Anybody else having a problem actually GETTING a 6S+?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've read reports that point to limited supplies and/or supply not meeting the demand, but the same thing occurred with the Watch. Eventually, supply caught up with demand and people started getting their ordered product ahead of their expected shipping dates. Hopefully, the same will be true in your regard.

Lorenzo Franchitti

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I've read reports that point to limited supplies and/or supply not meeting the demand, but the same thing occurred with the Watch. Eventually, supply caught up with demand and people started getting their ordered product ahead of their expected shipping dates. Hopefully, the same will be true in your regard.

My Apple Watch earlier this year took a while to arrive, though I do remember that it arrived earlier than the estimated delivery date. My iPhone is still on "processing items" with "2-3 weeks" until it dispatches.

Lorenzo Franchitti

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I've had an order for a Space Gray 64gb 6s+ in with Verizon since September. First my estimated delivery date was October 12 then last week it was pushed back to October 26. Yesterday I stopped into my local Apple store and my local Best Buy. Employees at each store basically told me the same thing: that it was incredibly optimistic to think my phone was going to be delivered anywhere near the 26th of this month and that most likely it would be the middle of November at the earliest. I check every Apple store in my state (NJ) every morning and the phones are either gone almost instantly or they flat out don't have any available.

Worst of all, there's no one commenting on why it is this way. If it's just super high demand that's fine. If it's problem with the manufacturing process, I get that. I just wish someone would say something on the matter. Apple and Verizon are just frustratingly quiet.

Also, and this may sound stupid, I'm a little bit peeved hearing about launches in second wave countries when there so many people in first wave countries still waiting.

My local Apple Store wouldn't say much either. After having checked online a bunch of times we called them twice, on different days. Both times they told us that there was no stock, and they had "no idea" WHY there was no stock, and they also had "no idea" when any were being delivered to the store!

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I found mine at The Woodlands Store just north of Houston on I45.

Nice! Just sold my 6+ today can wait till they ship mine. They estimated the last week of October but I'll bet it is sooner. I will know when that 900+ bucks hits my amex...ouch!

Posted via my Nexus 6 with Marshmallow!

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
How much did you get for your old 6+? What color ands size also, just trying to get an idea of how much to sell mine for.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
How much did you get for your old 6+? What color ands size also, just trying to get an idea of how much to sell mine for.

I'm in Canada, but I got $950 for my 6+ that had AppleCare with it. It was a 64gb.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm in Canada, but I got $950 for my 6+ that had AppleCare with it. It was a 64gb.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Holy crap!!!! Know anyone else up there thats looking for one? I have the 128gb unlocked space gray like new in box, flawless with untouched accessories. Had apple leather case and iLoom tempered glass screen protector on it since day one. I'll sell it for 950$ !!!

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I had an initial ship date of 10/12 for my 6s Plus 64gb Silver as well that was pushed back to 10/19 initially and now shows no ship date at all. VW told me they are back ordered and will ship when they get them from apple. I'm also checking apple store stock each morning hoping I can find one. At this point I'd probably take any color I could find...

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've had my shipping date put off twice...but after calling Verizon this morning on an issue, the CS rep told me that I had a "guaranteed" shipping date of 6/19. They are claiming that a lack of sufficient inventory of product has caused the delays.

Fingers crossed. I hope I get my hands on my 6s+ within a week. :biggrin:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had my shipping date put off twice...but after calling Verizon this morning on an issue, the CS rep told me that I had a "guaranteed" shipping date of 6/19. They are claiming that a lack of sufficient inventory of product has caused the delays.

Fingers crossed. I hope I get my hands on my 6s+ within a week. :biggrin:

I wouldn't be to happy about 6/19 shipping date...LOL (I know it was a typo)

gurase

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I plan on exchanging my 6S for a 6S+ (sim-free, rose gold, 64GB). I keep just barely striking out for online reservations every morning. I live on the border in a tax-free state and stock is extremely limited for all models compared to other stores I've seen.

My 14 days is up 10/23, I already sold my 5S, and the 6S+ I ordered online (just in case) likely won't be here by then (3-4 weeks estimated delivery).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I tried the 8AM trick for 2 days and got lucky on the 2nd day. Reserved it at 8AM and got at 10AM (iPhone 6S+ Rose Gold 128GB Sim Free).

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't be to happy about 6/19 shipping date...LOL (I know it was a typo)

Whoops! :rotfl: Yeah...it was. Meant to say 10/19. It actually was scheduled for a 10/12 date...then VZW scooted me forward to the 10/19 "guaranteed" shipping date.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, I definitely learned to check stock multiple times throughout the day. 8am this morning nobody had anything at either of the 2 stores in my area for AT&T or sim-free. This afternoon they both have multiple colors and storage sizes in both including a 64GB silver that I've been trying to get for a couple weeks now. Guess who's got a reservation this evening :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Whoops! :rotfl: Yeah...it was. Meant to say 10/19. It actually was scheduled for a 10/12 date...then VZW scooted me forward to the 10/19 "guaranteed" shipping date.

Try the Apple App @8AM SHARP for availabilty for the closest Apple Store near you and keep trying everyday. This worked for me. I ordered my 128gb Space Gray 6s Plus @8:01AM and picked it up @1:00PM same day....On Oct 2 a week after launch day I had my iPhone 6s Plus in my hand.....Verizon also gave me that date...LOL

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
It took me a week to find my RG 6s Plus, I checked inventory for nearby stores every day at 8am and ~3pm. Store employees are usually blind to the incoming shipments, meaning they dont know what will be on he truck (could be all iPads, MacBooks, etc), but I was told the website refreshes inventory count at 8am. After 7 days of nothing I finally found a store that had ONE 6s+ left (2 hours away from me, so not too bad). It's crazy how high demand still is.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
It took me a week to find my RG 6s Plus, I checked inventory for nearby stores every day at 8am and ~3pm. Store employees are usually blind to the incoming shipments, meaning they dont know what will be on he truck (could be all iPads, MacBooks, etc), but I was told the website refreshes inventory count at 8am. After 7 days of nothing I finally found a store that had ONE 6s+ left (2 hours away from me, so not too bad). It's crazy how high demand still is.

I don't think it's just demand. I thought I'd read it's a supply issue, something about they had some problems making enough backlight units for the 6s+ and it's caused a shortage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox