iPhone 6 metalic dock, what are you opinions?

r3id

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Is the official metal dock any good? Does the connector feel safe to keep using the phone?

Would you recommend it?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure it's a solid dock, but it's overpriced in my opinion given the other options that look almost identical, and probably function identically to it on the market, especially since it doesn't come with a lightning cable and wall adapter and has to use one you already use to function.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I bought one, only because I prefer OEM accessories if at all possible. I agree with whats been said above. Overpriced for what it is. If it came with a lightning cable and/or charger, 50 bucks might be about right.

That being said, it looks nice and it works as intended. I was iffy about the design, but the connector itself doesn't take seem to take much of the weight of the phone. The entire setup with the phone on it is oddly balanced. I probably wouldn't buy another one though.

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I got the Space Grey model of the metalic dock. I really like the look.

However I too was concerned that the only think holding the phone up is the lightning connector and no back support. I was at the Apple store picking up my iPhone 6s Plus Space Grey with Apple Care+. The sales informed me that these docks were designed mainly for the new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus in mind. The docks may also be used for the iPad Mini which is heavier so the iPhone 6s Plus should not have a problem.

I agreed because I wanted my setup to be all Apple approved. Meaning I don't want to use any third party accessories this year.

I am not using any case for my iPhone 6s Plus. Just a full screen iMos glass protector and the back is protected by a transparent 3M Carbon Fiber Skin to protect the phone for scratches. So my phone basically doesn't carry any extra weight.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the white one and it is fantastic. I don't know that I can justify the cost of purchasing another just for a color. The dock is solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The unsupported dock makes me nervous, especially with my kids around the house. That being said, I'm a sucker for Apple OEM accessories and interested in hearing some feedback from people who own it. An employee at the Apple Store told me that the lightning connector is quite solid and more than strong enough to support the phone.

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Some cheap third party docks claim that they support the new iPhone 6s phones but when you use it a message comes on the phone screen informing that the accessory is not supported but it still works fine. That message on the phone is annoying to see.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Some cheap third party docks claim that they support the new iPhone 6s phones but when you use it a message comes on the phone screen informing that the accessory is not supported but it still works fine. That message on the phone is annoying to see.

Make sure any accessory you purchase is MFi certified. Many cheap third party docks are not.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought one bit to be honest I keep forgetting to use it.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I bought a gold one to match my phone. I like the fact that the lightning cable plugs into the back and sits flat. I had a twelvesouth dock but found that they way the cable was threaded through, it chewed up the cord.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
0dea3a697673416b055088cb459bbbba.jpg

I have an Elago M2 stand that I use at my office that I'm quite fond of. It's sturdy and looks good. You have to plug the phone in separately (the Lightning connector isn't built into the stand) but it's nice because I can pick the phone up and use it without unplugging it.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

r3id

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
That is why for my iPhone 6s Plus I decided to only use original Apple accessories.

Bingo. Pricey or not...I always choose OEM stuff.

So...I'm hearing that the dock is sturdy enough to hold the iPhone 6s+ as well as the 6s, even with the increased height/weight of the 6s+?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR