How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been horrible. I've watched it jump down percentages several times now. I think it's this beta

I had to be the beta because I've been seeing some of the best battery life on this thing since I updated.

1f35ea3ef055e2963aee1fc13657e39f.jpg

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Rhapsody - Streaming Music
Safari - For Facebook, mostly
Instagram - Self explanatory

Those are my top three used.

Here is my battery life without low power mode turned on at all. I'd say another hour before I have to charge.

View attachment 99786

That's what I was getting on my first full power-cycle (on a single charge of course), but I had about 65hrs of standby. My most recent was 7hrs45mins usage and 64hrs standby at 19% of battery remaining. Is that at all any good (I know the first one was) ?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My 6s Plus has the BEST battery life of any previous cell phone/smartphone that I've owned....PERIOD.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
It's just as good as my 6+ was and that was a beast. 10 hours of usage and well over a day of standby time. If I use my phone moderately I can get two days of usage.

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
My 6S Plus 128GB is a little over a week old. During my 1st power-cycle (ran it down to 0 after fully charging) I got 11hrs,20mins usage and 65hrs,24mins standby (on a single-charge of course, device wasn't plugged in during that time span). My most recent was 7hrs,45mins usage and 64hrs standby (single-charge, device wasn't plugged in during that time span) with 19% of battery remaining. (Please note that I have bkg app refresh off, location services off, animations/transparency/eye-candy off, brightness varies and manually controlled). Most used apps are Overcast, Instagram, Safari, Tweetbot3, Settings, Calculator, Notes.

Is that any good (referring to the 2nd bit of stats)? Is that what's to be expected given all the info I provided??

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I think it drains fast I had a ZTE Z987 and that battery outlasted this phone I also remember that my iPhone 5s lasted me longer

I been using android over a year and it feels weird coming back but I feel the iPhone 6S plus 128 I received is either defective or there are some bugs between signal losses weird issues with screens getting locked and battery draining fast I hope it's a software issue and it gets fixed quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting similar issues with the device locking up from time to time when waking the device and unlocking with TouchID. I too have a 6S Plus 128GB model. In my first power-cycle I got about 11hours usage and 64hours standby on a single charge. Lately I've been getting about 8.5-9hours usage and 42hours standby on a single charge. Maybe I'm wondering whether draining it to 0 was a good or bad idea. Needless to say I won't be doing it again, thought a calibration might be good. But I hope the lockups go away because it's getting to me. My device is 2 weeks old and running iOS 9.2 (iTunes update not OTA) and no iCloud or app refresh backgrounding gapping, no animations either.

Anyone else experiencing this? Also is my battery usage any good?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting similar issues with the device locking up from time to time when waking the device and unlocking with TouchID. I too have a 6S Plus 128GB model. In my first power-cycle I got about 11hours usage and 64hours standby on a single charge. Lately I've been getting about 8.5-9hours usage and 42hours standby on a single charge. Maybe I'm wondering whether draining it to 0 was a good or bad idea. Needless to say I won't be doing it again, thought a calibration might be good. But I hope the lockups go away because it's getting to me. My device is 2 weeks old and running iOS 9.2 (iTunes update not OTA) and no iCloud or app refresh backgrounding gapping, no animations either.

Anyone else experiencing this? Also is my battery usage any good?

Calibrating has no affect on the battery itself. It's about the % indicator in the status bar playing well with the battery. I haven't experienced the lock ups with my 6s Plus. No battery issues that I can tell. But I haven't checked it in a while.

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Calibrating has no affect on the battery itself. It's about the % indicator in the status bar playing well with the battery. I haven't experienced the lock ups with my 6s Plus. No battery issues that I can tell. But I haven't checked it in a while.

I realise that, however I only did a full power-cycle to ensure proper calibration, only performed one power-cycle as the phone is only about 3 weeks old. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I'm now getting about 8.5-9hrs usage and 40-48hrs standby on a single charge. Is that any good? Average? Less than average?

As I'm writing this I'm at 60% battery 4h02mins usage, 29h24mins standby on a single charge. Are these stats any good in your opinion? What do you think? Cheers.

LxiMax

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Not too thrilled with mine yet. Coming from a regular 6, I was expecting better. I have two full charges on it, no initial full discharge. And since I can not post links yet, I only have 4:30 hours usage with 34:00 standby with 30% remaining. No major battery users.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
How do I check my battery usage history?

I want to check usage stats from yesterday and compare them to today's. Yesterday I had approx. 37 or 38% before I finally put my phone on the charger; approx. 14 or 15 hours of usage off the charger. Which is not to shabby. That is generally within my normal range.

Today I''m at 62% and it's been about 15 hours without it being charged. I don't think I did anything different and I am curious.

I got the 9.2.1 update yesterday afternoon/evening and I wanted to compare data from 9.2 and 9.2.1. It seems that some of those fixes included tweaking the OS to get better battery life.

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
How do I check my battery usage history?

I want to check usage stats from yesterday and compare them to today's. Yesterday I had approx. 37 or 38% before I finally put my phone on the charger; approx. 14 or 15 hours of usage off the charger. Which is not to shabby. That is generally within my normal range.

Today I''m at 62% and it's been about 15 hours without it being charged. I don't think I did anything different and I am curious.

I got the 9.2.1 update yesterday afternoon/evening and I wanted to compare data from 9.2 and 9.2.1. It seems that some of those fixes included tweaking the OS to get better battery life.

iOS won't display a day-by-day comparison. It'll show you the last 24hrs and 7days.

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
iMoreAppImg_20160126_222438.jpg
Quite pleased with mine these last few days. Single-charge, never plugged in during that timespan.

Most used apps: Overcast, Safari, Tweetbot 3 and Instagram.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice