Well after being back and forth the last few days I have decided to try get used to the plus. Thanks for all you suggestions
    10-19-2015 11:35 AM
    I wanted the 6s at first, but once I played around with the Plus in the store, I decided to go the bigger route. My advice is to go to your carrier's store and use the demos, hold them and imagine using it on a daily basis and also access your needs. You will make a better decision that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-19-2015 12:54 PM
    I had the 6 Plus and now the 6s Plus, but would go to 6s if it had OIS...
    10-19-2015 03:39 PM
    i obsessed over this decision, went with 6s, and very happy with it. despite all the apple store staff that i know going 6s plus, after my experience with the 6 plus i can honestly say that it provides little to no productivity boost over the 6s. the landscape mode is awful with left-nav (on apps that actually offer it) taking up too much screen real estate, and an awful landscape keyboard. and when apple decided to keep split screen away from the 6 plus, and keep the pencil for the ipad pro, i think they tanked the whole promise of the 'plus' thing. yes you get better battery life, but my mophie portable charger is easier to carry around than the oversized plus size phone. and i still can't tell OIS difference in photos, but if you need it for video I concede you may appreciate it. Otherwise, 6s all the way. I think we're seeing a bit of an overreaction to the plus model from apple fans who just want something different this year...
    10-19-2015 04:03 PM
    I keep reading all these posts and am itching to go grab me an Splus. I only have one more day to return my 6S, I should be able to resist and stay with my S. I had the 6plus before my 6S.
    10-19-2015 05:07 PM
    Same here. I currently own a iPhone 6S Plus, but at work I have to use the iPhone 5C's they provide us to handle customer requests and the damn thing makes it hard to respond to text and other finger gestures that are now to small for me to do. This definitely wasn't the case a year ago when I still had my old Black iPhone 5. I seriously can't go back to it. #1stworldproblems I guess.
    10-19-2015 05:54 PM
    Well...I got my 6s+ in the mail yesterday, and despite a few app restoration glitches ("restored" apps appearing grayed-out on the screen & showing active, when they were not)...I finally got it up and running to my satisfaction last night. Here are some thoughts as compared to my previous "6"...

1. It is significantly bigger...duh! In hand, in pocket in general "presence"...it's much bigger. Biggest deal for me so far is that it feels, and looks significantly more bulky in the pocket of my dress slacks.

2. My hands are not tiny, but not massive for a guy...and although one handed usage is not impossible, it requires some, ummm "forethought" in a shift of holding the device to do all the things that came very naturally to me with the smaller phone. I'm beginning to miss the ease of easy one-handed use already, especially while (I know, I know...) driving.

3. The screen is amazing. The screen on my 6 was pretty dang good...but this one "pops" a little more. The pixel increase is the reason, and it is noticeable. I can see how the screen size and clarity would be of utmost importance to gamers & frequent video watchers. I am neither of those...but the screen is pretty amazing, nonetheless.

4. I'm beginning to question my priorities...and to be very honest, one-handed use & the portabiliy of the smaller 6s may be too much of a trade-off for me to stay with the 6s+ no matter what the improvements that are on the bigger phone.

This is what I am seeing after only a first night of use. Thankfully, I have 13 more days to make a decision. In the next few days I will be spending a lot of quality time with my new device, and will probably make a decision by the weekend.
    Blakew23 likes this.
    10-20-2015 10:16 AM
    Well...I got my 6s+ in the mail yesterday, and despite a few app restoration glitches ("restored" apps appearing grayed-out on the screen & showing active, when they were not)...I finally got it up and running to my satisfaction last night. Here are some thoughts as compared to my previous "6"...

1. It is significantly bigger...duh! In hand, in pocket in general "presence"...it's much bigger. Biggest deal for me so far is that it feels, and looks significantly more bulky in the pocket of my dress slacks.

2. My hands are not tiny, but not massive for a guy...and although one handed usage is not impossible, it requires some, ummm "forethought" in a shift of holding the device to do all the things that came very naturally to me with the smaller phone. I'm beginning to miss the ease of easy one-handed use already, especially while (I know, I know...) driving.

3. The screen is amazing. The screen on my 6 was pretty dang good...but this one "pops" a little more. The pixel increase is the reason, and it is noticeable. I can see how the screen size and clarity would be of utmost importance to gamers & frequent video watchers. I am neither of those...but the screen is pretty amazing, nonetheless.

4. I'm beginning to question my priorities...and to be very honest, one-handed use & the portabiliy of the smaller 6s may be too much of a trade-off for me to stay with the 6s+ no matter what the improvements that are on the bigger phone.

This is what I am seeing after only a first night of use. Thankfully, I have 13 more days to make a decision. In the next few days I will be spending a lot of quality time with my new device, and will probably make a decision by the weekend.
    Glad you got it! Give it a few days and see what you think. I personally couldn't get used to the size of the Plus for my needs. Everyone is different. You've got a return window so take advantage of it!
    10-20-2015 10:39 AM
    Glad you got it! Give it a few days and see what you think. I personally couldn't get used to the size of the Plus for my needs. Everyone is different. You've got a return window so take advantage of it!
    I will. I tend to have a real like-it-or-not opinion about devices pretty much from the get go. I've run through countless BlackBerrys, Android devices and what not in years past, simply because they didn't really "grab me" for one reason or another. But, I'm trying to excersize a bit of maturity now and will give this a few days to see if we bond a little more...
    eyecrispy likes this.
    10-20-2015 11:04 AM
    Wow, it's comforting to know there are others out there with the same struggles. I "want" to like the 6s Plus for my daily user and I do like it, but the portability of the 6s just cannot be overlooked. I love the battery life, screen, and OIS on the Plus. HOWEVER, I'm missing that snatch it out of my pocket, respond to a quick text, and slide it back into my pocket. It's a phone. A Phone. A PHONE! They're both good phones and the 6s Plus is certainly specced better, but I think I'm going to sell my 6s Plus if I can't get someone to trade me for it and go with the 6s.

Another thing to consider, we only have these phones for a year. These aren't lifelong commitments.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    10-20-2015 12:20 PM
    I had the Note 3 for a year and then went with the Moto X which was about the same size as the 6s. I liked the small form factor and the fact that it could actually fit in my pocket. In the end, I wound up returning the Moto X and went back to my Note 3. The one thing that I noticed was that when texting, I felt cramped. When looking at the screen, I caught myself squinting more often. When I watched Youtube videos or other videos in general, they looked small.

When it came time to move back to Apple, I was torn between the 6 and the 6 plus. When I stacked them on top of each other, the 6 plus was not that much wider or bigger so, i went with the 6 plus, My next phone will be the 6s plus. I won't go down the route of the 6 again. I find myself watching videos and playing video games on my phone a lot more than I realize and having that extra real estate is nice
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-20-2015 09:19 PM
    I wear slim fitting jeans all the time and the 6+ fits the pockets just fine. Back or front its really not a problem. Of course in the car I usually lay it up on the console or in the passenger seat if I'm alone. I really love it
    10-21-2015 08:27 AM
    Maybe we will get a bigger screen in a smaller handset with the iPhone 7 plus....
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-21-2015 11:12 AM
    I just received my regular 6s yesterday, and I'm also having trouble deciding. I have been using a Plus from last year, so I have kind of gotten used to the Plus size, but if I went to AT&T to exchange it for a 6s Plus, it will probably take a month or two to get one. They are so back ordered. So I don't know either. I have 13 days! lol
    10-21-2015 12:20 PM
    I'm on day-two with my 6s+...and I have to admit I'm getting a little more comfy with the size increase and the decrease in one-handed usability. It still feels heavy in the pocket of my slacks, but not so bad that it makes a big difference. I am seeing the benefits of the larger/clearer screen though, and I have to admit that even now, if I went back to the smaller 6s I might really miss the larger screen.

So...for today, I'm thinking it's a keeper. Tomorrow...?
    10-21-2015 04:03 PM
    I'm on day-two with my 6s+...and I have to admit I'm getting a little more comfy with the size increase and the decrease in one-handed usability. It still feels heavy in the pocket of my slacks, but not so bad that it makes a big difference. I am seeing the benefits of the larger/clearer screen though, and I have to admit that even now, if I went back to the smaller 6s I might really miss the larger screen.

So...for today, I'm thinking it's a keeper. Tomorrow...?
    Have you decided whether to put a case on it? I found that extremely thin plastic cases make the transition easier. If I had to put one of the Life Proof or Otterbox cases on the Plus, I would downsize to the 6S.

I am not sure how well a thin plastic case will do in the event of dropping my 6S Plus, but I cannot justify much more bulk before the phone is completely unusable one-handed-- and I have large hands.

Keep posting to let us know how you feel about the phone.

I got used to mine pretty quickly. However, when I pick up my HTC One M8 every couple of days, I am shocked at how much smaller and lighter that phone is and people widely regarded it is not being one handed friendly. I can only imagine what people think about the 6S Plus.
    10-21-2015 10:09 PM
    Have you decided whether to put a case on it? I found that extremely thin plastic cases make the transition easier. If I had to put one of the Life Proof or Otterbox cases on the Plus, I would downsize to the 6S.

I am not sure how well a thin plastic case will do in the event of dropping my 6S Plus, but I cannot justify much more bulk before the phone is completely unusable one-handed-- and I have large hands.

Keep posting to let us know how you feel about the phone.

I got used to mine pretty quickly. However, when I pick up my HTC One M8 every couple of days, I am shocked at how much smaller and lighter that phone is and people widely regarded it is not being one handed friendly. I can only imagine what people think about the 6S Plus.
    Yep. I'm using a black leather Apple case on the 6s+ & also installed a ZAGG Glass screen protector today...whether the screen really needs it or not. I loved the Apple case on my "6"...and the screen protector makes me feel better, and that's what matters. I've not found a case I like even as well as this one, and it really is surprisingly protective if/when the device is dropped from a normal height. I know from past experience.

So, I've invested another $75 or so into a device I might decide to opt out of...but I think subconsciously I may be personalizing it as a justification for keeping it, I don't know.

I am getting a bit more used to adjusting my grip to allow some one-handed use...but the iP6+ is NOT a device that is ever going to be as portable or that allows for the same effortless one handed operation as the 6s.
    10-21-2015 10:47 PM
    As much i like the 6s plus I think I am going to try see what I can get out of the 6s. It just feels much better for one handed use.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
    I m also agree with you...........my choice also same thinks.
    11-04-2015 02:25 AM
    I was thinking the same thing 3 weeks ago. I went for the 6s plus and the size, picture clarity, 3d touch and battery life etc.are a plus. You will get use to the size after handing it after a week. I am not planning on buying a case and its not hard to handle at all. Excellent for games, gps and my notes, calendar and work apps. I look back at my 6 screen size and say to myself Gee. haha
    Last edited by wickedvvayz; 11-04-2015 at 10:55 PM.
    11-04-2015 09:23 PM
    I was surprised how well the 6s Plus handled and fit my pockets. Even my jeans. And it has an Otterbox Commuter on it. No portability issue at all. I'm very happy I went with the Plus.
    wickedvvayz and ladyc0524 like this.
    11-04-2015 10:15 PM
    I had the 6. You will enjoy the 6S+. Awesome and solid. Go "Plus ".
    11-04-2015 10:21 PM
    I previously had an apple iPhone 5s 64gb. Cant wait to upgrade to a 128gb iPhone 6s plus rose gold....whoohoo. I read a lot of pdfs and do a lot of work on my phone. I will also be syncing my different pdfs app with my iPhone, iPad and macbook pro.
    11-06-2015 06:39 PM
    Coming on here isn't going to help you. As everyone has their own opinions and valid justifications. And then half switch over and some switch back. This is the new perpetual question. There is no right or wrong answer.
    nnahorski likes this.
    11-06-2015 07:37 PM
    Coming on here isn't going to help you. As everyone has their own opinions and valid justifications. And then half switch over and some switch back. This is the new perpetual question. There is no right or wrong answer.
    This.

I've switched from the 6S+ to the 6S to the 6S+ until finally settling on the 6S. I'm embarrassed for myself...
    11-06-2015 10:03 PM
    This.

I've switched from the 6S+ to the 6S to the 6S+ until finally settling on the 6S. I'm embarrassed for myself...
    Don't feel bad I did the same thing. I started with the 6s Plus, went to the 6s and realized it was just too small so I finally settled on the 6s Plus and I'm very happy. I even considered getting a Note 5 (for about a second) but decided not too. I've gotten used to the size of the Plus device and couldn't go smaller.
    blackmagicwoman likes this.
    11-06-2015 10:38 PM
77 1234