anyone bought 16gb version?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I carry flash drive that are 32GB or up. Nothing smaller..... Same goes for the phone. 64GB or higher is a must.

Jay_B_II

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
All photos on Flickr autoupload, only stream music, rarely take videos and when I do they get uploaded to social media so no need to keep them. Sitting at 5.8 gb available and that's with some apps that I rarely even use. I've learned over the years how to manage with 16 gb and hell, if it becomes a problem, I'm on t-mobile's jump on demand so I'll just switch.

thecaringkind

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Again, I'm blown away by how quickly people ridicule folks for buying the 16GB model. How bout it saves the purchaser money and it might actually work for them? Storage is not a status symbol people. :cool:

GilBB

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Reading some of these replies you can truly see the wide spectrum of audiences using iPhones from your basic texter/emailer to your everyday person taking photos of their meals. I got the 64GB because 16GB to me is barely enough to hold my pictures, songs, and videos.

Eight Ball

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Over the past year my daily driver was an 8GB iPhone 5c. It was plenty for me because most of the apps I use don't need more than 100MB and many half that size. I don't think my free space ever dipped below a gig, and generally was more than 1.5 gig. I gave the phone to a younger family member and they are delighted with it and could care less about it being 8GB. If you upload stuff to the cloud and you're not a gamer or need to store media on your device, you really don't need much more than a few gig beyond the OS...... at least I didn't.

mretondo

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
My three kids 21, 25, 29 and my wife have 16GB 5S iPhones and have 2-3 GB available. I have a 32 GB version and have 15 GB available.

pgeorge2

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought the 16GB iphone 6 and wish I had got the 64GB one. I really have to watch my storage. When iOS 9 came out, I did a factory reset and also purchased the 50GB iCloud plan and have uploaded all my photos to the cloud. Keeping only optimized versions on the phone saves me a ton of space. I also need to be picky about what music I download on apple music so I don't run out of storage. After resetting the phone, I redownloaded only apps that I use on a constant basis. I need to manage my storage using these methods until I upgrade my phone sometime next year. I find 16GB woefully inadequate for my needs.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I got a 16GB 6+ last year because I could not get the 128 or even 64 anywhere.
Got it set up with my daily apps and had only 3.5GB available! That's with no pics, music, video, etc!
Fortunately a few days later I found a 128 at the Apple store and returned the 16 to AT&T. Cost me $35 restocking fee but that was a small price to pay for headaches down the road. Such as not having enough space for OS updates, etc.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Anybody getting 16GB is deluding him/herself. It's not enough storage even BEFORE 4K videos.

Apple's ploy to increase then average revenue per unit is behind the reason why there is no 32GB option. By offering the "loss-leader" 16GB, the take rate on the 64GB is through the roof!

This may well be true for many, but it is still far from a universal truth.

FlyHigh365

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have over 3,000+ songs on my iPhone so a 16Gig iPhone would be worthless to me. I don't see how people function with 16Gig iPhone anyway.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Again, I'm blown away by how quickly people ridicule folks for buying the 16GB model. How bout it saves the purchaser money and it might actually work for them? Storage is not a status symbol people. :cool:

I rarely see people ridiculing people for buying or owning the 16GB model...most of the time, they're clamoring on about how Apple is greedy because they still use the 16GB model as the entry variant instead of spending more money to make the entry model the 32GB version. Apparently these same people seem to think that Apple is a charity of sorts...instead of a normal business looking to profit off a heavily demanded product.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Why is everyone suddenly so fixated on 16GB devices?

If it works for you, good. If it doesn't, get higher storage.

Apple might be greedy but don't we know that already? They're a huge corporation, they are in it for the profit.

However, as long as people are voting with their money, that'll keep speaking volumes. Don't agree with the 16GB base model? Don't buy it. Put your money where your mouth is.

And I have a 16GB Air 2. For what I'm using it for, it is sufficient. Being adequate for your needs, that'll be all that is important.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why is everyone suddenly so fixated on 16GB devices?

If it works for you, good. If it doesn't, get higher storage.

Apple might be greedy but don't we know that already? They're a huge corporation, they are in it for the profit.

However, as long as people are voting with their money, that'll keep speaking volumes. Don't agree with the 16GB base model? Don't buy it. Put your money where your mouth is.

And I have a 16GB Air 2. For what I'm using it for, it is sufficient. Being adequate for your needs, that'll be all that is important.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk.

People like to stir the pot. There's not much to talk about regarding the new iPhone in terms of drama or failure, so people attempt to create a negative and this subject (as well as several others across the board) are grasping at straws, so to speak.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a 64B iPhone 6 Plus and it says I have Capacity of 55.4, and Available is 47.0. This is with my normal apps that I use daily, and photos and videos saved in iCloud. I am thinking that 16GB might be a good choice for me. I don't store music or tv shows or anything like that on my device. I have 47.0 available that I will never use.

thecaringkind

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Got my 16GB 6S Plus and you know what? WORKS GREAT with plenty of storage to spare. I am an active cloud user and I only use a handful of apps at any given time. Heck, I'm glad I saved that $100 for more memory. :yes:

ReVu30

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The past two iPhones (4s and 5s) that I bought were both 16gb and I always had at least 3gb (after 2 years) of storage left, but that was because I never let my phone store over 300 photos/videos before moving them elsewhere. When ordering this time, 16gb wasn't any option for me mainly because I know that I will probably be using the Live Photos and 4K video features a lot and would probably keep them on my phone to show others a little longer.

If you know that you will not be using those types of features often or not at all, then it would be wise to save the extra $100. Otherwise, using the extra $100 for more storage will be your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711