A buddy of mine had the iPhone 6 Plus and decided to go 6s this go around. He values mobility over the benefits of a larger screen and battery at this point. However, I'm waiting for his final assessment. (His experience with the smaller unit is still pretty fresh.)

Sent from my Galaxy Note5 using Tapatalk
    10-18-2015 02:17 AM
    I used the iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6 and now the iPhone 6s Plus. Both sizes are good, really. The difference isn't that noticeable for day to day usage IMHO. There's only one thing you can't do well on a regular size iPhone and that's eReading. That's why I went with the plus size. I love to read books on it.
    Sometimes I feel this way but then I love the screen size and battery life

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-18-2015 02:50 AM
    I never thought I'd like a big phone, but I adjusted in only two days. Now I can't feel comfortable using a smaller phone.
    10-18-2015 03:14 AM
    I never thought I'd like a big phone, but I adjusted in only two days. Now I can't feel comfortable using a smaller phone.
    I'm with you on this. Everything else is just "too small" lol

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-18-2015 03:15 AM
    Like the others said, once you are used to a bigger phone, it's hard to use a smaller one again. I went with the 6 Plus (not 6S Plus), and while it's hard to use at times, you'll get a better battery life and flexibility (either more things to fit onto a screen, or zoomed like a non-Plus).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-18-2015 05:54 AM
    This answer is not really going to help, but I have the 6S Plus right now. I absolutely love it. However, I truly wish I had BOTH a 6S and 6S Plus. Here's why:

On days where I am running around between my office and half a dozen courtrooms, all I do with my phone is text and email because I am too busy to do anything else. Since I am running around, the phone is not used nearly as much as I would use it on a slow day, so battery is a non issue and portability is paramount.

On days where I find myself with more time to text friends for the heck of it and watch YouTube videos and read iMore, Android Central, and Crackberry in addition to catching up on the news and listening to podcasts, I absolutely prefer the iPhone 6S Plus. The superior battery life and big screen are absolutely more suited for this type of usage pattern.

If only I could have both and not spend an arm and a leg...
    10-18-2015 08:38 AM
    This answer is not really going to help, but I have the 6S Plus right now. I absolutely love it. However, I truly wish I had BOTH a 6S and 6S Plus. Here's why:

On days where I am running around between my office and half a dozen courtrooms, all I do with my phone is text and email because I am too busy to do anything else. Since I am running around, the phone is not used nearly as much as I would use it on a slow day, so battery is a non issue and portability is paramount.

On days where I find myself with more time to text friends for the heck of it and watch YouTube videos and read iMore, Android Central, and Crackberry in addition to catching up on the news and listening to podcasts, I absolutely prefer the iPhone 6S Plus. The superior battery life and big screen are absolutely more suited for this type of usage pattern.

If only I could have both and not spend an arm and a leg...
    Very true! It all comes down to screen size vs. portability. I personally don't ever find myself thinking "I wish my phone were smaller" but I can see the value in having a smaller device for when you're on the go. My 6s Plus sits in a suit coat pocket for the majority of the day and I've yet to find a coat that won't accommodate it. I have gigantic hands, so holding my phone is pretty much a nonissue. My wife, on the other hand, has very small hands and absolutely hates my 6s Plus.

10-18-2015 09:02 AM
    Im much more concerned with portability & daily usability than any real increase in battery life or ease of video/gaming capability.

Mine should be in my hot little hands tomorrow, and I'm glad I have 14-days (wish I had 30) to either love my larger 6s+...or revert back to my familiar 6s sized device. My main question is how massive it will feel, and look in the pocket of the dress slacks I wear every day for the most part of my day, as well as how my smallish hands will cope with the size in daily one-handed operation. Frankly, when I switched from my 5s to the 6, there was an adjustment "curve" needed, and I almost felt the 6 was too big. But, I'm willing to give the 6s+ it's due, and I'm hoping that, like for so many who jumped on the 6+, that my concerns will be quickly allayed, and I'll be a happy phablet owner!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-18-2015 09:08 AM
    Im much more concerned with portability & daily usability than any real increase in battery life or ease of video/gaming capability.

Mine should be in my hot little hands tomorrow, and I'm glad I have 14-days (wish I had 30) to either love my larger 6s+...or revert back to my familiar 6s sized device. My main question is how massive it will feel, and look in the pocket of the dress slacks I wear every day for the most part of my day, as well as how my smallish hands will cope with the size in daily one-handed operation. Frankly, when I switched from my 5s to the 6, there was an adjustment "curve" needed, and I almost felt the 6 was too big. But, I'm willing to give the 6s+ it's due, and I'm hoping that, like for so many who jumped on the 6+, that my concerns will be quickly allayed, and I'll be a happy phablet owner!
    My advice is to give it at least a week. Take it out into the real world and see how it works for you. If you're still getting used to it at that point you probably never will be.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-18-2015 09:41 AM
    I find the size of the Plus just right. I wear suits weekly and the size does not bother me in the slightest. My of my colleagues and clients have phablets. I think that it's becoming the norm. I am using the Spigen Ultra Hybrid and the case does not print (outline in your pants) bad at all when wear dress slacks.
    10-18-2015 09:42 AM
    I've had a regular 6 since launch. I constantly wish it had a longer battery. It's gotten to the point where I've acquired a used 3GS cheap to offload my music and podcast listening to just to make sure I make it through the day. (Deleting the Facebook app has helped)

I've often wished Apple released an iPad Nano/iPod Touch Plus in a 5.5" size, both so I could try it out before buying a 7 Plus next year, and so I could have a device good for reading, as 4.7" still isn't quite there, but sometimes using my iPad Air for reading is a pain in the behind.

That being said, the times I've tried the Plus in stores I'm always struck by how unsecure it feels in my hand. I suppose I might get used to it eventually though.
    10-18-2015 10:07 AM
    I use iPad Air to read pdf and books all the time, what do you mean pain in the behind?
    10-18-2015 10:13 AM
    I use iPad Air to read pdf and books all the time, what do you mean pain in the behind?
    It's not very pocketable.

Plus I find it's just a big physically larger than I would prefer for a reading device. I mean, I use it, but I don't feel it's ideal. I've spent years with Sony Readers though, so I prefer that size.
    10-18-2015 10:17 AM

I was surprised at how well the 6s Plus fit my pockets, including my jeans. I thought it would be an issue, but it's really not been much different from my iPhone 5. Not that I notice. I can feel a difference getting in and out of the car. But that's it.
    Spencerdl and dfb8085 like this.
    10-18-2015 10:33 AM
    It's not very pocketable.

Plus I find it's just a big physically larger than I would prefer for a reading device. I mean, I use it, but I don't feel it's ideal. I've spent years with Sony Readers though, so I prefer that size.
    Welcome to iMore. Enjoy the site
    I decide to go with the larger screen and better battery life of the 6s Plus, and to be honest I view all smartphones as portable, now a desktop, laptop or tablet is something different....SMILE
    10-18-2015 11:17 AM

I wear a suit 5 days a week and suit pockets are usually larger than jeans these days. This should be a non issue for you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-18-2015 11:21 AM
    I was surprised at how well the 6s Plus fit my pockets, including my jeans. I thought it would be an issue, but it's really not been much different from my iPhone 5. Not that I notice. I can feel a difference getting in and out of the car. But that's it.
    Cant decide between 6s or 6s plus-imoreappimg_20151018_112251.jpg

As long as you get a thin case, you are good to go. I don't think I could use the 6S Plus with an otterbox. I also like to have neat cases, such as my case above.
    10-18-2015 11:24 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iMoreAppImg_20151018_112251.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	95339

As long as you get a thin case, you are good to go. I don't think I could use the 6S Plus with an otterbox. I also like to have neat cases, such as my case above.
    A 6s Plus in an Otterbox Defender must feel like a tank!

10-18-2015 11:28 AM
    A 6s Plus in an Otterbox Defender must feel like a tank!

I bet it does. I could probably bludgeon someone unconscious with a 6S Plus in an Otterbox Defender.
    10-18-2015 11:31 AM
    I guess that would make it a genuine Defender <GRIN>
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-18-2015 11:33 AM
    6s+: Bigger obviously (both good and bad depending how you see it). Killer battery life.

6s: Smoother operation in the UI because of smaller resolution. More portable.
    10-18-2015 11:36 AM
    I settled on the 6s Plus. The ONLY thing you sacrifice is portability. Depends on what your job is, but I'm sedentary most of the day. I sit at a desk so I'm not having to run around with a phone in my hand. If I were on the go more, I would want the 6s.
    10-18-2015 11:56 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iMoreAppImg_20151018_112251.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	95339

Mine is in the Otterbox Commuter. It's not much more than the Apple leather case. But I have put the Otterbox Defender case in my pocket and it wasn't too bad.
    10-18-2015 02:24 PM
    It's not a difficult decision in my opinion.

You should only go for the 6s if one-handed use is your thing or if you always carry your phone in your pocket. Its battery life is not terrible but you'll need to recharge it every day even with moderate use.

Personally, I prefer the iPhone 6s Plus because of the larger/higher resolution screen, extra battery life (with light use, it has lasted me up to 4 days) and optical image stabilization. You mention that because of its size, it "doesn't feel 100% comfortable." I would suggest you try it for a few days. When I got my 6 Plus, it felt really big. A year later, it feels "normal" now. I wouldn't go back to a smaller phone screen.
    10-18-2015 03:04 PM
    The battery on the 6s isn't "shocking". It's capable of a full day with moderate use. If you're a power user and you need the battery to last for extended periods then by all means go with the plus. As well as if you want a larger screen. I prefer the portability of the 6s. After years of Note devices and HTC One Max devices I grew to prefer a much more easily manageable size. I enjoy being able to easily grab my phone and work with one hand. It's not uncomfortable if I'm laying down and using my phone.

Just my two cents.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    10-18-2015 05:27 PM
77 1234