No need for a case or screen protector for 6S and 6S Plus

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Is it not enough to simply have an preference of not using them? Does it have to be labeled as "bad vibes" because a person doesn't agree with your choice of security on the device? You can say that you "literally can't tell it's there", but that simply isn't true. It can be very unnoticeable, but any person who looks at a phone with a screen protector and without one will clearly see which is which.

Whoa....simmer down tiger. Someone just likes to debate, eh? I think you take this too serious.
It is absolutely ok to have a preference. My comment was based on, what I've seen as an attack on the screen protector. Some of these protectors are pretty awesome. And honestly, to those saying the iPhones don't scratch, that just isn't true. I've got a 6 and a 6s. My 6 shows subtle scratches. I didn't wear a protector on that device for the first 8 months or so. To some people that doesn't bother them...for me it drives me mad.

I'm sure you read my comment so you saw where I said, "I have a tempered glass protector"...so I was referencing what I personally have...and making my comment based on the people I've shown my phone to who couldn't tell I had a protector on it. If you look at the edges will you see the protector? Sure. But in every day usage and in screen clarity...you can't tell the difference.

Did the "bad vibes" REALLY rub you the wrong way? Lol.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
No. If a case was "needed" the phone would have a different design entirely.

Some people may feel that they need a case due to experience or to ease their minds. However, that is personal.

I think a case is needed if one is interested in protecting their device from accidental damage from drops. If one isn't worried about that then it's not needed. But it sounds, to me, like you're implying that a case isn't needed because the phone was designed in a way that makes it immune to damage. And that just isn't true.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't saying that as nothing is immune to damage.

You stated that if a case was needed it would have been designed differently, thus saying that the phone was designed in such a way that a case isn't needed, right? So if a case isn't needed are you saying that it's durable enough to withstand whatever we throw at it and not sustain any damage? Otherwise, if you'd agree that the phone could break if dropped wrong then you could also agree that a case may be needed to prevent that, right?

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
So if a case isn't needed are you saying that it's durable enough to withstand whatever we throw at it and not sustain any damage?

Did you even read my previous response?

Otherwise, if you'd agree that the phone could break if dropped wrong then you could also agree that a case may be needed to prevent that, right?

Did I say otherwise?

All I said is that a case is not needed. It is not a mandatory purchase for those who own the device. My phone, as well as the phones of plenty of others, works just fine without a case, which proves my point.

You seem to want to take my words and turn them into being about something else.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you even read my previous response?

Did I say otherwise?

All I said is that a case is not needed. It is not a mandatory purchase for those who own the device. My phone, as well as the phones of plenty of others, works just fine without a case, which proves my point.

You seem to want to take my words and turn them into being about something else.

Obviously a phone will "work" just fine without a case. The discussion was on protecting our devices though, correct? You responded to someone who's defense was "drops happen" so a case is "needed". You said a case is NOT needed otherwise Apple would have designed the phone differently. So I'm wrong in understanding your response to have meant that Apple's design of the iPhone means we don't have to worry about accidental drops? You could easily say "Hold on to your phones and don't drop them and you won't need a case". But that's not what you said. I'm not twisting your words...I'm simply reading them.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
You responded to someone who's defense was "drops happen" so a case is "needed". You said a case is NOT needed otherwise Apple would have designed the phone differently.

Please go back and read. The person who said a case was "needed" claimed that those who did not have cases were being negligent.

Do you understand what that means? The implication is that it is not possible to properly care for the device without having a case. As I said, my experience, as well as the experiences of others, proves that to be wrong; we are not being negligent.

If it were true that it is impossible to properly care for the iPhone as it is currently designed without having it in a case, then yes, I stand by my statement that the phone would have a different design.

You seem like you want to argue, yet I wasn't even responding to you in the first place. You can stop now.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Please go back and read. The person who said a case was "needed" claimed that those who did not have cases were being negligent.

Do you understand what that means? The implication is that it is not possible to properly care for the device without having a case. As I said, my experience, as well as the experiences of others, proves that to be wrong; we are not being negligent.

If it were true that it is impossible to properly care for the iPhone as it is currently designed without having it in a case, then yes, I stand by my statement that the phone would have a different design.

You seem like you want to argue, yet I wasn't even responding to you in the first place. You can stop now.

I did read. The person said those who say a case isn't needed are being negligent. Which you are. You're neglecting the possibility shown in the video he posted. The possibility of someone dropping their phone and the screen shattering. Just because you've never dropped your phone doesn't mean others don't need a case. I literally read your words.

If a case was "needed" the phone would have a different design entirely.

If one wants to protect their phone from the possibility of a drop and lessen the chances of shattering their phone, then yes...a case is needed. These phones were not designed to prevent that. It would appear as though the one not reading here is you.

Adios.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I did read. The person said those who say a case isn't needed are being negligent. Which you are. You're neglecting the possibility shown in the video he posted.

Now you're presuming to know what is in the minds of those who don't have cases. You are wrong. Absolutely wrong.

If one wants to protect their phone from the possibility of a drop and lessen the chances of shattering their phone, then yes...a case is needed. These phones were not designed to prevent that.

And now, you are completing ignoring what I stated previously in order to serve your own point.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
No... one is definitely not being NEGLIGENT by not putting on a case or screen protector, and no, a case is not NEEDED for the phone to operate properly.

Honestly anyone who things either of the above is true does not understand logic. Negligence is defined as "failure to take proper care in doing something." If you accidentally drop your phone because you weren't paying attention, you were negligent... but not preemptively putting a case on a device is not negligence. Also... if a case were needed for the phone to work properly, than everyone here not rocking a case or screen protector would not be able to use their phone as intended... which I'm sure they are able to use their phones just fine.

I've known people with otter boxes and hard core cases and screen protectors who have shattered their screens just as many times as people who have a naked phone shatter their screens. It's honestly the luck of the drop and the angle. Sure, it might be more likely to get dings and scratches and cracks with no case or screen protector, but nothing practical will ever be able to completely secure your phone from a drop. Just be careful and not klutzy. Accidents happen, that is what insurance is for or shelling out $100 to replace the screen (or just living with it... as we can see from all the videos, the phone will still work unless you completely shred the thing...)

It all comes down to personal preference in the end... I like minimalist cases and no screen protector. I've been good for 10+ years... so I'm going to stick with it. But saying that not putting on a case is negligent or that the phone needs a case is a completely foolish argument... let people do what they want!

Lucy Danders

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
You need a case on your iPhone or Screen Protector, I think it would crazy not to put one on your phone for the sake of a few pounds, its it worth the risk?

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
You need a case on your iPhone or Screen Protector, I think it would crazy not to put one on your phone for the sake of a few pounds, its it worth the risk?

Nah, used it once and never will especially after watching this video (I'm talking about screen protector) About the case, I mostly use ultra slim cases and never had any issues. I prefer clear cases. I don't want to hide the beautiful design of the iPhone. Those people who are using big bulky cases, they look like toddlers I see from nursery using an iPad. Lol!

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

iPhone 6S Plus uses some kind of dual ion glass. I am not sure how tough it is compared to the gorilla glass 4. Although apple claims that it is stronger than the CG4. But a tempered glass protection will provide extra layer of protection. Which I feel is worth. Yes dual ion glass it tough. But not completely invulnerable. You never know when you might come across micros-scratches, that are not usually not visible, but under certain lights you can see it. I would never take that risk. Its an expensive device.

KelseyRo4

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes. It is.

AppleCare is my case.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I still don't understand the point of AppleCare. I mean, $130 upfront, and then if you break the screen you have to pay $100 on top of that. And if the phone is broken altogether, you still have to pay to replace it. I rather not have AppleCare and if I break my screen pay the $150

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Nah, used it once and never will especially after watching this video (I'm talking about screen protector) About the case, I mostly use ultra slim cases and never had any issues. I prefer clear cases. I don't want to hide the beautiful design of the iPhone. Those people who are using big bulky cases, they look like toddlers I see from nursery using an iPad. Lol!

I bet. Not like your pretty self with your clear case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2