Don't think you need a screen protector?

jjtheprince

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Well check this out...I dropped my phone while on a hike bc my 3 year old accidentally hit my arm while I was trying to take a picture of something.

The phone took a nearly 20 foot fall down onto some rocks and landed hard face down. You could even hear a "bang" as it hit. I was worried it was destroyed when I climbed down to get it, but my screen protector did its job and saved my display. The polycarbonate cover on my case also cracked, so I have to replace a case and a screen protector, but my phone doesn't have a single blemish & seems to work just fine.

My phone is insured by AT&T, but if my screen would have shattered I would have ended up paying a lot out of pocket for a damage deductable. In this case all I had to do was peel off my shattered screen protector and I was good to go. Here's a pic of the damaged screen protector.

image.jpeg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, but no, I do not need a screen protector and never have, but that's Just Me, D......Everyone's need varies.

jjtheprince

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Well not everyone is out & about in nature with their phones or has kids lol. All I'm saying is that my Spigen screen protector I bought on Amazon for $8 saved me $199!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Screen protectors IMO are necessary because Karma gets you every time. I know a lot of iPhone users who have broken many screens and frankly got tired of the repair bills. Cheap insurance is better than a costly display.

jjtheprince

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Is the OP's screen protector glass? Looks like it is by the way it shattered

Yes, it was a Spigen glas.tr slim tempered glass protector.

I think what I really need is some sort of neckstrap setup for it while I'm out picture taking. I've never dropped my Nikon D300s because of that lol.

Blakew23

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I put a screen protector on mine minutes after receiving it. I'm too afraid of getting those hairline scratches on the screen.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
To each it's own. Some use them and some don't. I personally use tempered glass protectors because I don't use a case.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
At first I did then felt like I never dropped it so I took it off. I was at a bbq and dropped my phone on the pavement and had to pay to get it repaired because Apple wouldn't fix it because the body of the phone bent. Now
I always use one and I have a clear casemate case on it