6s Plus with 2 GB RAM smokes Galaxy Note 5 with 4 GB RAM

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Remember though, this is just a real world, logical comparison...on paper, the Galaxy Note 5 is the clear king with the extra RAM.

Because Apple has always relied on lots of RAM in its devices. LOL I'm sure the Note 5 has a faster clock speed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I sold Apple computers for CompUSA about 16 years ago during my summer off from school. I was amazed at how these high end desktops could run faster than Windows PCs with half the memory, half the clock speed, and not even need a fan. That approach hasn't shifted. All about efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The 6s plus decimates the note 5

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Nice! I just hate these videos cause they're so boring and just tedious to watch.

The Lannisters send their regards

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I passed on the Note 5. While I loved my Note 4 when I got it, the Lollipop upgrade turned it into a laggy crashing mess.
What Apple does to optimise their OS smokes any hardware that Samsung might throw at their devices.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

W1ck3D86

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Ram doesnt say anything. A decent os doesnt need alot of ram. Android phones needs a lot of ram otherwise it wont run smooth.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if network differences or conditions have any bearing on the results. For content that has to be loaded from remote servers, that could account for some of the differences, or if there was local network variability when the tests were run.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The difference in how the OS runs makes a bigger dent than the specs. Android is like a virtual desktop, iOS runs native. The framework is so different, it's like saying "That Apple tastes more like an Apple than that orange!"....

Well, no kidding!

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Technically the 6S would have the same results, right? The two phones are identical processing and ram wise aren't they?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I passed on the Note 5. While I loved my Note 4 when I got it, the Lollipop upgrade turned it into a laggy crashing mess.
What Apple does to optimise their OS smokes any hardware that Samsung might throw at their devices.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

The note 4 update to lollipop made me ditch android and get the 6 plus, now on the 6splus. I lost about an hour of screen time with the battery and it was buggy and never as smooth as before. I did try the note 5 but apple and nexus are the only way to go for fast updates that bypass the carriers.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The note 4 update to lollipop made me ditch android and get the 6 plus, now on the 6splus. I lost about an hour of screen time with the battery and it was buggy and never as smooth as before. I did try the note 5 but apple and nexus are the only way to go for fast updates that bypass the carriers.

Yeah the new Nexus 6P looks so sexy I'm so tempted to get it, ugh!

The Lannisters send their regards

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I can't see how anyone using Android devices wouldn't do their best to bypass carriers. This post by Phil Nickinson applies very much to the idea.

Delays and abandonment threaten Motorola's comeback tale | Android Central

It's very inconvenient to have carriers essentially have the last word on final builds in software for device updates. When Apple builds a network and essentially makes carriers that less important everyone else will follow. I realize more and more how much less important carriers are. All they are is a pipe to give your device some data. Some are better than others. But in the grand scheme of things, they're not as important as they make themselves out to be.