anyone bought 16gb version?

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I did. All of my music, videos and pictures are in the cloud so I should be okay. I have every app that I use downloaded and I still have 6.5gb left. I don't take very many pictures either and almost no video, and as soon as I take pics I upload them to Google Photos, so I don't really need 64gb and definitely don't need 128gb. Last year I bought the 128 thinking that it would be nice not to worry about running out of space, but I always had at least 100gb of free storage and that was with my entire music library downloaded on my phone (I don't have much music). I don't really like playing games either. What I do with my phone is Internet banking, email, texting and some calling, watching YouTube, reading forums and web browsing, listening to podcasts and a little music (Spotify or Google music).

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't decided to get a 6s now or in a few months. When I do I will probably get a 16GB. I keep all of my photos on Dropbox, and don't have music on my devices. I use my device mostly for texting, email, internet browsing, phone calls and posting on a few forums.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't decided to get a 6s now or in a few months. When I do I will probably get a 16GB. I keep all of my photos on Dropbox, and don't have music on my devices. I use my device mostly for texting, email, internet browsing, phone calls and posting on a few forums.

Take a 4K video or a love photo you will fill up fast
16 to 64 is well worth the extra money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Take a 4K video or a love photo you will fill up fast
16 to 64 is well worth the extra money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not going to use 4K video because I'm pretty sure Google photos limits them to 1080p. Plus, there is nothing worse than sitting through someone's 10 minute video of their kid eating ice cream, so I usually take 10 to 15 second clips of video and make a movie with Google Assistant in the Google Photos app. Shooting 1080p @ 60fps in 10 second clips won't take up much space at all. These are my reasons.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded from an iPhone 5s with 16gb and it is night and day difference. I used to get storage anxiety because I would always fluctuate around 2-3gb left.

I am a power user and having a 64gb 6s is such a relief. If I would have restored my back-up on a 16gb 6s I would have had around 3-4gb left, so that's always good.

jdlnmia

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Anybody getting 16GB is deluding him/herself. It's not enough storage even BEFORE 4K videos.

Apple's ploy to increase then average revenue per unit is behind the reason why there is no 32GB option. By offering the "loss-leader" 16GB, the take rate on the 64GB is through the roof!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

DON"T DO IT....Get the 64gb and skip two fancy restaurant meals....You can thank me later.....SMILE

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anybody getting 16GB is deluding him/herself. It's not enough storage even BEFORE 4K videos.

Apple's ploy to increase then average revenue per unit is behind the reason why there is no 32GB option. By offering the "loss-leader" 16GB, the take rate on the 64GB is through the roof!

I wasn't "deluding" myself for the 2 years I had a 16 gb phone. I made do quite well. It was plenty of storage for me. After 2 years, I still had 2.8 gb available.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not everyone needs 64+ gigs. Why pay $100 or $200 more if you don't need to?

This true, however IMHO, 16gb is just not enough with what smartphones are capable of this day and age. Why limit yourself because of memory when a $100 over the life of the smartphone is a real bargain

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't "deluding" myself for the 2 years I had a 16 gb phone. I made do quite well. It was plenty of storage for me. After 2 years, I still had 2.8 gb available.

I too have always been fine with 16gb phones. I had a 8gb Nexus 4 for a while and was fine. When I got the 16gb Nexus 5 I thought to myself...what in the world am I going to do with all of this storage? My Nexus 6 has 32gb because they don't come in 16gb.

My wife and 2 daughters all have the 16gb iPhone 5c and I never hear the complaining about running out of storage. I am teaching them to use the cloud for photos and I also pay for Spotify.

After saying all that, I also agree with people that say Apple should make the 32gb their base model. Come on Apple, even Samsung does that now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This true, however IMHO, 16gb is just not enough with what smartphones are capable of this day and age. Why limit yourself because of memory when a $100 over the life of the smartphone is a real bargain

For you! Many can't afford that extra $100. And it's only for 1 or 2 years.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong with a 16gb, I just can't use it. Surprisingly there are a lot of people out there that want to experience or have an iPhone but just don't need that extra space. I have several family members who are those people. I have 18gb of music on my phone, but they only listen to Pandora or whatever. Hell even my granny has an iPhone 6. She doesn't use it for all its capabilities, but she has loved her iPhones for several years now.

I understand Apple wanting to tap into that market and I understand them wanting to make a better profit. Maybe their competitors will make all these phones with huge storage capacities and those people that want smartphones but don't need the storage will only have iPhone to buy. Could very well be a smart move.

There's definitely a market for 16gb iPhone users. You just may not be part of that market. There's nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711