10-04-2015 10:50 PM
    Remember though, this is just a real world, logical comparison...on paper, the Galaxy Note 5 is the clear king with the extra RAM.
    10-04-2015 11:16 PM
    Remember though, this is just a real world, logical comparison...on paper, the Galaxy Note 5 is the clear king with the extra RAM.
    Because Apple has always relied on lots of RAM in its devices. LOL I'm sure the Note 5 has a faster clock speed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-04-2015 11:21 PM
    Because Apple has always relied on lots of RAM in its devices. LOL I'm sure the Note 5 has a faster clock speed too.

Damn Apple for figuring out how to efficiently use on board memory better than the competition.
    10-04-2015 11:29 PM
    I sold Apple computers for CompUSA about 16 years ago during my summer off from school. I was amazed at how these high end desktops could run faster than Windows PCs with half the memory, half the clock speed, and not even need a fan. That approach hasn't shifted. All about efficiency.

MisterMike808 and jnew619 like this.
    10-04-2015 11:36 PM
    The 6s plus decimates the note 5

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FFR; 10-05-2015 at 06:11 AM.
    MisterMike808 likes this.
    10-05-2015 01:24 AM
    Nice! I just hate these videos cause they're so boring and just tedious to watch.

The Lannisters send their regards
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-05-2015 04:29 AM
    I passed on the Note 5. While I loved my Note 4 when I got it, the Lollipop upgrade turned it into a laggy crashing mess.
    What Apple does to optimise their OS smokes any hardware that Samsung might throw at their devices.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus
    10-05-2015 05:22 AM
    Ram doesnt say anything. A decent os doesnt need alot of ram. Android phones needs a lot of ram otherwise it wont run smooth.
    MisterMike808 likes this.
    10-05-2015 05:25 AM
    6S probably smokes every other smart phone out there.
    10-05-2015 05:42 AM
    I wonder if network differences or conditions have any bearing on the results. For content that has to be loaded from remote servers, that could account for some of the differences, or if there was local network variability when the tests were run.
    10-05-2015 07:43 AM
    The difference in how the OS runs makes a bigger dent than the specs. Android is like a virtual desktop, iOS runs native. The framework is so different, it's like saying "That Apple tastes more like an Apple than that orange!"....

Well, no kidding!

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk.
    Wildo6882 and ultravisitor like this.
    10-05-2015 08:48 AM
    Ram doesnt say anything. A decent os doesnt need alot of ram. Android phones needs a lot of ram otherwise it wont run smooth.
    Android doesn't actually need a lot of RAM. Samsung phones need a lot of RAM because they're filled with so much garbage.
    gg22 likes this.
    10-05-2015 09:59 AM
    Damn Apple for figuring out how to efficiently use on board memory better than the competition.
    EXACTLY...This^^^
    10-05-2015 10:10 AM
    Yep. A lot of the RAM for Android is needed to efficiently run the Java VM and its garbage collection routines.
    Exactly this, coming from a Java developer.
    10-05-2015 10:23 AM
    Technically the 6S would have the same results, right? The two phones are identical processing and ram wise aren't they?
    10-05-2015 10:49 AM
    Nice! I just hate these videos cause they're so boring and just tedious to watch.

Seriously. I'd rather watch a bad Don Rickles roast.
    10-05-2015 03:40 PM
    I passed on the Note 5. While I loved my Note 4 when I got it, the Lollipop upgrade turned it into a laggy crashing mess.
    What Apple does to optimise their OS smokes any hardware that Samsung might throw at their devices.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus
    The note 4 update to lollipop made me ditch android and get the 6 plus, now on the 6splus. I lost about an hour of screen time with the battery and it was buggy and never as smooth as before. I did try the note 5 but apple and nexus are the only way to go for fast updates that bypass the carriers.
    10-05-2015 03:47 PM
    The note 4 update to lollipop made me ditch android and get the 6 plus, now on the 6splus. I lost about an hour of screen time with the battery and it was buggy and never as smooth as before. I did try the note 5 but apple and nexus are the only way to go for fast updates that bypass the carriers.
    Yeah the new Nexus 6P looks so sexy I'm so tempted to get it, ugh!

jdfry15 likes this.
    10-05-2015 04:09 PM
    I can't see how anyone using Android devices wouldn't do their best to bypass carriers. This post by Phil Nickinson applies very much to the idea.

Delays and abandonment threaten Motorola's comeback tale | Android Central

It's very inconvenient to have carriers essentially have the last word on final builds in software for device updates. When Apple builds a network and essentially makes carriers that less important everyone else will follow. I realize more and more how much less important carriers are. All they are is a pipe to give your device some data. Some are better than others. But in the grand scheme of things, they're not as important as they make themselves out to be.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    10-05-2015 04:16 PM
    Because usually those phones that bypass carriers lack camera quality or something else. It's always missing something. I'm quite tempted by the nexus 6p but it looks just terrible IMO.

*majority of iMore before 6s drops* We don't need more RAM! iPhone doesn't lag! Reloads don't bother me! Rabble Rabble! IPhone is perfect! Apple is perfect! How dare you for being critical!

*After 6s drops* OMG it's so fast! It's not reloading!

Hopefully iMore will take objective views instead of acting like Crackberry. Also hopefully I can figure out why my new 6s lags and stutters more than my Note 5.

gg22, Wildo6882 and offdahglass like this.
    10-05-2015 05:37 PM
    The problem isn't IMore it's the android central peepes that come here constantly bashing apple and praising android. Personally I could care less what someone I don't know thinks about anything.

If your phone lags then I would take it to an Apple Store because mine is fats rear than any other phone I've owned. And I've had a lot from Apple to BB to Android to Windows phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zerog46; 10-05-2015 at 06:03 PM.
    10-05-2015 05:45 PM
    Because usually those phones that bypass carriers lack camera quality or something else. It's always missing something. I'm quite tempted by the nexus 6p but it looks just terrible IMO.

*majority of iMore before 6s drops* We don't need more RAM! iPhone doesn't lag! Reloads don't bother me! Rabble Rabble! IPhone is perfect! Apple is perfect! How dare you for being critical!

Hopefully iMore will take objective views instead of acting like Crackberry. Also hopefully I can figure out why my new 6s lags and stutters more than my Note 5.

What applications are you running? How long have you had the device?
    Not every device will act exactly the same for every user. Not all devices will be perfect either as there can be manufacturing defects. As I've seen some have lag or freezing with a device, there are some who've had none. This is normal, everyone uses their devices differently. Some may have defective units, whether it be Apple, Samsung, Lumia, BlackBerry, etc.

My 6s was freezing up a little in the beginning. Turns out that it's a background, syncing, or indexing software issue. It resolved itself and went away within 24 hours. No problems since.

My Note 3 used to drop calls like flies with a swatter. Until I loaded a ROM. Then it was absolutely flawless. Again, probably software...

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-05-2015 07:26 PM

What OS are you on ? 9.1 solved any lag I had

10-05-2015 08:46 PM
    I had the Note 5. No doubt the best Note in performance. It was very smooth. The best Android experience I had for sure. Yes Samsung is very aggressive with Ram management. What's the point of having all that ram and Chrome is killed after opening like 4 apps after it. It was annoying. Yes it didn't take long to reload but you shouldn't have to. I didn't experience any lag whatsoever on my Note 5.

The 6S is a major improvement with 2GB of Ram. I can clearly see it after using the iPhone 6 for 7 months. It is night and day. I have absolutely no lag on my 6S Plus. I'm running 9.0.2 and it runs perfectly. It really goes to show you how efficient Apple is with software. I was always into the spec thing but man Apple alwsys has their head in the game. This phone purs like a kitten. Love it
    10-05-2015 08:56 PM
33 12