Cant decide between 6s or 6s plus

law2010

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Im much more concerned with portability & daily usability than any real increase in battery life or ease of video/gaming capability.

Mine should be in my hot little hands tomorrow, and I'm glad I have 14-days (wish I had 30) to either love my larger 6s+...or revert back to my familiar 6s sized device. My main question is how massive it will feel, and look in the pocket of the dress slacks I wear every day for the most part of my day, as well as how my smallish hands will cope with the size in daily one-handed operation. Frankly, when I switched from my 5s to the 6, there was an adjustment "curve" needed, and I almost felt the 6 was too big. But, I'm willing to give the 6s+ it's due, and I'm hoping that, like for so many who jumped on the 6+, that my concerns will be quickly allayed, and I'll be a happy phablet owner!

I wear a suit 5 days a week and suit pockets are usually larger than jeans these days. This should be a non issue for you.

law2010

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I was surprised at how well the 6s Plus fit my pockets, including my jeans. I thought it would be an issue, but it's really not been much different from my iPhone 5. Not that I notice. I can feel a difference getting in and out of the car. But that's it.

iMoreAppImg_20151018_112251.jpg

As long as you get a thin case, you are good to go. I don't think I could use the 6S Plus with an otterbox. I also like to have neat cases, such as my case above.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
6s+: Bigger obviously (both good and bad depending how you see it). Killer battery life.

6s: Smoother operation in the UI because of smaller resolution. More portable.

Blakew23

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I settled on the 6s Plus. The ONLY thing you sacrifice is portability. Depends on what your job is, but I'm sedentary most of the day. I sit at a desk so I'm not having to run around with a phone in my hand. If I were on the go more, I would want the 6s.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It's not a difficult decision in my opinion.

You should only go for the 6s if one-handed use is your thing or if you always carry your phone in your pocket. Its battery life is not terrible but you'll need to recharge it every day even with moderate use.

Personally, I prefer the iPhone 6s Plus because of the larger/higher resolution screen, extra battery life (with light use, it has lasted me up to 4 days) and optical image stabilization. You mention that because of its size, it "doesn't feel 100% comfortable." I would suggest you try it for a few days. When I got my 6 Plus, it felt really big. A year later, it feels "normal" now. I wouldn't go back to a smaller phone screen.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The battery on the 6s isn't "shocking". It's capable of a full day with moderate use. If you're a power user and you need the battery to last for extended periods then by all means go with the plus. As well as if you want a larger screen. I prefer the portability of the 6s. After years of Note devices and HTC One Max devices I grew to prefer a much more easily manageable size. I enjoy being able to easily grab my phone and work with one hand. It's not uncomfortable if I'm laying down and using my phone.

Just my two cents.

ReVu30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I wanted the 6s at first, but once I played around with the Plus in the store, I decided to go the bigger route. My advice is to go to your carrier's store and use the demos, hold them and imagine using it on a daily basis and also access your needs. You will make a better decision that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fopopnyc

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
i obsessed over this decision, went with 6s, and very happy with it. despite all the apple store staff that i know going 6s plus, after my experience with the 6 plus i can honestly say that it provides little to no productivity boost over the 6s. the landscape mode is awful with left-nav (on apps that actually offer it) taking up too much screen real estate, and an awful landscape keyboard. and when apple decided to keep split screen away from the 6 plus, and keep the pencil for the ipad pro, i think they tanked the whole promise of the 'plus' thing. yes you get better battery life, but my mophie portable charger is easier to carry around than the oversized plus size phone. and i still can't tell OIS difference in photos, but if you need it for video I concede you may appreciate it. Otherwise, 6s all the way. I think we're seeing a bit of an overreaction to the plus model from apple fans who just want something different this year...

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I keep reading all these posts and am itching to go grab me an Splus. I only have one more day to return my 6S, I should be able to resist and stay with my S. I had the 6plus before my 6S.

GreenDize12

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I currently own a iPhone 6S Plus, but at work I have to use the iPhone 5C's they provide us to handle customer requests and the damn thing makes it hard to respond to text and other finger gestures that are now to small for me to do. This definitely wasn't the case a year ago when I still had my old Black iPhone 5. I seriously can't go back to it. #1stworldproblems I guess.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Well...I got my 6s+ in the mail yesterday, and despite a few app restoration glitches ("restored" apps appearing grayed-out on the screen & showing active, when they were not)...I finally got it up and running to my satisfaction last night. Here are some thoughts as compared to my previous "6"...

1. It is significantly bigger...duh! In hand, in pocket in general "presence"...it's much bigger. Biggest deal for me so far is that it feels, and looks significantly more bulky in the pocket of my dress slacks.

2. My hands are not tiny, but not massive for a guy...and although one handed usage is not impossible, it requires some, ummm "forethought" in a shift of holding the device to do all the things that came very naturally to me with the smaller phone. I'm beginning to miss the ease of easy one-handed use already, especially while (I know, I know...) driving.

3. The screen is amazing. The screen on my 6 was pretty dang good...but this one "pops" a little more. The pixel increase is the reason, and it is noticeable. I can see how the screen size and clarity would be of utmost importance to gamers & frequent video watchers. I am neither of those...but the screen is pretty amazing, nonetheless.

4. I'm beginning to question my priorities...and to be very honest, one-handed use & the portabiliy of the smaller 6s may be too much of a trade-off for me to stay with the 6s+ no matter what the improvements that are on the bigger phone.

This is what I am seeing after only a first night of use. Thankfully, I have 13 more days to make a decision. In the next few days I will be spending a lot of quality time with my new device, and will probably make a decision by the weekend.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Well...I got my 6s+ in the mail yesterday, and despite a few app restoration glitches ("restored" apps appearing grayed-out on the screen & showing active, when they were not)...I finally got it up and running to my satisfaction last night. Here are some thoughts as compared to my previous "6"...

1. It is significantly bigger...duh! In hand, in pocket in general "presence"...it's much bigger. Biggest deal for me so far is that it feels, and looks significantly more bulky in the pocket of my dress slacks.

2. My hands are not tiny, but not massive for a guy...and although one handed usage is not impossible, it requires some, ummm "forethought" in a shift of holding the device to do all the things that came very naturally to me with the smaller phone. I'm beginning to miss the ease of easy one-handed use already, especially while (I know, I know...) driving.

3. The screen is amazing. The screen on my 6 was pretty dang good...but this one "pops" a little more. The pixel increase is the reason, and it is noticeable. I can see how the screen size and clarity would be of utmost importance to gamers & frequent video watchers. I am neither of those...but the screen is pretty amazing, nonetheless.

4. I'm beginning to question my priorities...and to be very honest, one-handed use & the portabiliy of the smaller 6s may be too much of a trade-off for me to stay with the 6s+ no matter what the improvements that are on the bigger phone.

This is what I am seeing after only a first night of use. Thankfully, I have 13 more days to make a decision. In the next few days I will be spending a lot of quality time with my new device, and will probably make a decision by the weekend.

Glad you got it! Give it a few days and see what you think. I personally couldn't get used to the size of the Plus for my needs. Everyone is different. You've got a return window so take advantage of it!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Glad you got it! Give it a few days and see what you think. I personally couldn't get used to the size of the Plus for my needs. Everyone is different. You've got a return window so take advantage of it!

I will. I tend to have a real like-it-or-not opinion about devices pretty much from the get go. I've run through countless BlackBerrys, Android devices and what not in years past, simply because they didn't really "grab me" for one reason or another. But, I'm trying to excersize a bit of maturity now and will give this a few days to see if we bond a little more...

Blakew23

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow, it's comforting to know there are others out there with the same struggles. I "want" to like the 6s Plus for my daily user and I do like it, but the portability of the 6s just cannot be overlooked. I love the battery life, screen, and OIS on the Plus. HOWEVER, I'm missing that snatch it out of my pocket, respond to a quick text, and slide it back into my pocket. It's a phone. A Phone. A PHONE! They're both good phones and the 6s Plus is certainly specced better, but I think I'm going to sell my 6s Plus if I can't get someone to trade me for it and go with the 6s.

Another thing to consider, we only have these phones for a year. These aren't lifelong commitments.