How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

Zendroid1

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I've had 2 6S Plus iPhones and one definitely had better battery life than the other but both get me through a day just fine. The first one I'd have 50%+ at the end of a day this one about 40%. I won't get into the chip makers on each. :)

femme

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Note 4, battery life is amazing. My note died every day around 3. My 6s+ still has 20% when I go to bed.

tda7

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
My max :)
QSW2hdN.jpg

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
This is the best battery life I have ever gotten on my 128GB 6S+. About three of those hours were listening to music in my car because I forgot my iPod Classic at home.

IMG_9907.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is the best battery life I have ever gotten on my 128GB 6S+. About three of those hours were listening to music in my car because I forgot my iPod Classic at home.

View attachment 102187

How old is this phone? You obviously don't use it much daily. I got my 6s Plus September 25th and have used it almost non stop from 5:30 am to midnight every day since. So I'm down to between 8? to 10 hours usage per charge. I'm a heavy user with all I do too.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
How old is this phone? You obviously don't use it much daily. I got my 6s Plus September 25th and have used it almost non stop from 5:30 am to midnight every day since. So I'm down to between 8? to 10 hours usage per charge. I'm a heavy user with all I do too.

I bought it in December along with a 6S. I also use a Note 5 and a Note Edge.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow.. So if i understood correctly you carry and use 4 phones at the same time?

I have four activated through T-Mobile but I don't carry all four with me. I mostly just use them at home and take one with me. Lately I've been using the Note 5 as my main phone since I just got last Thursday.

I only give out one of the numbers and no one knows the other three.

thoughthalo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have four activated through T-Mobile but I don't carry all four with me. I mostly just use them at home and take one with me. Lately I've been using the Note 5 as my main phone since I just got last Thursday.

I only give out one of the numbers and no one knows the other three.

Makes sense.. I thought i was the odd on out owning and carrying the 6s plus and the 6s at the same time. You have got me motivated in keeping my options open for adding additional lines :nerd:

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Makes sense.. I thought i was the odd on out owning and carrying the 6s plus and the 6s at the same time. You have got me motivated in keeping my options open for adding additional lines :nerd:

I've had the four lines 10GB data on each for $120 since September. That's only $20 more then when I was paying $100 for two unlimited lines. I still have more data then I can ever use and I can still have four phones activated and take any phone with me without having to swap sims.

I'm just having fun with those lines now and I'm sure eventually I'll probably cut it back to two again.

thoughthalo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had the four lines 10GB data on each for $120 since September. That's only $20 more then when I was paying $100 for two unlimited lines. I still have more data then I can ever use and I can still have four phones activated and take any phone with me without having to swap sims.

I'm just having fun with those lines now and I'm sure eventually I'll probably cut it back to two again.

Ok, got ya. But you would also be paying the instalment plans for the phones if not bought outright? Hey, if that is your passion all the power to you. Can't blame you for that, i end up doing a similar thing with my tablets and phones.

sukesh123

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1455264036.870808.jpg

sorry posting again as the first one was not clear. Is the battery performance standard as per your usage. I am not sure as I am a first time iPhone user.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Im coming to my wits end. I'm only getting 4-6 hrs on my 6s+ . I have pretty much everything known to drain battery life disabled. And I'm a heavy user, sigh.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Im coming to my wits end. I'm only getting 4-6 hrs on my 6s+ . I have pretty much everything known to drain battery life disabled. And I'm a heavy user, sigh.

Run this test on your battery. It's one the Genius Bar uses. If the battery is ok, then it's either a rogue app or something in your settings. Keep your brightness down as low as possible. I keep mine around 30%.
The test:
Battery test
Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute. If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It could actually be a battery issue. Take it into an Apple Store or contact Apple Support. You should be covered.

Run this test on your battery. It's one the Genius Bar uses. If the battery is ok, then it's either a rogue app or something in your settings. Keep your brightness down as low as possible. I keep mine around 30%.
The test:
Battery test
Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute. If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Seems to be a battery issue, blah

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
So, here is my battery experience from this weekend.

My daughter and I went camping with our AHG Troop on the North Shore, Oahu. After arriving at our camp site at around 5:15 PM, I unplugged my phone from the charger it was at 100%. I didn't plug it into a charger again until around 10PM the following night. When I finally plugged it in, it was at 15%. Granted there were a few hours of no usage, being that we were boogie boarding and I don't have a waterproof case for it, and I wanted to use my GoPro instead. I did take a couple of videos and several photos and uploaded several to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. I also, when I had a bit of down time, played a couple games.

To put it in a nutshell, I went almost 29 hours on one charge and even then, I still had 15% left. That was with moderate, what I would call "normal" usage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR