I dropped mine the day after I got it face down onto the parking it at Target. Fell right out of my pocket. Phone was fine because it was in a case, but chipped the glass Zagg screen protector in two places. Love their lifetime warranty, went through four on my 6+!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    charmguru likes this.
    10-13-2015 11:01 PM
    I work at Home Depot! Don't worry you could have returned it with us, we return ANYTHING...
    LOL....I will keep that in mind....LOL
    10-14-2015 05:52 AM
    Happy to say, No drops. This is my baby and I will keep her close to me.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-14-2015 06:54 AM
    Happy to say, No drops. This is my baby and I will keep her close to me.

YET.....LOL
    10-14-2015 08:16 AM
    Wow still shattered with case and tempered glass! Sorry to hear that. How much did it cost to fix the screen?
    They said that the screens will cost $149 to replace once they are available. But (at least in my location) they have not received the parts to repair the screens yet so it just had to be replaced.
    charmguru likes this.
    10-14-2015 02:59 PM
    OMG!!!!!!!!! I would have been SO worried!!!!

I dropped mine in church on Sunday. Landed face down but I've got it in a Speck and that's got a nice raised lip around the screen, so no worries.
    Did it make that loud sound that makes everyone stop and turn to look at you? Been there done that lol.
    10-14-2015 03:18 PM
    YET.....LOL
    Might as well throw it on the ground and get it over with! Seems like the longer I go without dropping a phone, the more mad at myself I get when I finally do drop it.

Ive dropped mine a couple times now. Couple nicks in the Apple leather case, but nothing major.
    10-14-2015 03:22 PM
    Just happened to me yesterday at work. It dropped from a counter 5 feet high. I have Spigen hybrid metal case with no screen protector. I got so scared but my phone did not have any damage nor scratches on my screen. I was so relieve!
    charmguru likes this.
    10-14-2015 08:28 PM
    I would not just be concerned about the external appearance after a drop but also the possibility of damage on the inside. Maybe not damage you see right away but instead eventually over time.

A drop cannot be good for the internal components of a phone lol.
    10-14-2015 11:40 PM
    I'm lucky enough not to of dropped my baby.
    Don't think I ever will lol. To cautious.

Sent from my iPhone 6S plus in Rose Gold using Tapatalk
    charmguru likes this.
    10-14-2015 11:45 PM
    Ouch. What phone was it? I'm curious because the 6s and 6s Plus have held up so well in drop tests.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    Drop tests don't really mean much in my opinion. The two I've seen had the iPhone shattering quickly. They didn't hold up well in those at all.
    Bigeric23 likes this.
    10-15-2015 12:18 AM
    Seems like everyone in here has been saved by a case. I'd be interesting in hearing from the anti case crowd. Or I assume they haven't dropped their phones yet lol. I personally haven't. But I have mine in a case just in case.
    10-15-2015 12:23 AM
    Seems like everyone in here has been saved by a case. I'd be interesting in hearing from the anti case crowd. Or I assume they haven't dropped their phones yet lol. I personally haven't. But I have mine in a case just in case.
    Not me! Case and glass screen protector and still shattered. I do have my replacement in a case and screen protector this time around too though - they have helped many times in the past I'm sure - just not this time.
    10-15-2015 12:09 PM
    These stories make me really wanna get a case now. Wish my tech21 would hurry up & get here

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus  using Tapatalk
    Got mine at Best Buy the day I got my phone. Evo Elite case
    10-15-2015 02:32 PM
    I had a bad dream last night, I breaded that I dropped my iPhone 6s Plus and the screen shattered.

10-15-2015 04:21 PM
    I had a bad dream last night, I breaded that I dropped my iPhone 6s Plus and the screen shattered.

Definitely a nightmare! But I haven't dropped my 6s Plus... been extra careful with it. I do have a screen protector on it. But having a  Watch to handle notifications helps to not pull out the iPhone as much.
    10-15-2015 04:52 PM
    Definitely a nightmare! But I haven't dropped my 6s Plus... been extra careful with it. I do have a screen protector on it. But having a  Watch to handle notifications helps to not pull out the iPhone as much.
    Yeah having a Apple Watch does help. Man I woke up scared as I don't know what lol

10-15-2015 04:52 PM
    No.

Everybody turned around when I uttered more profanities than Sid Vicious while on a rant.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus
    Lmao!!!!!!
    10-16-2015 07:16 AM
    Don't those nightmares suck? Lol.
    10-16-2015 07:18 AM
    Oh the irony here...

Tempered glass screen protectors are good at keeping your screen new, you know preventing those hairline scratches and nicks from heaven knows what. In this case of dropping they easily could cause the glass below which is supposed to be protected, to be damaged severely.

Tempered glass is quite strong however once one realizes the science behind of what causes the strength they will realize the Achilles heel of tempered panes is any point of impact along the edge can release this strengthening "pent up tension" in a sudden fanfare of brilliant spiderweb shapes sometimes resembling figures of Lichtenberg. Beautiful, but not something we want on glass that needs to be practically optically clear.

Since the glass is above the frame, pinching framework from corner or severe side impacts and bends don't cause this, say like experienced with the Note 5 and S6 Edge products. They can actually crack if brought inside from a cold vehicle to a warm house or vice versa! Ouch.

Best advice? Be careful. Ok advice from Capt. Obvious but it's not a perfect world and things happen. This is why repair shops flourish these days. And people gladly hand over money for abstracts such as Apple Care!
    10-16-2015 08:53 AM
    Oh the irony here...

Tempered glass screen protectors are good at keeping your screen new, you know preventing those hairline scratches and nicks from heaven knows what. In this case of dropping they easily could cause the glass below which is supposed to be protected, to be damaged severely.

Tempered glass is quite strong however once one realizes the science behind of what causes the strength they will realize the Achilles heel of tempered panes is any point of impact along the edge can release this strengthening "pent up tension" in a sudden fanfare of brilliant spiderweb shapes sometimes resembling figures of Lichtenberg. Beautiful, but not something we want on glass that needs to be practically optically clear.

Since the glass is above the frame, pinching framework from corner or severe side impacts and bends don't cause this, say like experienced with the Note 5 and S6 Edge products. They can actually crack if brought inside from a cold vehicle to a warm house or vice versa! Ouch.

Best advice? Be careful. Ok advice from Capt. Obvious but it's not a perfect world and things happen. This is why repair shops flourish these days. And people gladly hand over money for abstracts such as Apple Care!
    Well said. And another argument against screen protectors. I think they provide more of a placebo effect than actual protection. That's just my opinion though. If they make the user feel more at ease, why not use one...

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    charmguru likes this.
    10-16-2015 09:09 AM
    I have a personal iPhone 6s which is like my child so not accidents yet, however I did take my work iPhone out of this SUPER protective case and dropped it, so back in the case it went felt awful!!!
    10-16-2015 09:50 AM
    Yes & it was a pretty serious drop, see my thread...

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6s-pl...protector.html
    charmguru likes this.
    10-17-2015 01:29 PM
    Haven't dropped it yet. Thank the maker!
    10-18-2015 12:02 PM
49 12