I can't find the video on here now. Anyway I checked the app out more and it says mine is the N66AP. Which one is that?
    10-30-2015 09:53 PM
    I can't find the video on here now. Anyway I checked the app out more and it says mine is the N66AP. Which one is that?
    The N66AP chip is a Samsung chip. My advice: don't fret over it. Truthfully, you won't notice a difference.
    10-30-2015 10:06 PM
    You can't compare that way. I have the Samsung chip and get great battery life. The Samsung chip is the more powerful chip of the two. I don't see an issue.
    Here's my battery usage sheet from yesterday. I did have Facebook swiped out of multitasking. It was, indeed, draining my battery the day before. I only got about 9 hours usage then.
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...516104d5cf.jpg
    Either way it warms up by the earpiece under light usage, which is not normal. I get around 9-11 hours of usage.
    10-31-2015 02:28 AM
    So why would they put different chips in them? And why Samsung, that's their competitor? And what's the difference? My phone doesn't get hot at all ever. It doesn't even get warm at all. It's always cool. And the batter is fine I'm not a light user and it lasts me all day. And when I get home I still have enough to get me through till I go to bed
    10-31-2015 06:40 AM
    Battery
    10-31-2015 06:41 AM
    So why would they put different chips in them? And why Samsung, that's their competitor? And what's the difference? My phone doesn't get hot at all ever. It doesn't even get warm at all. It's always cool. And the batter is fine I'm not a light user and it lasts me all day. And when I get home I still have enough to get me through till I go to bed
    Apple has been using Samsung components in its devices for a very long time. I think they are slowly peeling away from Samsung but TSMC simply didn't have the resources necessary to meet Apple's demand this time around. TSMC has been going through some pretty severe financial difficulties which I'm sure contributed to Apple including Samsung-made chips.
    10-31-2015 06:50 AM
    Either way it warms up by the earpiece under light usage, which is not normal. I get around 9-11 hours of usage.
    I haven't noticed any warming that's not normal. It warms while charging and using at the same time. Or with battery intense apps. But all that's normal.
    10-31-2015 10:35 AM
    So what's the difference between the Samsung chip and the TSMC chip?
    11-01-2015 12:07 AM
    So what's the difference between the Samsung chip and the TSMC chip?
    Nothing much. The TSMC chip is slightly larger. So early reporting by some tech blogs and articles said it offered more battery life. It got blown way out of proportion. There's really not much difference. I seem to get better battery life with the Samsung chip than many with the TSMC chip. The Samsung chip is the more powerful chip. I think it boils down to what one does and how everything is set in Settings. This whole topic has been a bit ridiculous. I'm enjoying over 12 hours usage time with over 17 hours standby with the Samsung chip. I doubt I would trade for the TSMC chip phone even if I could. I'm happy with what I have.
    11-02-2015 07:09 AM
    Nothing much. The TSMC chip is slightly larger. So early reporting by some tech blogs and articles said it offered more battery life. It got blown way out of proportion. There's really not much difference. I seem to get better battery life with the Samsung chip than many with the TSMC chip. The Samsung chip is the more powerful chip. I think it boils down to what one does and how everything is set in Settings. This whole topic has been a bit ridiculous. I'm enjoying over 12 hours usage time with over 17 hours standby with the Samsung chip. I doubt I would trade for the TSMC chip phone even if I could. I'm happy with what I have.
    I have both chips in my iPhone and I find myself using the Sammy chip more and more each day....LOL
    Njshoregurl likes this.
    11-02-2015 07:37 AM
    How do you have both chips?
    11-02-2015 09:51 AM
    I have the Samsung and it does heat up. My partner has the TMSC and gets way better battery life than I do, under similar usage patterns. This is an issue.
    I have the sammy chip in my phone, my question is, would the problems (heating, battery life) be able to be fixed by software update?

Cheers..
    11-02-2015 10:15 AM
    How do you have both chips?
    I don't. I'm messing with my Ambassador friend Ledsteplin 🏽
    11-02-2015 01:33 PM
    Samsung chip
    Battery life is fine close to the six plus
    No drama fast phone
    I am still
    In window to return BUT not going to bother
    11-03-2015 06:08 PM
    That said I was bugging out when I first got this phone lol
    11-03-2015 06:09 PM
    I have TSMC chip and I leave home at 7AM with 100% battery. Come home at 4:30PM and still have 70% left. My phone also doesn't heat up. How's that for for battery life?
    11-03-2015 06:15 PM
    I have TSMC chip and I leave home at 7AM with 100% battery. Come home at 4:30PM and still have 70% left. My phone also doesn't heat up. How's that for for battery life?
    You're at work all day? You should have at least 70% left unless you don't work and are on your phone instead. What is your usage time at 4:30?
    11-03-2015 08:13 PM
    You're at work all day? You should have at least 70% left unless you don't work and are on your phone instead. What is your usage time at 4:30?
    I use my phone at work all the time. Checking emails, taking notes on Evernote, writing task on wunderlist app, read lots of tech news on flipboard and from time to time check Instagram and Facebook. Not to mention, I listen to podcast while driving to work.
    11-03-2015 10:58 PM
    People are still talking about this?
    11-04-2015 12:20 AM
    I use my phone at work all the time. Checking emails, taking notes on Evernote, writing task on wunderlist app, read lots of tech news on flipboard and from time to time check Instagram and Facebook. Not to mention, I listen to podcast while driving to work.
    That seems kind of high for 70% at 4:30 if you use your phone "a lot at work," cause I don't think I could get that kind of usage out of my phone and I probably use it less than you at this point in time. I couldn't do that on my 6 Plus, either. I'd probably be about 10-15% lower by that time with that kind of usage.

Do you use Low Power Mode a lot, or use your phone predominantly on WiFi at work? The latter is kind of important because WiFi skews perception of battery life. Using it on LTE is probably going to drain your phone twice as fast compared to even a mediocre WiFi connection.
    11-04-2015 02:05 AM
    That seems kind of high for 70% at 4:30 if you use your phone "a lot at work," cause I don't think I could get that kind of usage out of my phone and I probably use it less than you at this point in time. I couldn't do that on my 6 Plus, either. I'd probably be about 10-15% lower by that time with that kind of usage.

Do you use Low Power Mode a lot, or use your phone predominantly on WiFi at work? The latter is kind of important because WiFi skews perception of battery life. Using it on LTE is probably going to drain your phone twice as fast compared to even a mediocre WiFi connection.
    Nope, I just have my bluetooth off and always connected to wifi when at work. WiFi makes the big difference.
    11-04-2015 12:46 PM
    Nah.....I'm on my phone CONSTANTLY. and I'm consistently getting over 24 hrs on a full charge with around 9-14 hrs use. Samsung chip.

The variance in my case has to do with signal strength. When I've got good signal or WiFi I'm in the 14 hr range. When I'm out and about in the back of beyond it's in the 9 hr range.

Oh and I've got the Samsung chip.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus
    That's really good..How do you achieve that? Can you share your usage? I able to get long standby time but not on usage time
    11-06-2015 01:49 AM
    Nope, I just have my bluetooth off and always connected to wifi when at work. WiFi makes the big difference.
    That makes sense then. WiFi and BT being on all the time is a virtual non-issue. Doing most of your data transfer over WiFi instead of LTE is where the difference is. Cause this thing dies just as fast on LTE when in use as any other phone I've used.

The Standby times are amazing. The in-use times are average.
    11-08-2015 01:17 AM
    I have both chips in my iPhone and I find myself using the Sammy chip more and more each day....LOL
    Mind to share your battery usage?
    11-09-2015 01:48 AM
    Switched my SG iPhone 6s to a RG 6s on Friday and this one came with the TSMC chip. Needless to say, I'm a believer....battery life definitely went up. Phone also runs cooler, too.

"Chipgate" which chip is in your phone? Samsung or TSMC?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1447120570.605711.jpg
    LCW likes this.
    11-09-2015 08:56 PM
219 ... 45678 ...