. At work there are 5-6 computers also connected to wifi along with 2-3 phones. At home there are usually 2-3 laptops and 3 phones connected. Don't know if that makes a difference. I'll look into the wifi signal here at home. Thanks.
    10-19-2015 05:14 PM
    How's your cellular signal at home? it may not be wifi. It may be a weak cellular signal causing it. The signal at my house is horrid so I've noticed that my phone drains faster at home and it's most likely bc my phone is constantly trying to maintain signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-19-2015 06:38 PM
    How's your cellular signal at home? it may not be wifi. It may be a weak cellular signal causing it. The signal at my house is horrid so I've noticed that my phone drains faster at home and it's most likely bc my phone is constantly trying to maintain signal.

My cellular signal is actually pretty good at home. I read other forums and posts about how if your wifi router is far away from where you use your phone most, that could be the problem. Might be the case with me, having to travel through some walls and pass the microwave maybe? Or I'm just looking into it too much.
    10-21-2015 05:08 PM
    My cellular signal is actually pretty good at home. I read other forums and posts about how if your wifi router is far away from where you use your phone most, that could be the problem. Might be the case with me, having to travel through some walls and pass the microwave maybe? Or I'm just looking into it too much.
    Could be. My house is pretty big and when I'm in my room the wifi gets pretty weak. It doesn't help the my cell signal is weak too, so I am sure they both contribute to the faster draining while at home. My battery still lasts a day when I'm at home and using it more than at work, so I don't have much to complain.

10-21-2015 09:05 PM
    Could be. My house is pretty big and when I'm in my room the wifi gets pretty weak. It doesn't help the my cell signal is weak too, so I am sure they both contribute to the faster draining while at home. My battery still lasts a day when I'm at home and using it more than at work, so I don't have much to complain.

Mine usually last at least 24-36 hours before I end up putting it on the charger. Some days less depending on what is going on. I can't complain much either, it's an amazing phone.
    10-22-2015 10:23 AM
    Mine usually last at least 24-36 hours before I end up putting it on the charger. Some days less depending on what is going on. I can't complain much either, it's an amazing phone.
    Yea, I would say 24-36 is fantastic. I don't have the plus and mine goes on the charger every night. Sometimes, I'm only down to 40-50% when I plug it in, but I don't want to worry about charging it during the day.
    10-22-2015 12:46 PM
    Distance to the router/modem does make a difference. Also metal objects can interfere with the wifi signal. A large refrigerator for example. Even rebar in the walls can interfere.
    21stNow and Zafla like this.
    10-22-2015 02:40 PM