Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
e70daf92461c7373c795505d5b732a95.jpg
fab7c3fe8a87fa432be3ce2c4111d9db.jpg

iOS 9.3

femme

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Best battery life I've ever had... Can't compare to other iPhones because I came from android. Blows my old note away.

Rishi Desai

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Wow..awsome..do u turn off location service (system) and also your background app refresh?

I have location services running if the app is open like (snapchat, iMessage, weather) but no location services running all the time. Also, background app refresh is turned off. I also don't close out of my applications that run in the background. Apparently closing them out hurts battery life more... Hope this helps

starsmoon8a

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have location services running if the app is open like (snapchat, iMessage, weather) but no location services running all the time. Also, background app refresh is turned off. I also don't close out of my applications that run in the background. Apparently closing them out hurts battery life more... Hope this helps

That's really helpful. How about Location Services > System Services?

By the way, are you on ios 9.1.3?

alan_d_dsilva

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Folks I've noticed in the last couple of days that my iPhone 6s Plus has been loosing battery charge faster with the screen on and keeping charge very well when screen locked.
I am now getting about 8 hours usage time and 32 hours standby time.

Has anyone else also observed this on their devices ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Folks I've noticed in the last couple of days that my iPhone 6s Plus has been loosing battery charge faster with the screen on and keeping charge very well when screen locked.
I am now getting about 8 hours usage time and 32 hours standby time.

Has anyone else also observed this on their devices ?

How old is your 6s Plus? I'm a very heavy user. I got my 6s Plus on September 25th. I normally run my phone from 5 am until midnight. I was getting 11 to 12 hours usage in October. Now it's down to 8? to 9 hours or so. I'll barely make it to my next upgrade. LOL
But I don't worry about battery. Keep in mind the 3 biggest battery eaters are screen brightness, push notifications, and location services. Some specific things would include videos, streaming, and intensive games.

alan_d_dsilva

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had it since October 2015 and yes I suspect it's either the screen brightness or my mobile network coverage. Though both those variables ideally shouldn't have changed over time since I've had the phone last year.

That leads me to think is it some rogue app. This is my usage pattern in the last few hours since full charge

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm absolutely loving it! Much better than my first child, the Note 5. I use my iphone 6s Plus (personal phone) for all my surfing, and the note 5 (work line) for all my work related stuff.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73