How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
HOLY COW!!!! Getting better as the phone settles in.
4364b9ce5254f8e8b364a2fe44abfcdd.jpg
e0208a6c46a963cbfba08d25087e1791.jpg

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Too early to tell whether my 6S Plus battery is as good as my 6 Plus. It's new and shiny and I've been playing with it since when I got it last Monday. I'll have a better gauge of battery life in about a month.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Gives me a better gut feeling about going big this time around instead of simply upgrading my 6 to the 6s.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have just hit 20% and I figured I'd show today's usage.
23789c15c0dac982309757ca7acc825e.jpg
81f8a48c58a910407e11ff27ed40e6ec.jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I unfortunately can't test the battery today....with this nor'easter coming through today and later possibly the effects from Joaquin, I'm keeping all my phones plugged in just in case we have outages. I learned during the summer derecho of '12 that keeping the phones charges was a very very very good idea!!!!

Be safe Lil🏾

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Good Lord for the people with 8+ hours, what brightness setting is that lol. I'm at 75% brightness and will be lucky to even hit pass 8hours of usage.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
My 6S+ brightness was pretty high when I first started using the phone (whatever the default was). I was still getting more battery than my 6+ with the brightness on low. In fact, I was saying "dang this 6S+ looks so much better than my 6+" to only find out most of it had to do with the brightness.

I actually take my phone off the charge before I go to bed. I took it off around 1130/12 yesterday and had 40% battery around 815pm when I was doing closing duties at work. This thing is beast! At least for now.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Good Lord for the people with 8+ hours, what brightness setting is that lol. I'm at 75% brightness and will be lucky to even hit pass 8hours of usage.

Oh if the brightness were that high it would hurt.
Mine is low because sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I start thinking about ports and firewalls and I can't turn my brain off so I start reading the forums. If the brightness is too high it hurts.
2a9214c2c5ad7bb093d183dd1c339a6b.jpg

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Be safe Lil🏾

Thank you! I actually didn't plug in like I was planning. Just the Lumia, the Note 4, and the Quasimodo. It's not as bad here as they'd said. But I'm way away from the coast. I've got friends in New Kent, in the MD Eastern Shore, and they've been getting battered.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! I actually didn't plug in like I was planning. Just the Lumia, the Note 4, and the Quasimodo. It's not as bad here as they'd said. But I'm way away from the coast. I've got friends in New Kent, in the MD Eastern Shore, and they've been getting battered.

How are things out there? Are they settling down?

Hope your friends are alright...

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
How are things out there? Are they settling down?

Hope your friends are alright...

It's raining steadily here. But she's got to deal with the rain, wind, and onshore flooding. During Sandy she had a tree smash the corner of her house. She lives in an old farmhouse from the 1850s. Expensive to repair to keep the look of the place but the insurance covered. Now she's got a new bathroom upstairs!!!!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It's raining steadily here. But she's got to deal with the rain, wind, and onshore flooding. During Sandy she had a tree smash the corner of her house. She lives in an old farmhouse from the 1850s. Expensive to repair to keep the look of the place but the insurance covered. Now she's got a new bathroom upstairs!!!!

Then I'll keep her in my thoughts. Getting a new roof or maybe some new furniture is one thing. Getting a whole new house, that's not fun. Especially if you're displaced temporarily after losing everything you love. I only ever experienced a small part of Charlie when I lived in Florida a few years back. It wasn't bad, just a little wind damage on singles.

So how's that battery? I'm running a Geekbench 3 battery test on my 6s. Over at MR, they're finding people with TSMC chips are getting better battery life than the ones with Samsung chips. ^.^

I've got the TSMC chip. Phone runs smooth like butter. Glad I didn't exchange it after all. That freezing was probably just syncing in the background. After about 8 hours or so, the phone was doing great.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Glad you're inland...hope your friends are ok.