Hi All,

I was wondering if the SAR value on the IPhone 6s Plus is the same as the regular IPhone 6 Plus?

Thanks
    10-17-2015 11:46 PM
    Welcome to iMore! I don't have the raw data in front of me but I have read that the iPhone 6s Plus has a slightly better SAR rating from the data published by Apple.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-17-2015 11:56 PM
    Thanks for the reply! I was hoping that it was less but it's been strangely difficult to find anything about it online.
    10-18-2015 12:48 AM
    Thanks for the reply! I was hoping that it was less but it's been strangely difficult to find anything about it online.
    I PMed you a link.

10-18-2015 08:28 AM
    This was literally the first return on a google search for "iPhone 6S SAR"...

RF Exposure
    Branta and moaningmyrtle like this.
    10-18-2015 09:32 AM
    This was literally the first return on a google search for "iPhone 6S SAR"...

RF Exposure
    Wow....How did I miss that? I must have searched for something like "iPhone 6s RF exposure."

To me this is a calculated risk. I use my devices having full knowledge that they emit radiation, and it's not going to stop me. Famous last words?

10-18-2015 11:18 AM
    Thanks for the PM with the link! As for google, I had been searching using the word SAR and I was only getting articles for last year's model. Funny enough thiough, I had searched Galaxy Note 5 SAR last night and it returned an article with the IPhone 6S Plus SAR rating lol.

I think the jury is still out on cell phone radiation and even if the SAR matters.. but until there is more conclusive information I am trying to reduce my exposure where I can. Most of the new phones seem to have around the same level of SAR ratings (nearing the allowable limits).. I wonder if that's just due to the faster networks?
    10-18-2015 05:15 PM
    Thanks for the PM with the link! As for google, I had been searching using the word SAR and I was only getting articles for last year's model. Funny enough thiough, I had searched Galaxy Note 5 SAR last night and it returned an article with the IPhone 6S Plus SAR rating lol.

I think the jury is still out on cell phone radiation and even if the SAR matters.. but until there is more conclusive information I am trying to reduce my exposure where I can. Most of the new phones seem to have around the same level of SAR ratings (nearing the allowable limits).. I wonder if that's just due to the faster networks?
    Anytime! Always happy to help

10-18-2015 06:46 PM