6s Plus periodically losing BlueTooth and Wifi

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
3 people out of millions does not usually equate to a widespread software issue, in my opinion. You mentioned in a previous post, "I noticed in the logs that there are thousands of pairing requests per day from some "headset" when I'm at home. It appears a neighbor of mine has a headset in pairing mode." That could indeed be the problem. I think you also stated that you did not use Bluetooth a lot. If that's true, turn the Bluetooth feature off until you're ready to pair it with one of your Bluetooth products.

I understand 3 out of a million isn't a widespread issue, but it indicates a problem effecting more than one person.

As for turning off Bluetooth, since iOS so heavily used it for its own features (Beacons, Continuity, Handover, etc) that's not an ideal situation.

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Knock on wood, but my problem seems to have resolved itself. I'm not sure if it was an app update or the update to iOS 9.02?? I will keep paying attention to see if it happens again. I have noticed that BT acts a bit differently than it used to when I am connected. I spend quite a bit of time in the car. While in the car I am connected to the car BT, my Plantronics headset and my Apple watch. This wasn't an issue with my 6 Plus and iOS 8, but I find that it rings my car BT if I have a call waiting call come through, even though I am on my headset with another call. That's never happened before.

The reason I bring this up is because it indicates a change in the software coding for BT. I will keep an eye on this thread and report back with anything additional or any changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
So I went to the Apple Store and they ran a diagnostic and said everything was working fine. They also said that according to the diagnostic, I restored from backup. I most certainly did not restore from backup, which is why it took me nearly 8 hours to set everything back up again. The guy asked me if I plugged the phone into my computers after restoring as new. I said yes I did to sync apps and ring tones and he said that counts as restoring from backup and can restore corrupted data. WTF!!?? You can't ever plug into a computer after doing a restore?

They said they would do a swap, but had nothing in stock and told me to come back later.

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Now that makes no sense. Of course you should be able to connect to a computer. Well at least you will get a replacement once they get one in stock.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm really hoping it's a hardware issue, but it feels like a software one since toggling Bluetooth fixes it.

oblithe

May 25, 2014
Visit site
My mother has the 6s+ and her Bluetooth drops constantly in her car while making phone calls. (Her old 5 and my father's 6 work flawlessly on iOS 9.1)
I think the issue is more common that you'd think. I'm trying to figure out a common thread to fix the problem...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW