How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I am profoundly dissatisfied with the battery life of my iPhone 6s Plus. I already tried calibrating the battery. This morning I reset all settings. As I write this, it is 1:25 PM and the battery is already down to 49%

anon(9208252)

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Any one having problems with battery are probably not turning off background refresh. Or have an app that uses quite a bit. I notice using BBM that it's a bit of a battery hog , especially when in BBM groups.

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I think it drains fast I had a ZTE Z987 and that battery outlasted this phone I also remember that my iPhone 5s lasted me longer

I been using android over a year and it feels weird coming back but I feel the iPhone 6S plus 128 I received is either defective or there are some bugs between signal losses weird issues with screens getting locked and battery draining fast I hope it's a software issue and it gets fixed quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Battery life on my 6S Plus totally kills my Note 5 hands down. There is no comparison. Having great battery life each day.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Yesterday was my first full day with my new 6s+ and maybe I need some help here...but I'm not all that impressed by its battery life as opposed to my previous iPhone 6. I pulled it off the charger in the morning at 8am...and when I got home last night at 7:45pm, it was at 50%. Frankly, with the same scenario, I was at 40-50% on my 6 too. I hear all the iPhone 6+ & 6s+ owners extolling its amazing battery life...but so far, I don't see it. I'm not bummed...just not as impressed as I thought I would be.

And, btw...I don't feel like I was using my new 6s+ any more than I would've been using my 6.

Am I missing something?

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something?

I am asking myself the same question. However, the battery life of my iPhone 6s Plus is not only relatively worse than yours but objectively poor.

I have been trying to remedy the situation through the following measures:

(1) Calibrating the battery (a two-day process).

(2) Reset all settings.

(3) Using iTunes to restore the iPhone as new and then to restore an iTunes backup.

After resetting all settings I was able to achieve a Usage of "8 hr, 14 min" with 10% Battery remaining at 7:46 PM after having the phone on for 11 hours and 18 minutes.

I am on my first battery cycle after performing the restore. So far, after 3 hours and 18 minutes since I disconnected the phone from the power adapter the battery is at 79% with a Usage of "2 hr,10 min". Tomorrow I will be able to report what impact the restore had, if any.

To all of you getting excellent battery life, please let us know what Settings you believe are responsible for it.

I do not use Siri or Dictation. Most of the time the phone is connected to Wi-Fi. I use Auto-Brightness as recommended by Apple. Background App Refresh is On but it is used only for Google Maps, Notes, OneDrive, OneNote and PhoneDoctor. While Location Services is On, it is used only for Find My iPhone, Motion Calibration & Distance and Setting Time Zone.

Have you turned off Spotlight Search and/or Siri Suggestions? Have you selected Fetch or Manual on iCloud?

Your input would be appreciated.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I am asking myself the same question. However, the battery life of my iPhone 6s Plus is not only relatively worse than yours but objectively poor.

(2) Reset all settings.

(3) Using iTunes to restore the iPhone as new and then to restore an iTunes backup.

After resetting all settings I was able to achieve a Usage of "8 hr, 14 min" with 10% Battery remaining at 7:46 PM after having the phone on for 11 hours and 18 minutes.

I am on my first battery cycle after performing the restore. So far, after 3 hours and 18 minutes since I disconnected the phone from the power adapter the battery is at 79% with a Usage of "2 hr,10 min". Tomorrow I will be able to report what impact the restore had, if any.

To all of you getting excellent battery life, please let us know what Settings you believe are responsible for it.

I do not use Siri or Dictation. Most of the time the phone is connected to Wi-Fi. I use Auto-Brightness as recommended by Apple. Background App Refresh is On but it is used only for Google Maps, Notes, OneDrive, OneNote and PhoneDoctor. While Location Services is On, it is used only for Find My iPhone, Motion Calibration & Distance and Setting Time Zone.

Have you turned off Spotlight Search and/or Siri Suggestions? Have you selected Fetch or Manual on iCloud?

Yes. I would really appreciate some constructive feedback in the form of ideas/instructions from some of those who are experiencing stellar battery life out of the larger iPhone. I'm not slamming the device, but the increase in battery life was a "perk" of the Plus model that I was expecting, and I feel a little dissapointed.

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
After seeing the galaxy battery life this is a huge difference and I'm being serious!as well as my husbands LGG3!
Once the new updates roll along and we use our phones more things should start being smoother is my guess.
I'm still on 6.... A year almost and works fine!
The S model is due here within a week.. Hoping sooner lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My 6s Plus is doing great. Both times I checked, I got about 11.5 hours usage with about 17 + hours standby. I only have 2 apps on background App Refresh. Facebook is toggled off for location and Refresh. I also turned off video Auto play in Facebook. I have all off in system services except Find My iPhone. All unnecessary is off in location services. I try not to use cellular much. I never force close my apps unless one is misbehaving. I don't play a lot if intense games.

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
My 6s Plus is doing great. Both times I checked, I got about 11.5 hours usage with about 17 + hours standby. I only have 2 apps on background App Refresh. Facebook is toggled off for location and Refresh. I also turned off video Auto play in Facebook. I have all off in system services except Find My iPhone. All unnecessary is off in location services. I try not to use cellular much. I never force close my apps unless one is misbehaving. I don't play a lot if intense games.

starsmoon8a

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

(2) Reset all settings.

How is your battery usage so far?

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
How is your battery usage so far?

The battery life of my iPhone 6s Plus has continued to be disappointing. Since the date of the post you quoted, I have set-up the device as a new iPhone, restoring it from a freshly downloaded iOS 9.1 ipsw file, and reinstalled my essential apps anew one by one --as opposed to restoring a backup.

The longest Usage time that I have been able to achieve is 8 hr, 15 min at a 20% battery level with the iPhone connected to Wi-Fi. If I am on AT&T LTE Usage times are significantly lower such as 6 hr, 56 min. I would be happy to get a 10 hr Usage.

Troubleshooting I have found the following. The battery capacity is supposed to be 2750 mAh according to photos published on various websites. However, the Battery Health App shows the battery’s “original design capacity” to be 2725 mAh and its “current maximum capacity” to be 2700 mAh. Perhaps this accounts for a lower than expected 5:43:20 Battery Runtime and 3433 Battery Score on the Geekbench 3 Battery Test. The expected Geekbench Battery Test Results for an iPhone 6s Plus with a Samsung processor are a Runtime of 6:05:20 and a Score of 3653.

Despite the above disparities, the battery passed the Apple remote diagnostics. That means that my device will not be repaired or replaced. My only alternative is to sell it and buy another.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow..how do you achieve this? Are you always on Wifi?

Are all the services enable?

I'm on WiFi at home and on the network at work since WiFi is not allowed there.

Which services are you r feeding to? Location services is enabled for those apps that I need, but not all my apps. My screen is set to about 30%, my background refresh is enabled for some apps that I depend on but not all....for example I haven't got IMDB set to refresh or for location services but FB, Google, Safari, weather apps, news apps etc all are.

I'm just aware of where is weak signal and don't try to push the phone when I'm there, like for example, underground on the Metro. And of course I don't use it while I'm driving. Other than that, I use my phone normally. I'm constantly on it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm on WiFi at home and on the network at work since WiFi is not allowed there.

Which services are you r feeding to? Location services is enabled for those apps that I need, but not all my apps. My screen is set to about 30%, my background refresh is enabled for some apps that I depend on but not all....for example I haven't got IMDB set to refresh or for location services but FB, Google, Safari, weather apps, news apps etc all are.

I'm just aware of where is weak signal and don't try to push the phone when I'm there, like for example, underground on the Metro. And of course I don't use it while I'm driving. Other than that, I use my phone normally. I'm constantly on it.

Hey, Lil! You do like me for the most part. Except I don't allow Facebook to use Refresh. I keep Facebook swiped out of multitasking when I'm not using it. I don't hang out on Facebook long.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods