About teh monies. If the other phone manufacturers can do it while offering phones at lower prices than Apple, Apple could as well.
    The other manufacturers aren't selling their devices in anywhere near the same frequency or capacity that Apple is...could Apple make the device cheaper at the 16GB level? Sure...could Apple still make a profit (albeit a smaller one) by making the entry level version 32GB's? Sure they could! But why would they? They decimate the market with sales numbers each and every year, including the sales of the 16GB model. Why would Apple take a record setting product which yields incredible amounts of profit for them while also holding such high satisfaction ratings with the end user...and make it less profitable for themselves?

I understand that as a consumer we will always want the most for our money, but you have to also use some common sense and logic when thinking about this stuff. If you don't like the pricing point Apple presents, buy another product...if you don't think a certain variant is a value to the consumer, don't purchase it...eventually if the consumer base follows your same ideas, changes will be made, but right now, as it sits, the 16GB model is still a legitimate option to a lot of people, and it still makes a lot of money for Apple, therefore it aint going anywhere for at least another year.
    10-09-2015 10:01 AM
    Because they can
    10-09-2015 10:26 AM
    It's not for me but there are people who get the iPhone and use it just as a phone. I've had plenty of older people (in their 70's and 80's) tell me that. The phone is simple and it works well for them. No random crashes, not hard to find the PHONE, and it's supported by Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, but when my mom, who is 67, initially got her iPhone, her intent was to only use it for calls. As she learned how to use more features, she started using it more and got to the point of filling it up rather quickly.

10-19-2015 02:29 PM
    I agree, but when my mom, who is 67, initially got her iPhone, her intent was to only use it for calls. As she learned how to use more features, she started using it more and got to the point of filling it up rather quickly.

She might fill up a 64 gb model quickly as well! Lol
    10-19-2015 04:30 PM
    She might fill up a 64 gb model quickly as well! Lol
    You are right! She is due for an upgrade this year and she may very well need a 128gb, lol!

10-19-2015 05:01 PM
    I feel pretty good about myself. I talked a coworker into refusing shipment on the 16gb and ordering a 64gb instead. 🏾🏾🏾
    10-27-2015 11:02 AM
    So you can purchase iCloud
    11-05-2015 05:35 PM
    So you can purchase iCloud
    Very true, but iCloud only does so much to free up local storage space. It's more of a backup than anything else.
    11-05-2015 05:44 PM
58 123