Nothing much. The TSMC chip is slightly larger. So early reporting by some tech blogs and articles said it offered more battery life. It got blown way out of proportion. There's really not much difference. I seem to get better battery life with the Samsung chip than many with the TSMC chip. The Samsung chip is the more powerful chip. I think it boils down to what one does and how everything is set in Settings. This whole topic has been a bit ridiculous. I'm enjoying over 12 hours usage time with over 17 hours standby with the Samsung chip. I doubt I would trade for the TSMC chip phone even if I could. I'm happy with what I have.
    So the fact that the TSMC chip being slightly larger could contribute to the problem that someone brings up in this post: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6s-pl...een-issue.html

I just had to have my 6s plus swapped out that had the TSMC chip AND the dark spot at the bottom of the screen, my new 6s plus has a Samsung chip AND no dark spots anywhere at all.

I didnt know about the chips actually varying in size, thanks for the info.
    12-02-2015 08:27 PM
    So the fact that the TSMC chip being slightly larger could contribute to the problem that someone brings up in this post: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6s-pl...een-issue.html

I just had to have my 6s plus swapped out that had the TSMC chip AND the dark spot at the bottom of the screen, my new 6s plus has a Samsung chip AND no dark spots anywhere at all.

I didnt know about the chips actually varying in size, thanks for the info.
    Actually, not related at all. I've had 3 Samsung chipped phones, all with varying degrees of this symptom. My latest phone, a TSMC doesn't have the dark spot. And 1 out of the 3 Samsungs I had, the spot was barely noticeable.

I've seen a lot of variation, and no relation to the chip.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    12-02-2015 09:18 PM
    Those were Samsung phones with different dimensions, actually thinner. So you're comparing Apples (pun intended) to oranges. I didn't think I had the dark spot on the TSMC iPhone until I turned the brightness all the way up and put it on a blank white screen...
    12-02-2015 11:44 PM
    Those were Samsung phones with different dimensions, actually thinner. So you're comparing Apples (pun intended) to oranges. I didn't think I had the dark spot on the TSMC iPhone until I turned the brightness all the way up and put it on a blank white screen...
    I just tried that on my Samsung chip phone, and saw nothing but white. I don't think the dark spot thing is related to the chip. I've never seen the dark spot.
    12-03-2015 07:49 AM
    I just tried that on my Samsung chip phone, and saw nothing but white. I don't think the dark spot thing is related to the chip. I've never seen the dark spot.
    That's what I'm saying Samsung chipped phones may not have it since the chip is smaller. If you read the other thread they're saying the spot is a pressure point internally
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    12-03-2015 10:22 AM
    TSMC
    12-05-2015 09:32 AM
    Samsung unfortunately. But I don't let it bother me.
    12-05-2015 04:10 PM
    Samsung and it's actually been better than my TSMC one I had
    12-05-2015 05:09 PM
    TSMC on my 6s Plus.
    12-05-2015 08:28 PM
    TSMC on my 6S Plus. Battery life is much better than my old iPhone 6 (which was great anyway) but that's no surprise with the bigger battery.

I also have the dark spot on the screen, although I had to look very carefully on a white screen to find it, so I am not that bothered.
    12-06-2015 07:33 AM
    TSMC chip here. 64GB silver iPhone 6s purchased a bit over a week ago.

Not really seeing much battery difference ... May be there but I just use the phone without watching battery. I have access to charge it often if needed
    12-06-2015 08:34 AM
    After a week or so with my TSMC I'm really noticing absolutely no difference in battery life vs my Samsung. The Usage Times on both phones varied so greatly depending on how I was using my phone that's there's no way I could have measured any meaningful difference between the two.

When I unboxed this phone and discovered it was a TSMC, I admit I was excited that I'd hit the chip lottery. Lol. At the end of the day though, it's much to do about nothing.
    Last edited by Ticojpunk; 12-08-2015 at 09:04 AM.
    M_A and tekjunkie28 like this.
    12-06-2015 01:03 PM
    After a week or so with my TSMC I'm really noticing absolutely no difference in battery life vs my Samsung. The Usage Times varied so greatly on bother depending on how I was using my phone that's there's no way I could have measured any meaningful difference between the two.

When I unboxed this phone and discovered it was a TSMC, I admit I was excited that I'd hit the chip lottery. Lol. At the end of the day though, it's much to do about nothing.
    That's kind of how I was feeling in the post above yours... admittedly I was glad to have the TSMC chip since it means I wouldn't be watching the battery % like a hawk based on the reports, but I also don't see any real difference... though I never really paid much attention anyway. My usage varies so much there's no real baseline.
    12-08-2015 07:17 AM
    TSMC 6S Plus 128GB. Feels like I have a winner!
    12-09-2015 07:21 AM
    From what I can tell, it makes absolutely no difference which one you have. Your battery life is mostly dependent on your settings and what you do. I get 11+ hours usage time with the Samsung chip. Very happy with that. No heating issues.
    12-09-2015 09:01 AM
    Don't know and don't care! Haha..
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    12-10-2015 09:01 PM
    Samsung. I'm not going to let it bother me though. Amazing battery life, and loving every bit of my 6S+.
    12-19-2015 08:10 PM
    I've had both Samsung Chip 6S Plus and TSMC Chip 6S Plus and both have the same exact battery usage when I ran it down to 1%. So there's no difference in between the two chips that I had. My current one is a TSMC chip. I did returned my Samsung chip phone because of the dead pixel that I had on the phone and not the chip reason. I could care less what chip I had, but for a dead pixel, it's a big no no in my book.
    12-20-2015 11:46 AM
    I have the TSMC chip (N66mAP) on my 6s+. I just had my iPhone for two days and I still have to notice anything about the battery life or heating issues.
    03-16-2016 07:29 PM
    Who drug this old dog out?
    03-16-2016 07:59 PM
    Who drug this old dog out?
    Apparently the OP. Way back when.
    03-16-2016 08:15 PM
    I just had my phone swapped out as it took an accidental swim with me. I had a Samsung chip before and always thought bout it. Now I dont even want to find out what I have because I dont want it to bother me. But my phone seems to run cooler so I just tell myself that I have the TSMC chip.
    03-17-2016 01:27 AM
    But my phone seems to run cooler so I just tell myself that I have the TSMC chip.

and that my friends is how it's done!!
    03-17-2016 07:48 AM
    "Chipgate" which chip is in your phone? Samsung or TSMC?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1460053507.508492.jpg
    how about my 6s+ samsung ?
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    04-07-2016 02:25 PM
    hello?!!!
    04-08-2016 03:56 AM
219 ... 6789