Anyone having this screen issue?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I have that too on mine. I didn't notice that spot until you pointed it out now. Before this, I noticed it on the top, but it is so, so, so, so minor on mine that it wasn't worth fretting over it. I know you had the issue on the top as well. Every 6s Plus has this I'm sure. I think some people just don't see well enough to notice it. Also, screen brightness will affect how visible, or not, it is.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have that too on mine. I didn't notice that spot until you pointed it out now. Before this, I noticed it on the top, but it is so, so, so, so minor on mine that it wasn't worth fretting over it. I know you had the issue on the top as well. Every 6s Plus has this I'm sure. I think some people just don't see well enough to notice it. Also, screen brightness will affect how visible, or not, it is.

Yes, I have the issue on top of my screen too and it's worst. My replacement took care of the issue on top of my screen. It's so much better now except for the issue on the bottom left of my screen which remains the same. Anyway, at least Apple was able to document the issue and they have it now on their record.

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I second that, I pay my money so I want it flawless

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
Nothing personal and this is just a generalisation, but in my experience those that pay full price for their phones are often more blas? about this kind of thing than those that get the subsidized version who typically go through the roof and demand multiple phones until it's fixed.

So I guess what I'm saying is the term "I paid my money" is relative. To be clear, I'm not saying this about you personally as I don't know your situation, but a person who pays $200 (or less) for a phone worth over $1000 and then complains about tiny minor flaws until they get one (or two) new ones should really just go jump off a cliff IMO.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Nothing personal and this is just a generalisation, but in my experience those that pay full price for their phones are often more blas? about this kind of thing than those that get the subsidized version who typically go through the roof and demand multiple phones until it's fixed.

So I guess what I'm saying is the term "I paid my money" is relative. To be clear, I'm not saying this about you personally as I don't know your situation, but a person who pays $200 (or less) for a phone worth over $1000 and then complains about tiny minor flaws until they get one (or two) new ones should really just go jump off a cliff IMO.

I understand what you are saying but to me it doesn't matter if you pay 1 dollar or 10,000 dollars it's your money that you earned and if you spent it on something you should be able to receive the item without flaws. But I think I would be really upset if I spent 10,00 on a phone lol

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it does matter (this type of behaviour). It shows an exaggerated sense of entitlement, and it's just plain mean and shallow IMO.

I get a lot of heat in regards my iMore comments about being "negative" but in fact in person I am a delightful, kind, moral human being. Much nicer and more tolerant in fact than most of the folks that criticise me. I wouldn't be able to look in the mirror if I was one of "those people."

I guess we'll have to disagree on that.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think it does matter (this type of behaviour). It shows an exaggerated sense of entitlement, and it's just plain mean and shallow IMO.

I get a lot of heat in regards my iMore comments about being "negative" but in fact in person I am a delightful, kind, moral human being. Much nicer and more tolerant in fact than most of the folks that criticise me. I wouldn't be able to look in the mirror if I was one of "those people."

I paid full price for my phone but it really wouldn't matter to me if it were the $950 I paid or $400 on a subsidized plan. The fact is these are expensive, high end devices and they should operate as such.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site

I wasn't talking about you in general or did I mean to offend you, I apologize if I did. I was just say that's how I would be.

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Nope not on mine.. If this is on multiple, I would not worry about it.. I know that sounds crazy but its very very minimal...

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up a 6S Plus Unlocked today. I have the spot. But, because of having read this thread earlier in the day, I looked for it. I most likely would not have noticed it otherwise.

I feel like any replacement is going to most likely have it based on the comments in here and the in-store units.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Just picked up a 6S Plus Unlocked today. I have the spot. But, because of having read this thread earlier in the day, I looked for it. I most likely would not have noticed it otherwise.

I feel like any replacement is going to most likely have it based on the comments in here and the in-store units.

Is your chip TSMC by any chance? Just trying to pinpoint where these phones with issues are coming from. Thanks!

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Is your chip TSMC by any chance? Just trying to pinpoint where these phones with issues are coming from. Thanks!

I haven't looked into that. Not totally interested in knowing actually.

The spot doesn't bother me at all as long as it doesn't get worse over time and get bigger. But I suppose if it's going to grow it'll do so within the year warranty.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I haven't looked into that. Not totally interested in knowing actually.

The spot doesn't bother me at all as long as it doesn't get worse over time and get bigger. But I suppose if it's going to grow it'll do so within the year warranty.

As far as I can tell, it's still the same since I got the replacement a week after the launch day. It doesn't grow or get worse. I still see it if I happen to look into that area but I try to avoid it. It doesn't bother me as much anymore. I think I've learned to get used to it. I've read from other forums that it has something to do with Taptic engine connection to the screen. Not sure if this true though but it seems like it.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
As far as I can tell, it's still the same since I got the replacement a week after the launch day. It doesn't grow or get worse. I still see it if I happen to look into that area but I try to avoid it. It doesn't bother me as much anymore. I think I've learned to get used to it. I've read from other forums that it has something to do with Taptic engine connection to the screen. Not sure if this true though but it seems like it.

Makes sense. Also makes sense that it could explain the slight variation between phones while still remaining in the exact area. I'm sure some are worse than mine.

I only see it now when I'm looking for it, and I find myself doing that less and less.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got my 6s Plus 128gb from AT&T and I see absolutely nothing. If I scroll on a white background my mind thinks I may see something on lower screen brightness, but I don't actually think anything is there. It isn't a dot. It looks more like a line that is most likely the remnants of scrolling really fast. Without this thread I wouldn't have even looked and even after looking I don't see anything.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I do too in the exact same spot. Nothing that bothers me so a let it be. Nothing I'm stressed about. It's only noticeable on a white screen and I really have to look for it. It's nothing that jumps out at me.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I have the issue on top of my screen too and it's worst. My replacement took care of the issue on top of my screen. It's so much better now except for the issue on the bottom left of my screen which remains the same. Anyway, at least Apple was able to document the issue and they have it now on their record.

I have it on top too. But nothing that bothers me either. It's something I have to look for to notice it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2