Hey guys, currently an Android user just about to get my first iPhone. I've been wanting to do the iPhone Upgrade program so I've been checking multiple times a day and finally one of the stores in my area has a 64GB Silver 6s+ in stock to reserve so I jumped on it. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right phone here. I'm currently on AT&T and my current phone is a 2014 Moto X Pure edition which is unlocked because it was bought outright from Motorola, it comes with a T-Mobile sim and my previous phone a Lumia 1020 used a different size SIM so I just brought the Moto X in to AT&T to get a sim and get it put on their network.

Now to the questions about the new iPhone I reserved. There were no AT&T ones still, but what I did reserve is the new sim-free unlocked version that is now being sold (supposedly the same model as AT&T anyway). What I'm wondering is, I should be able to just pull the SIM out of my Moto X and put it in the iPhone and be set correct? The Moto also uses a nano sim. Or should I bring it in to the AT&T store and get a new SIM and have it turned on to their network like that?

Or, did I make a mistake and I should just wait for an AT&T specific reservation slot to open up?
    10-14-2015 04:52 PM
    Try your current Sim which shouldn't be a problem and your number will remain unchanged if your having issues you can always go to AT&T

There's also a great app you can download to make the transition go smooth its in the Google App Store
    10-14-2015 05:01 PM
    The sim unlocked model is actually the same model as the ATT one. You should be good to go. Now, I don't know much about sims, but depending on how long you've had your current sim, you may want to swap it out. Last year, when I got the 6, I had a few issues (but I can't remember what they were for the life of me). I just brough my phone to ATT, they swapped out the sim and everything was better.
    10-14-2015 05:54 PM
    The sim unlocked model is actually the same model as the ATT one. You should be good to go. Now, I don't know much about sims, but depending on how long you've had your current sim, you may want to swap it out. Last year, when I got the 6, I had a few issues (but I can't remember what they were for the life of me). I just brough my phone to ATT, they swapped out the sim and everything was better.
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I just got the sim in mid-Feb of this year so hopefully it's good to go.
    10-14-2015 06:10 PM
    Well, we got it figured out. Turns out, I had to get a new sim no matter what (which is apparently free). I wanted to do the iPhone Upgrade Program to purchase. Problem is that is normally a "buy it outright" device and apparently the person I talked to on the phone was incorrect about it being normally eligible on it's own for the program. There's apparently a workaround, activate a new carrier sim card along with it. Voila, new "sim free" version with an AT&T sim is now in my hands on the Upgrade Program. I'm now the proud owner of a 64GB Plus in silver, just in time for iTunes and the App Store to go down lol.
    eyecrispy and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-15-2015 01:59 AM
    Well, we got it figured out. Turns out, I had to get a new sim no matter what (which is apparently free). I wanted to do the iPhone Upgrade Program to purchase. Problem is that is normally a "buy it outright" device and apparently the person I talked to on the phone was incorrect about it being normally eligible on it's own for the program. There's apparently a workaround, activate a new carrier sim card along with it. Voila, new "sim free" version with an AT&T sim is now in my hands on the Upgrade Program. I'm now the proud owner of a 64GB Plus in silver, just in time for iTunes and the App Store to go down lol.
    Great to hear that it worked out for ya. Let us know your impressions of your new phone!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-15-2015 10:22 AM