For those of you new to 6/ 6s Plus sized phone, what surprised you most?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The size, but it wasn't that much of a shocker as I had the iPhone 6 and Note 5 previously. I was mostly surprised and amazed by the battery life.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes. The battery life is pretty good. A lot better than my HTC One M9. I don't have any problems with working with pictures or computer. I have an HP desktop and an SP3 and it works pretty good with both. Apple's Windows apps could be a little better though; but that's a software issue and not an issue with the phone itself.

Microsoft's iOS apps are really nice. Better than the equivalent Apple offerings. OneDrive, Outlook, OneNote, etc., all work great.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I came from a Note 4 so the size didn't shock me. What has shocked me is the weight. It does feel like a brick in my hands compared to my family's S6 or Note 5. It isn't a small difference either it is a huge difference on how it feels. I am happily surprised at the battery life for sure. It lasts a lot longer than my Note 4 did but does take longer to charge. (I miss the 2.0 charging capabilities)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Note 4 so the size didn't shock me. What has shocked me is the weight. It does feel like a brick in my hands compared to my family's S6 or Note 5. It isn't a small difference either it is a huge difference on how it feels. I am happily surprised at the battery life for sure. It lasts a lot longer than my Note 4 did but does take longer to charge. (I miss the 2.0 charging capabilities)

When you say it feels like a brick compared to the S6 or Note 5, do you mean that it's heavier or that it has more of a solid feel to it? Overall, are you glad you made the switch?

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I should have elaborated on the "brick". Heavier! The iPhone feels great in my hand but the weight is definitely noticeable.

Am I glad I made the switch? yes. I am writing a post, its in draft right now, on my experience with iOS coming from many years of Android. Stay tuned for that! LOL

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I should have elaborated on the "brick". Heavier! The iPhone feels great in my hand but the weight is definitely noticeable.

Am I glad I made the switch? yes. I am writing a post, its in draft right now, on my experience with iOS coming from many years of Android. Stay tuned for that! LOL

Thank you for elaborating. I'll keep an eye out for your post!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

My son had his Note 5 here and I compared the weight. The 6s Plus weighs .74 oz. more, but I couldn't really tell a lot of difference. Not enough to call the 6s Plus a brick. It's only ? of an ounce difference.

staffman28

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a Note 4 I would have to say the battery life was a very pleasant surprise. I can go two days on one charge compared to my Notes 3/4 of a day. Also this being my first ever experience with iOS I am very surprised and happy with how easy it was to adapt. I only miss the ability to customize things with my favorite launcher Nova Prime and adding my own ringtones without hooking up to the computer.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
What surprises me the most is I came from a 5S to a 6S+ and immediately adjusted to the size of it. I'm petite (4-11) and I was mentally ready for a larger screen, as well as my eyes lol, but I did have concerns about the physics of it all. I can say...I wouldn't dream of going back to a 5S or a smaller sized screen like that unless I absolutely had to. I'm loving this beast of a phone and the rose gold is just stunning

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner