Both new iPhones survived the 10 foot drop test face down. Watch the YouTube below.

09-30-2015 09:36 PM
    It's up to the user to use a case or a screen protector. These videos don't and can't address every drop scenario like the screen glancing off the side of a step or some other sharp edge or a concrete sidewalk. Just too many variables in a drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    qbnkelt, shief24, dakini03 and 3 others like this.
    09-30-2015 10:17 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Wow, I think both are very durable for smartphones. Once again thanks for the info.
    EagleFox007 likes this.
    09-30-2015 10:21 PM
    I've never had the courage to go naked but I've seriously been considering it since I got my 6s Plus. I bought it through the Apple's upgrade program so I'm not as concerned about having to sell it later on as I have been in the past.
    bailbrae likes this.
    09-30-2015 10:25 PM
    It's up to the user to use a case or a screen protector. These videos don't and can't address every drop scenario like the screen glancing off the side of a step or some other sharp edge or a concrete sidewalk. Just too many variables in a drop.

They pretty much did most of the scenario. Side, back front drop and the level of heights. It doesn't necessarily reflect every scenario but at least it will give you some idea on how durable it is compared to last years model.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-30-2015 10:44 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Wow, I think both are very durable for smartphones. Once again thanks for the info.
    You're welcome! Glad I could share!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-30-2015 10:45 PM
    I've never had the courage to go naked but I've seriously been considering it since I got my 6s Plus. I bought it through the Apple's upgrade program so I'm not as concerned about having to sell it later on as I have been in the past.
    Yes, I wont be as too concern as before after watching this video. I will still have a case but mostly for the purpose of looks and not for protection. Buying a bulky case just to make your phone secure is no longer an option for me. It also makes your phone ugly. This time, I can go for looks and buy something that will look good on my phone. I'm also not a fan of screen protector. Never used it since iPhone 4 and never has issues with scratches or having my glass broken. Much more now that the glass are also much improved. I'm just glad that Apple is making their phones more durable than ever!
    09-30-2015 10:53 PM
    I'm glad the 6s and 6s+ are stronger iPhones but there is no way I'm not using a case. I'm close to not using a screen protector but went with a glass one this time. Maybe with the 7...
    09-30-2015 10:53 PM
    I'm glad the 6s and 6s+ are stronger iPhones but there is no way I'm not using a case. I'm close to not using a screen protector but went with a glass one this time. Maybe with the 7...
    I will still use a case but not for the purpose of making it more secure anymore. I'll go for the looks this time. I never had a screen proctor since iPhone 4 and never had issues of scratching or breaking the glass. It makes your phone looks dirty because of the bubbles if you don't put it correctly. Anyway, maybe I'm just lucky with my screen but since I stopped using it a long time ago, I will never use it again especially after watching this video.
    blwatson likes this.
    09-30-2015 11:00 PM
    I will still use a case but not for the purpose of making it more secure anymore. I'll go for the looks this time.
    I agree with that -- I use cases for protection AND for looks. I have 4 Apple leather cases and 5 Apple silicone cases for my 6s+ for that reason (most of those hold overs from my time with the 6+...)

I never had a screen proctor since iPhone 4 and never had issues of scratching or breaking the glass. It makes your phone looks dirty because of the bubbles if you don't put it correctly.
    Not an issue for me... I am very picky when applying screen protectors and always make sure the cutouts are lined up perfect and there is no dust or bubbles. I also replace them if/when they start showing wear.
    EagleFox007 likes this.
    09-30-2015 11:06 PM
    Going naked we soon be the status quo like it was in the early cellphone years
    09-30-2015 11:09 PM
    I just took my iPhone out of the case. I'm so nervous.
    EagleFox007, sangs and Spencerdl like this.
    09-30-2015 11:11 PM
    WOW IM AMAZED I won't regret my 6S that I got in Bell Store on the 25 September

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
    EagleFox007 likes this.
    09-30-2015 11:12 PM
    Honestly, I'm still sticking with my Black Apple Leather case, it gives me a sense of security no matter how durable the new iPhone are.
    EagleFox007, sangs and Gtech21 like this.
    09-30-2015 11:22 PM
    I agree with that -- I use cases for protection AND for looks. I have 4 Apple leather cases and 5 Apple silicone cases for my 6s+ for that reason (most of those hold overs from my time with the 6+...)

Not an issue for me... I am very picky when applying screen protectors and always make sure the cutouts are lined up perfect and there is no dust or bubbles. I also replace them if/when they start showing wear.
    Im glad for you. I'm just not a fan of it so I don't want to spend extra cash for something that was never an issue with me. All in my family never used a screen protector either and none of them had issues . I guess its just a matter of preference.
    09-30-2015 11:46 PM
    Honestly, I'm still sticking with my Black Apple Leather case, it gives me a sense of security no matter how durable the new iPhone are.
    Why doesn't Apple let Jony Ive design a case? It would be made from a single piece of aircraft grade aluminium.

Semper Fi
    Gtech21 and Spencerdl like this.
    10-01-2015 12:22 AM
    Thanks for sharing. Glad I roll naked. Love that thin phone design on my hand and that nice slippery screen!
    10-01-2015 12:38 AM
    It's a nice video to instill some security in people who enjoy rocking the iPhone with no case, but I've seen a phone drop from just a couple of feet down and hit in just the right way to where it cracks the screen and leaves a nice dent in the aluminum. No thanks.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-01-2015 01:57 AM
    No thank you. I don't care how tough my phone is after spending over $1000 on this baby I'm putting on a case.

10-01-2015 02:06 AM
    13 minutes? No thanks lol
    10-01-2015 02:21 AM
    Why doesn't Apple let Jony Ive design a case? It would be made from a single piece of aircraft grade aluminium.

Semper Fi
    Semper Fi ....OoooRaaah
    Art H likes this.
    10-01-2015 03:49 AM
    Yeah I'll still use a case but no longer for protection, just looks. I've never had like a slim naked case before. It'll be a nice change. But I have to use a case with grip cuz the naked iPhone is just too slippery for me. Same goes for screen protectors, I'll feel better this time around not using one. Only time will tell lol
    10-01-2015 04:51 AM
    I usually don't use cases. Only bumpers because I don't like the idea of laying my phone down without one. I love the look of the phones. I have a hybrid clear case now (Bumper and backing) on the rose gold so everyone, including myself, can see this beautiful color. I never use screen protectors. I've tried but my fingertips do not enjoy the feel of them. I'm loving the screen feel of this phone. No way I'm putting anything on top of it.
    spartanguy83 likes this.
    10-01-2015 06:00 AM
    I usually don't use cases. Only bumpers because I don't like the idea of laying my phone down without one. I love the look of the phones. I have a hybrid clear case now (Bumper and backing) on the rose gold so everyone, including myself, can see this beautiful color. I never use screen protectors. I've tried but my fingertips do not enjoy the feel of them. I'm loving the screen feel of this phone. No way I'm putting anything on top of it.
    I cannot stand the feel of screen protectors. Not to mention I don't think they really do much aside from provide a false sense of security. If the screen is going to shatter it's going to shatter. The screens are really, really difficult to scratch. I've seen tests where people have taken keys to an iPhone screen and it was barely noticeable. My wife casually throws her phone in her purse with her keys and whatever other jagged objects are in there on a daily basis and has never scratched a screen. She's owned iPhones since the iPhone 4 first came out.

So, yeah, I'm not a fan lol
    charmguru likes this.
    10-01-2015 06:23 AM
    Not to mention it looks pretty sweet. I've tried several other cases since getting the 6S+, but keep coming back to the Apple black leather every time.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-01-2015 06:28 AM
148 123 ...