Anyone moved from Windows Phone/Mobile?

anon(6138968)

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone moved from Windows Phone/Mobile to using the iPhone 6S Plus?

I've been using Windows Phones for years, but I'm considering a switch to the iPhone 6S Plus and I'm interested if anyone else has done the same, and what problems they encountered, what they found better or worse etc.

Please though, I'm not looking for this thread to end up being a childish phone war, only constructive comments.

Thanks.

anon(6138968)

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks maverick786us, though I'm not sure how I missed that thread in the first place!

Have you actually made the switch now, or still deciding/waiting?

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks maverick786us, though I'm not sure how I missed that thread in the first place!

Have you actually made the switch now, or still deciding/waiting?

I have 100% made up my mind that I am going to switch. But haven't purchased an iPhone 6s plus, because of the budget constraint.

Do not go for anything less than 64 GB. Avoid 16 GB, version, so that you don't regret your purchase. I faced a similar issue when I purchased a 16 GB iPad Air, I was lucky, that I returned it and bought a 64 GB version

Last edited:

anon(6138968)

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking at the 64 GB model, and possibly AppleCare+, but I'm the same, budget constraints mean it might be this time next month before I'm ready to buy.

I hope the better quality apps will make up for the loss of live tiles :) although I'll still have those on my Surface Pro 3.

nufan947

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
This doesn't answer your question really, but I am also going to switch! I'm currently using a Lumia Icon, and I love the phone and the platform, but the app gap is real (as much as I wish it weren't). There are plenty of really great apps on WP, but I'm ready for a device and ecosystem that WILL get all the newest/best/trendiest apps when they drop. Plus, the reliability and security of iOS is a big plus.

Hoping to receive a 6s Plus (64GB) for Christmas!

Nikumba

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I am on a 925 and have a 6S+ 128Gb on order with Three, should get it in a day or three fingers crossed.

Will let you know how I get on

Kimbie

anon(6138968)

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
This doesn't answer your question really, but I am also going to switch! I'm currently using a Lumia Icon, and I love the phone and the platform, but the app gap is real (as much as I wish it weren't). There are plenty of really great apps on WP, but I'm ready for a device and ecosystem that WILL get all the newest/best/trendiest apps when they drop. Plus, the reliability and security of iOS is a big plus.

Hoping to receive a 6s Plus (64GB) for Christmas!

It's the app gap that is making me look at an iPhone too. I know developers will soon be able to port apps from iOS and Android to Windows Phone much easier, but it is still a case of when and if they actually do so.

I shall probably end up with a 6s Plus and see what happens in a year.

paulxxwall

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. Just made the switch from Windows phone to a 6s plus and love it! This phone is amazing and am about to compare cameras as I was using a lumina 1520.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73