anyone bought 16gb version?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah....me and a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

That's fine for you and a lot of other people. But you're trying to tell people who say 16 gb works for them that they're making a mistake and should plop down another $100 for nothing.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My cousin just bought the 16GB 6+. She says she doesn't really use it other than to talk on it. I told her she should have just gotten a basic flip phone like her mother!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That's fine for you and a lot of other people. But you're trying to tell people who say 16 gb works for them that they're making a mistake and should plop down another $100 for nothing.

Nah, I'm not and can't tell people what to do, just a suggestion that makes sense in my eyes and a whole lot of other people. Apple has sold moe 64gb and 128gb than ever before. There is a reason for that.....guess why? May I ask why you got a 64gb instead of a 16gb?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Nah, I'm not and can't tell people what to do, just a suggestion that makes sense in my eyes and a whole lot of other people. Apple has sold moe 64gb and 128gb than ever before. There is a reason for that.....guess why?

I know, just funnin' with You!

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
16gb is okay for light users nowadays with new app and iOS requirements for more memory to store things. Anyone can argue that they did just fine with their old 16gb phone back on previous OS or with less features. 4K recording on the iPhone 6s is around 350mb/minute of recording.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
16gb is okay for light users nowadays with new app and iOS requirements for more memory to store things. Anyone can argue that they did just fine with their old 16gb phone back on previous OS or with less features. 4K recording on the iPhone 6s is around 350mb/minute of recording.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be keeping large videos on my phone anyway. There's Dropbox for that.

seankly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I had a 16gb iPhone for years and managed fine but had to watch what I was installing and delete what I wasn't using.

It became a habit to watch my space.

Now I have 128gb 6s but still feel the need to keep things tidy and delete stuff I don't need and watch what I install, back up photos etc!

At least I know the space is there if I need it 😂

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
DON"T DO IT....Get the 64gb and skip two fancy restaurant meals....You can thank me later.....SMILE

I know what you're saying, but I've always had 16gb iPhones and I've never had a problem with storage. Why spend the money if I don't need to.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Anybody getting 16GB is deluding him/herself. It's not enough storage even BEFORE 4K videos.

Apple's ploy to increase then average revenue per unit is behind the reason why there is no 32GB option. By offering the "loss-leader" 16GB, the take rate on the 64GB is through the roof!

I'm not "deluding" myself by having a 16gb phone. All of my iPhone's have been 16gig. It's all about how I use my device. I don't take videos or store music, and I use Dropbox to store my photos. I've had my 5s for a almost 2 years and I have 9.5 gb of space available. Price is not an issue, I just don't need a 64 or 128 gb device.

LewLew23

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
The Ambassador love <3

The reps at Verizon kept trying to talk my dad into buying a 64GB one and I told him that he can save $100 and use the 16GB just fine. They kept giving me the evil eye LOL

He only uses a few apps and barely takes pictures. Doesn't keep music on his phone and doesn't take videos at all. Pretty sure he still has well over 10GB free too, even with all the pictures I added onto it.

Though for my mom and I, I made sure we got the 64GB ones :p Her for her photos and me for my music and apps :)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The Ambassador love <3

The reps at Verizon kept trying to talk my dad into buying a 64GB one and I told him that he can save $100 and use the 16GB just fine. They kept giving me the evil eye LOL

He only uses a few apps and barely takes pictures. Doesn't keep music on his phone and doesn't take videos at all. Pretty sure he still has well over 10GB free too, even with all the pictures I added onto it.

Though for my mom and I, I made sure we got the 64GB ones :p Her for her photos and me for my music and apps :)

That sounds like my family!

LewLew23

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like my family!

I've had the 4S and 5S before this and I always got the smallest storage size. But both our iPads (She has the Air, I have the Mini 2) are 16GB and we ran out of space for once. Wasn't gonna let that happen with our phones too haha

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Last year, the 16gb was enough for me since I mainly stream. However, this has changed since I bought a dslr. I need to keep my pictures on my iPhone after I edit them on my MacBook and I was down to 200mb on my 16gb. So I got a 64gb 6+ and the difference is night and day for me- I even downloaded a bunch of games I will NEVER play. My case is an example of how getting a higher storage place CAN-not always- be a way of future proofing your purchase so in this sense I'd recommend the higher storage option. My mother on the other hand doesn't need that much space. She has pages of apps and still has about 5gb's left.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
For you! Many can't afford that extra $100. And it's only for 1 or 2 years.
If you can't afford an extra $100 bucks you probably shouldn't be buying a new iPhone in the first place.
As far as storage space is concerned I'd much rather have more and never use it, than to need more and not have it ...

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
DON"T DO IT....Get the 64gb and skip two fancy restaurant meals....You can thank me later.....SMILE
It doesn't even have to be a fancy restaurant anymore to spend that much. You can easily drop $50-$60 bucks at Applebee's on they're rotten food. I know people that have no problem dropping a $100 bucks at a bar on drinks, but act like spending an extra $100 bucks on a cellphone that they'll be using daily for the next 1-2 years is going to send them to the poorhouse ... :rolleyes:

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't even have to be a fancy restaurant anymore to spend that much. You can easily drop $50-$60 bucks at Applebee's on they're rotten food. I know people that have no problem dropping a $100 bucks at a bar on drinks, but act like spending an extra $100 bucks on a cellphone that they'll be using daily for the next 1-2 years is going to send them to the poorhouse ... :rolleyes:

Sounds like the type of person that spends $600+ on a high end smartphone than complains about spending $3 on an app!