Last day to return the 6s Plus

Blakew23

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Why did Apple ever have to give us a choice in phones? I miss the days when there was one phone. I'm kidding (sort of). I got the 6s Plus on day one and I do love the phone. I came from a 6 Plus to a 6 to a 6s Plus. While the screen, battery, and camera are better, I miss that one-handed use. I wish the features that make the 6s Plus a better phone on paper were implemented in the 6s as well.

I know I sound neurotic (haha) but I've gotten caught up in all the comparing, comparing, comparing that I'd failed to appreciate how marvelous both phones are and all the capabilities they have. You feel like you're in a lose-lose situation no matter which phone you pick to go with vs. a win-win. Anyone else wrestle with the choice that much? I love the 6s and it's portability and easier one-handed use, but the big screen, longer battery life, and sharper screen of the 6s Plus still begs to be considered.

Anyone struggling as much let me know. I appreciate all the input. Sorry for being annoying ahead of time.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Why did Apple ever have to give us a choice in phones? I miss the days when there was one phone. I'm kidding (sort of). I got the 6s Plus on day one and I do love the phone. I came from a 6 Plus to a 6 to a 6s Plus. While the screen, battery, and camera are better, I miss that one-handed use. I wish the features that make the 6s Plus a better phone on paper were implemented in the 6s as well.

I know I sound neurotic (haha) but I've gotten caught up in all the comparing, comparing, comparing that I'd failed to appreciate how marvelous both phones are and all the capabilities they have. You feel like you're in a lose-lose situation no matter which phone you pick to go with vs. a win-win. Anyone else wrestle with the choice that much? I love the 6s and it's portability and easier one-handed use, but the big screen, longer battery life, and sharper screen of the 6s Plus still begs to be considered.

Anyone struggling as much let me know. I appreciate all the input. Sorry for being annoying ahead of time.

I did that last year. Ordered the Plus. Sold it for a regular 6. Then preordered and used a 6S for a week. Returned it and am getting my 6S Plus on Monday. I love both sizes, but the battery life is what I need most from my device.

Sent from my  iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had both the 6 and 6+ last time around. I knew I would get tired of the lack of portability of the plus. I don't carry a purse and lady pockets can barely hold the 6. As soon as winter was over and I stopped wearing a jacket, I sold the plus. I did love the battery life and the beautiful screen, but other than that, it was really too big for my needs. I run nearly everyday and that thing is just too clunky to carry around during exercise. I stuck with the 6 and now 6s. Not saying I'll never go back to the plus, but I'm happy for now. I would've been wondering if I never tried. I did and now I know what works for me

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that struggles with what phone to use! I still have my 6 Plus from last year and it's still in pristine condition, works great. I thought I wanted the smaller size so I got a regular 6s in Sept. Used it for about a week and started missing my Plus again. The size of the Plus grew on me and I have gotten used to it. Plus using it either caseless or with a minimal bumper case is best for me. I have decided to return the 6s and keep my 6 Plus and use it for another year. I will most likely stay with the Plus devices now going forward.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The Plus has been much easier to get used to than I thought it'd be. And as long as I can type one handed I'm ok. The only drawback is that I'm using an old iPod Nano for working out. It's the only time I worry bout the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm one of those people that usually says to do whatever you want because I can't make the decision for you. Except in this case. Keep what you have and take the good with the bad.

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I had a 5 and ordered a 6 Plus on first pre-order day after Apple announced the them. I went to an AT&T store to look at one of the store models and thought "Whoa this thing is huge." After I received my 6 Plus and used it for a couple of days, I got used to the size. I don't think I could go back to anything smaller. I now have the 6s Plus and I'm happy as can be with it. Some of my friends and co-workers have the 6 or the 6s. I've had the chance to use or play with them and while they are great phones, the big, sharper screen and battery life of the 6 Plus is what I need and works best for me.

Aaron Starr

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I think about it at times. But then every time I go into the Apple store and hold a normal 6 I appreciate my 6sPlus even more. I can't see myself using a phone less than 5inchs after using phones even bigger than the 6 Plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
You guys have it easy in the US. In Hong Kong once you get a phone there is non return policy unless you bought it from the Apple Store.

I say get what was your first choice. You can never go wrong with the first choice. Moreover, think of the iPhone 6 S Plus as the flagship phone. It has better battery and better camera. Both a big plus for a phone user. You can't go wrong with it.

Just have to get used to using a bigger phone if you are not used to it. I have used many big Android phones before so the Plus is no big surprise to me.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Same thing last year, I returned the 6 plus for the 6, one hand use is a HUGE deal to me, and I couldn't do that with the plus, at least not comfortably, I didn't mind at all losing all other features from the plus, that's how important on handed use is for me

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not returning my Plus. I LOVE this device. It's the best iPhone Apple has ever put out *FOR ME.*
Last year I played it safe and got the iPhone 6 instead of the Plus and spent the whole year pining for a Plus. NOT THIS YEAR!!!! I'm so happy with my choice. But it was MY CHOICE. It won't be the perfect choice for everyone.

OP....ultimately it's your choice. To everything there is an adjustment.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not returning my "Samsung" Plus. Love this size. It suits my tired old eyes with great battery life to boot. Why would I even entertain the notion of returning it?

dk2b

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
So good to know I am not the only crazy one lol.
Last year I got the 6, returned for the 6 plus, 2 days later returned again for the 6. This year got the 6s, 10 days later returned for the 6s plus. I have had the 6s plus for 5 days now and I am pretty sure I will be sticking with it. At this point it is all about my failing vision. After using the 6s plus and then looking at the screen on the 6s, I find myself squinting too much.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not a chance, I will have my 6s Plus until I get the 7 Plus on release day...SMILE

Last edited by a moderator:

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Well I bit the bullet and ordered a 6s Plus. I went to my Apple Store to look at cases and I played around with the 6s Plus. Granted there isn't a lot of difference in the Plus from last year and the 6s Plus, but it was noticeably faster and the screen looked brighter. Plus I really liked the new rose gold color! So I ordered rose gold, 64GB...it says it won't ship out till late Nov sometime but it'll be worth the wait. That will be my Christmas present this year!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2