Anyone drop their phone yet?

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I had a bad dream last night, I breaded that I dropped my iPhone 6s Plus and the screen shattered.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Definitely a nightmare! But I haven't dropped my 6s Plus... been extra careful with it. I do have a screen protector on it. But having a  Watch to handle notifications helps to not pull out the iPhone as much.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Definitely a nightmare! But I haven't dropped my 6s Plus... been extra careful with it. I do have a screen protector on it. But having a  Watch to handle notifications helps to not pull out the iPhone as much.

Yeah having a Apple Watch does help. Man I woke up scared as I don't know what lol

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh the irony here...

Tempered glass screen protectors are good at keeping your screen new, you know preventing those hairline scratches and nicks from heaven knows what. In this case of dropping they easily could cause the glass below which is supposed to be protected, to be damaged severely.

Tempered glass is quite strong however once one realizes the science behind of what causes the strength they will realize the Achilles heel of tempered panes is any point of impact along the edge can release this strengthening "pent up tension" in a sudden fanfare of brilliant spiderweb shapes sometimes resembling figures of Lichtenberg. Beautiful, but not something we want on glass that needs to be practically optically clear.

Since the glass is above the frame, pinching framework from corner or severe side impacts and bends don't cause this, say like experienced with the Note 5 and S6 Edge products. They can actually crack if brought inside from a cold vehicle to a warm house or vice versa! Ouch.

Best advice? Be careful. Ok advice from Capt. Obvious but it's not a perfect world and things happen. This is why repair shops flourish these days. And people gladly hand over money for abstracts such as Apple Care!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh the irony here...

Tempered glass screen protectors are good at keeping your screen new, you know preventing those hairline scratches and nicks from heaven knows what. In this case of dropping they easily could cause the glass below which is supposed to be protected, to be damaged severely.

Tempered glass is quite strong however once one realizes the science behind of what causes the strength they will realize the Achilles heel of tempered panes is any point of impact along the edge can release this strengthening "pent up tension" in a sudden fanfare of brilliant spiderweb shapes sometimes resembling figures of Lichtenberg. Beautiful, but not something we want on glass that needs to be practically optically clear.

Since the glass is above the frame, pinching framework from corner or severe side impacts and bends don't cause this, say like experienced with the Note 5 and S6 Edge products. They can actually crack if brought inside from a cold vehicle to a warm house or vice versa! Ouch.

Best advice? Be careful. Ok advice from Capt. Obvious but it's not a perfect world and things happen. This is why repair shops flourish these days. And people gladly hand over money for abstracts such as Apple Care!

Well said. And another argument against screen protectors. I think they provide more of a placebo effect than actual protection. That's just my opinion though. If they make the user feel more at ease, why not use one...

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a personal iPhone 6s which is like my child so not accidents yet, however I did take my work iPhone out of this SUPER protective case and dropped it, so back in the case it went felt awful!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox