Cant decide between 6s or 6s plus

laz305

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
The only reason to go with the + is if you like watching videos/movies a lot and want to take awesome pics and vidz. If not you're better off with the 6 IMO.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am not going to lie, I first got the 6s, then I decided I wanted to go back to the + size. Now after having the + back for a few days I remember why I decided to get the 6s from the get go. Im still undecided.

vix2012

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
It's really a personal choice so you need to think what appeals you the most. Battery timing and size does not matters and if I would be buying iPhone then I prefer having 6s.

hopesrequiem

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I had the 6s first and found myself needing more battery. I also tended to squint at the smaller display as well. LOVING the 6s plus. It's not my first big phone though. I had owned a few Samsung Galaxy Note's so it was easier to get used to. I like to play racing games and this phone makes them so intense! No desire to get the smaller one again even though it's easier to hold! The camera benefits and battery life easily make it work while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appelflap

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I used the iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6 and now the iPhone 6s Plus. Both sizes are good, really. The difference isn't that noticeable for day to day usage IMHO. There's only one thing you can't do well on a regular size iPhone and that's eReading. That's why I went with the plus size. I love to read books on it.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
A buddy of mine had the iPhone 6 Plus and decided to go 6s this go around. He values mobility over the benefits of a larger screen and battery at this point. However, I'm waiting for his final assessment. (His experience with the smaller unit is still pretty fresh.)

Sent from my Galaxy Note5 using Tapatalk

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I used the iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6 and now the iPhone 6s Plus. Both sizes are good, really. The difference isn't that noticeable for day to day usage IMHO. There's only one thing you can't do well on a regular size iPhone and that's eReading. That's why I went with the plus size. I love to read books on it.

Sometimes I feel this way but then I love the screen size and battery life

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Maxwell Zwe

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Like the others said, once you are used to a bigger phone, it's hard to use a smaller one again. I went with the 6 Plus (not 6S Plus), and while it's hard to use at times, you'll get a better battery life and flexibility (either more things to fit onto a screen, or zoomed like a non-Plus).

law2010

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
This answer is not really going to help, but I have the 6S Plus right now. I absolutely love it. However, I truly wish I had BOTH a 6S and 6S Plus. Here's why:

On days where I am running around between my office and half a dozen courtrooms, all I do with my phone is text and email because I am too busy to do anything else. Since I am running around, the phone is not used nearly as much as I would use it on a slow day, so battery is a non issue and portability is paramount.

On days where I find myself with more time to text friends for the heck of it and watch YouTube videos and read iMore, Android Central, and Crackberry in addition to catching up on the news and listening to podcasts, I absolutely prefer the iPhone 6S Plus. The superior battery life and big screen are absolutely more suited for this type of usage pattern.

If only I could have both and not spend an arm and a leg...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This answer is not really going to help, but I have the 6S Plus right now. I absolutely love it. However, I truly wish I had BOTH a 6S and 6S Plus. Here's why:

On days where I am running around between my office and half a dozen courtrooms, all I do with my phone is text and email because I am too busy to do anything else. Since I am running around, the phone is not used nearly as much as I would use it on a slow day, so battery is a non issue and portability is paramount.

On days where I find myself with more time to text friends for the heck of it and watch YouTube videos and read iMore, Android Central, and Crackberry in addition to catching up on the news and listening to podcasts, I absolutely prefer the iPhone 6S Plus. The superior battery life and big screen are absolutely more suited for this type of usage pattern.

If only I could have both and not spend an arm and a leg...

Very true! It all comes down to screen size vs. portability. I personally don't ever find myself thinking "I wish my phone were smaller" but I can see the value in having a smaller device for when you're on the go. My 6s Plus sits in a suit coat pocket for the majority of the day and I've yet to find a coat that won't accommodate it. I have gigantic hands, so holding my phone is pretty much a nonissue. My wife, on the other hand, has very small hands and absolutely hates my 6s Plus.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Im much more concerned with portability & daily usability than any real increase in battery life or ease of video/gaming capability.

Mine should be in my hot little hands tomorrow, and I'm glad I have 14-days (wish I had 30) to either love my larger 6s+...or revert back to my familiar 6s sized device. My main question is how massive it will feel, and look in the pocket of the dress slacks I wear every day for the most part of my day, as well as how my smallish hands will cope with the size in daily one-handed operation. Frankly, when I switched from my 5s to the 6, there was an adjustment "curve" needed, and I almost felt the 6 was too big. But, I'm willing to give the 6s+ it's due, and I'm hoping that, like for so many who jumped on the 6+, that my concerns will be quickly allayed, and I'll be a happy phablet owner!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Im much more concerned with portability & daily usability than any real increase in battery life or ease of video/gaming capability.

Mine should be in my hot little hands tomorrow, and I'm glad I have 14-days (wish I had 30) to either love my larger 6s+...or revert back to my familiar 6s sized device. My main question is how massive it will feel, and look in the pocket of the dress slacks I wear every day for the most part of my day, as well as how my smallish hands will cope with the size in daily one-handed operation. Frankly, when I switched from my 5s to the 6, there was an adjustment "curve" needed, and I almost felt the 6 was too big. But, I'm willing to give the 6s+ it's due, and I'm hoping that, like for so many who jumped on the 6+, that my concerns will be quickly allayed, and I'll be a happy phablet owner!

My advice is to give it at least a week. Take it out into the real world and see how it works for you. If you're still getting used to it at that point you probably never will be.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

JasonC07

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I find the size of the Plus just right. I wear suits weekly and the size does not bother me in the slightest. My of my colleagues and clients have phablets. I think that it's becoming the norm. I am using the Spigen Ultra Hybrid and the case does not print (outline in your pants) bad at all when wear dress slacks.

The White Falcon

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I've had a regular 6 since launch. I constantly wish it had a longer battery. It's gotten to the point where I've acquired a used 3GS cheap to offload my music and podcast listening to just to make sure I make it through the day. (Deleting the Facebook app has helped)

I've often wished Apple released an iPad Nano/iPod Touch Plus in a 5.5" size, both so I could try it out before buying a 7 Plus next year, and so I could have a device good for reading, as 4.7" still isn't quite there, but sometimes using my iPad Air for reading is a pain in the behind.

That being said, the times I've tried the Plus in stores I'm always struck by how unsecure it feels in my hand. I suppose I might get used to it eventually though.

The White Falcon

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I use iPad Air to read pdf and books all the time, what do you mean pain in the behind?

It's not very pocketable. ;)

Plus I find it's just a big physically larger than I would prefer for a reading device. I mean, I use it, but I don't feel it's ideal. I've spent years with Sony Readers though, so I prefer that size.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I was surprised at how well the 6s Plus fit my pockets, including my jeans. I thought it would be an issue, but it's really not been much different from my iPhone 5. Not that I notice. I can feel a difference getting in and out of the car. But that's it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It's not very pocketable. ;)

Plus I find it's just a big physically larger than I would prefer for a reading device. I mean, I use it, but I don't feel it's ideal. I've spent years with Sony Readers though, so I prefer that size.

Welcome to iMore. Enjoy the site
I decide to go with the larger screen and better battery life of the 6s Plus, and to be honest I view all smartphones as portable, now a desktop, laptop or tablet is something different....SMILE

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro