anyone bought 16gb version?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you can't afford an extra $100 bucks you probably shouldn't be buying a new iPhone in the first place.
As far as storage space is concerned I'd much rather have more and never use it, than to need more and not have it ...

One gets what they can afford. Most who go with 16 gb do so for cost. Do you buy 10 lbs of ground beef if you only need 1 lb? In 2 years time, I won't come close to using 55.4 gb on this 64 gb phone. Why then should I fork out an extra $100? Just because? Lol you make no sense!

W1ck3D86

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see a 32 GB version, cause I'm scared 16gb won't be enough but then again 64gb will be to much.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Although I can afford the extra $100, why would I spend it on a 128GB iPhone when I'm not gonna come near using that space. I still have 28GB left on my 64.

Good thing we don't have to spend each other's money. Doesn't matter to me one way or another if someone doesn't want to spend the extra money, that they don't have, on something they don't need. Not my money, not my call.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I got a 16GB iPad and I regretted it almost instanteously. For me it was a mistake. Right now if I had my bare minimum with my most played music on my iPhone I would go to 9.9 GB. Add photos and I'm at 11GB. That's not comfortable for me. On my iPad I can't have music because just some of my movies take up the 16GB.
It doesn't work for how I like to use my devices.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
People who bought 16GB have their reasons but will not recommend it to my friends and family unless they are ok with clearing up their space constantly for a year or 2. True that there are many apps who can upload your photos and videos automatically to the cloud but when you reach to the point where you constantly checking your space and cleaning it up will make the $100 extra worth it.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I got a 16GB iPad and I regretted it almost instanteously. For me it was a mistake. Right now if I had my bare minimum with my most played music on my iPhone I would go to 9.9 GB. Add photos and I'm at 11GB. That's not comfortable for me. On my iPad I can't have music because just some of my movies take up the 16GB.
It doesn't work for how I like to use my devices.

I too regret my 16GB iPad Air. I will never make that mistake again...

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I also have a 16G iPad Air 2 and no problems. I must not be using it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iPad doesn't have that much problem having the 16GB compared to a phone because you don't carry that all the time to take pictures or videos. So, I guess iPad is not much of an issue with majority of people.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
My first iPhone was 16GB; not enough storage space for me. Since then I've never bought another 16GB phone.

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
16gb is okay for light users nowadays with new app and iOS requirements for more memory to store things. Anyone can argue that they did just fine with their old 16gb phone back on previous OS or with less features. 4K recording on the iPhone 6s is around 350mb/minute of recording.

I agree with @rudyalexc here. The fact of the existence of 16Gb for me personally is based on why do I need it. In my case I have the 16Gb version because that's more than enough as I don't use it for taking much of pictures or videos. I only use it for data access and I keep all my documents in the cloud, so there is no reason for me for getting something more than that. Should there be a 16 Gb version of the iPhone? Well, thats a relative question based on what I stated above.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
My first iPhone was 16GB; not enough storage space for me. Since then I've never bought another 16GB phone.

Same here! Just like other people who bought 64 or 128 last year, they can't imagine themselves downsizing. Once you go big, you'll never go back. This is true for majority of people that I know.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Same here! Just like other people who bought 64 or 128 last year, they can't imagine themselves downsizing. Once you go big, you'll never go back. This is true for majority of people that I know.

My first iPhone was a 32GB version, and I never used all of the space. That was $100 wasted that I'll never get back. My next iPhone was 16GB and it suits my storage needs well.

jayp4969

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
16GB here. Had a 64 6+, and quite frankly only used 7gigs roughly. I have a tb on my computer that I upload everything to, as well as Dropbox. For me it is a waste of $100 that I could spend on something useful like some underoo's or a new Velcro wallet.

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
16GB here. Had a 64 6+, and quite frankly only used 7gigs roughly. I have a tb on my computer that I upload everything to, as well as Dropbox. For me it is a waste of $100 that I could spend on something useful like some underoo's or a new Velcro wallet.

Initially, I was concerned, but like you said, I wouldn't be using the space.

I don't have many permanent apps though...

jayp4969

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Me either, I have probably 10 installed apps, none of which store tons on my phone. And everything else is backed up elsewhere. Live Photos seem pointless to me(I like still images or video), I have a couple but it's not a game changer by any means...

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend purchased the 16GB 6s in Rose Gold. It works for her because she's a n00b and doesn't use her phone for anything other than Instagram, messaging and phone calls. I did 64GB because I am l337 (and because I have a lot of music, apps and take plenty of videos)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal