I do miss the stereo speakers on my M9. I also wish the Plus iPhones had split screen and pip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-08-2015 04:30 PM
    Hey let's start a list of all the things these geniuses have left out of iOS 9. How hard can it be to add these features?

1. A Scroll Bar (so sick and tired of swiping for an hour to get to the bottom of a page)
    Ugh . . . the iPhone and iPad "are" swiping devices.
    All phones are swiping devices but Apple is the only one without a scroll bar.

Windows phones don't have a scroll bar either. Just be glad you apple guys can tap to get back to the top of a page. Guess what us windows guys have to do.... (Swipey swipe)
    10-09-2015 08:50 AM
    Sandbox free developer mode. I would also consider an alternate SKU (the iDeveloper Phone) an acceptable compromise for people that don't want to have side loading on their phone.

This one feature would probably guarantee all of the software quirks about Android that I find endearing would make their way to iOS. If I could finally run my 90s Mac emulator on my iPad, I could throw away my MacBook.
    10-09-2015 11:14 AM
    Well if we can have our cake and eat it too...

A VM feature like parallels that would let me run Windows 10, Android, etc. Even Win XP or OSX, DOS, etc. With full functionality just as it does on my Mac.

Have to admit it would be pretty funny running Quickbooks on my iphone.

Doing it on ipad pro...hmmm now we're on to something.
    10-10-2015 05:37 PM
    So you basically want a Windows 10 Mobile phone...
    I am switching from Lumia 930 to iPhone 6s+
    10-13-2015 05:27 AM
    I'm coming from a Moto X, so I'd love to see:

1. Active Display/Glance, where you touch the phone or wave your hand over the screen, and it shows the time/unread notifications. After a week with my 6s Plus, I still wave my hand over it at least once a day trying to see the time.

2. Front Facing Stereo Speakers, I don't care if they are "boomsound", roll them in with the Beats brand for all I care, just put them on the front.
    2b, on the same note, I'd love if Apple would use a more serious DAC and amp for the headphone output. The sound quality is fine now, but it could be much better. With Apple making "premium" smartphones, it makes perfect sense, and makes even more sense when you consider they now own Beats.

3. Home screen widgets, I never used these extensively on Android but the one I really do miss is my calendar widget. It was really nice to be able to scroll through my day on the home screen. The one in the notification center is OK, but I can't find a way to make it open google calendar when I tap an appointment, so I still have to go back to the home screen and open my calendar app to make changes.

4. Battery lights, this simple little thing is one of my favorite parts of my Macbook pro. It makes more sense on a laptop, where you would otherwise have to open it to see remaning battery, but I'd love if there was a small button somewhere I could press that then lights up a string of LEDs showing remaining battery, without waking the phone. Better yet, on my Macbook pro, this works even when the laptop is shut down and completely off. The way they designed it on my macbook looks great, so I'm sure they could make it sleek on an iPhone. Put it where the speaker grill is now, and put stereo speakers on the front.

5. Ability to place icons anywhere on the screen, especially with the size of the 6s Plus, it'd be great if when a home screen isn't full, I could put the icons/folders where ever I want on the screen, rather than having them all at the top. Double tapping the home button brings them down, but since I only have half the screen full, why not just leave them on the bottom where I can reach them with my thumb all the time?
    10-14-2015 03:06 PM
    I'm coming from a Moto X, so I'd love to see:

1. Active Display/Glance, where you touch the phone or wave your hand over the screen, and it shows the time/unread notifications. After a week with my 6s Plus, I still wave my hand over it at least once a day trying to see the time.

2. Front Facing Stereo Speakers, I don't care if they are "boomsound", roll them in with the Beats brand for all I care, just put them on the front.
    2b, on the same note, I'd love if Apple would use a more serious DAC and amp for the headphone output. The sound quality is fine now, but it could be much better. With Apple making "premium" smartphones, it makes perfect sense, and makes even more sense when you consider they now own Beats.

3. Home screen widgets, I never used these extensively on Android but the one I really do miss is my calendar widget. It was really nice to be able to scroll through my day on the home screen. The one in the notification center is OK, but I can't find a way to make it open google calendar when I tap an appointment, so I still have to go back to the home screen and open my calendar app to make changes.

4. Battery lights, this simple little thing is one of my favorite parts of my Macbook pro. It makes more sense on a laptop, where you would otherwise have to open it to see remaning battery, but I'd love if there was a small button somewhere I could press that then lights up a string of LEDs showing remaining battery, without waking the phone. Better yet, on my Macbook pro, this works even when the laptop is shut down and completely off. The way they designed it on my macbook looks great, so I'm sure they could make it sleek on an iPhone. Put it where the speaker grill is now, and put stereo speakers on the front.

5. Ability to place icons anywhere on the screen, especially with the size of the 6s Plus, it'd be great if when a home screen isn't full, I could put the icons/folders where ever I want on the screen, rather than having them all at the top. Double tapping the home button brings them down, but since I only have half the screen full, why not just leave them on the bottom where I can reach them with my thumb all the time?
    #5 you mentioned is something I'd love to see. I don't mind not having an app drawer, but placing the icons within reach on the Plus would be awesome. Also depending on my wallpaper at the time I like to arrange the icons to not cover it.

10-14-2015 04:10 PM
    DUAL FRONT FACING STEREO SPEAKERS! Badly needed especially when you're already rocking substantial bezels top and bottom Also actual widgets. Apple has been way behind the curve on this one...

10-15-2015 08:08 PM
    DUAL FRONT FACING STEREO SPEAKERS! Badly needed especially when you're already rocking substantial bezels top and bottom Also actual widgets. Apple has been way behind the curve on this one...

I'll agree with you on ffs, but I really can't stand widgets. I've never seen a well implemented one.

10-15-2015 09:05 PM
    Widgets are awesome and very customizable. At least having the option would be good.

10-16-2015 08:30 AM
    Two way 3D touch in such a push on the sender side results in some sort of feedback to the receiving side.
    10-16-2015 08:55 AM
    Two way 3D touch in such a push on the sender side results in some sort of feedback to the receiving side.
    I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you are saying, but this sounds similar to "Push" or whatever it was called on Android. If you have your gallery app open on Android, you can touch your phone to someone else's, and the NFC could initiate a file transfer. That worked really well for sharing individual photos quickly btw Android devices.

Airdrop works very well for this, but it would be cool if we could initiate an Airdrop transfer by touching two iPhones together.
    10-16-2015 02:12 PM
    To be able to turn on low power mode from the control center
    jayk82 likes this.
    10-19-2015 09:28 PM
    Deleting default apps please!

10-20-2015 04:55 PM
    I know it's not an iOS 9 feature but how about expandable memory?
    10-20-2015 06:05 PM
    I know it's not an iOS 9 feature but how about expandable memory?
    That one is never gonna happen.

10-20-2015 06:06 PM
    To be able to turn on low power mode from the control center
    I imagine they'll add that in a future update. In my opinion, they should replace the airplane mode icon with it. Seeing as opening settings offers that mode straight away.
    jlgraham likes this.
    10-21-2015 12:43 AM
    -Smart dial
    -Dedicated # row on keyboard or at least let the 3rd party keyboard use it. Surprised seeing SwiftKey app not having this option.
    -Calendar widget.
    -Able to move app icons anywhere
    -dark theme messaging app (can save battery)
    -timed/cancel outgoing text. Textra app on android had this option. Can cancel a message even though you hit send already. Didn't send out typos as much.
    10-21-2015 07:11 PM
    Haha no I was referring to something like "punch someone through the screen" but perhaps not so dramatic.

The watch lets you send taps to another watch user so that is similar.

And yes widgets would be nice. Knocking/clicking, ex. three clicks = turn on torch, etc.
    Expand voice like hey siri into other phrases like "lights on" to activate torch, "I'm lost" for maps, you get the idea.

Dark themes won't make any difference on battery life until they use AMOLED displays. But a blacked out theme certainly would be easier on the eyes.
    10-24-2015 04:25 PM
    Let me delete default apps that I will never use.
    jayk82 and blwatson like this.
    10-24-2015 06:29 PM
    A face palm emoji would be nice.
    10-24-2015 06:30 PM
    A face palm emoji would be nice.
    I completely agree!!
    10-24-2015 07:25 PM
    It's been mentioned before but my top three would be:

1: Wireless Charging
    2: Micro SD Card Slot
    3: IR Blaster
    10-25-2015 05:17 PM
    I would love to change the tones on whatsapp and other messaging apps
    10-28-2015 06:37 PM
    Retorting to the "how hard can it be" comment in the first post, people tend to get caught on things they themselves prefer, and ignore the idea that the feature is probably not there because most of the consumer base doesn't really care about it at all. Just a thought...share away though...

I'd like a 5 icon dock, which has become one of the only reasons I ever jailbreak anymore.
    I would disagree with you, its that way because its the way Apple wants it. They do not take customer feedback or direction at all. Ive and team had nothing but criticism for the Moto Maker which in fact is a great thing it allows you to be what you wan to be.

That said I use ANY os at ANY time so its not a big deal to me.
    10-28-2015 09:47 PM
91 1234