How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks alot...:) Mind to update just once more by the end of the day?

6S Plus on full brightness...I forgot to put the brightness on Auto when I changed it earlier. That makes a big difference.

b034454d44f61b2787e816a7aa95c751.jpg

b392933d5c2fab4ef08b8cbe6cb86eb2.jpg

starsmoon8a

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Connected to Wifi or LTE most of the time? I see your location services and system services are always enabled?

Mostly wifi today but I should have disabled it and used LTE. Wifi is terrible at the office I was in today.

edit: I always keep location on. I travel 98% of the time so it's beneficial for me.

Nickkk101

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
please excuse my ignorance here but i'm very new to ios, and indeed my 6sPlus- perhaps answers here to this point may help new users who come across this thread like me. How is the standby time actually calculated by ios... and how does it relate to 'usage'? I'm assuming the 'standby' figure reflects the total time my device will remain powered at that given point right? ie, so the less I use my device the longer the theoretical standby time is correct? Is a motor vehicle's 'miles per gallon' calculator a suitable analogy here? the harder or more poorly I drive, the lower my MPG will be.. ?

Pavel Stebl

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey, my iPhone 6S+ battery life so far is little disappointing I must say. I can get through 30% within an hour. Needless to say, I need to re-charge several times a day. Not that heavy a user though.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
My battery life varies from day to day. One day I had near 11 hours of usage, yesterday was only about 8. Today if it keeps up it'll be another 8 hour usage day. I don't put a lot of stock in one screenshot over another, because even my usage with the same phone can vary greatly from day to day.

One thing I miss about my 6 is I never looked at battery stats at all. I didn't care. I bought it full well expecting it to charge when I had the opportunity. With the. 6s+ I feel like I'm always checking on the stats to see how good (or bad) it is. Lol

duke821

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 6S Plus battery life is insane for me. I regularly get two full days of average usage, and when I was lightly using the phone I ended up with 3 full days once. It was 7 hours of usage and 63 hours of standby! But that's an anomaly.
On average, I get around 10-12 hours of usage with 30 to 35 hours of standby over my 2 day average. That's with everything turned on, brightness on auto, 5 email accounts, 3 of which are fetch and the other 2 push. I do kill the FaceBook app every time after using it though because it's an evil battery hog.

starsmoon8a

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 6S Plus battery life is insane for me. I regularly get two full days of average usage, and when I was lightly using the phone I ended up with 3 full days once. It was 7 hours of usage and 63 hours of standby! But that's an anomaly.
On average, I get around 10-12 hours of usage with 30 to 35 hours of standby over my 2 day average. That's with everything turned on, brightness on auto, 5 email accounts, 3 of which are fetch and the other 2 push. I do kill the FaceBook app every time after using it though because it's an evil battery hog.

Mind to share your battery usage screen? Are you always on wifi?

starsmoon8a

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I didn't see your post until Tapatalk notified me of your quote. I plugged it in as I drove to work so I don't have a good stat to give you for today.
I generally get over 24 hours with around 12 to 14 hours screen on time. Now that I've gotten a good baseline and I know how my phone performs, I plug in whenever I have access to a power source, such as in the car.

Mind to share battery usage screen for today?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro