No need for a case or screen protector for 6S and 6S Plus

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a case to protect from drops, I use it to protect from scratches. I often toss my phone down on the counter, and I rather it not get scratched up when I do that.

jdcorbitt3

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't go Naked. My daughter had a case on her 6S that did not cover the glass. It fell out of her back pocket and the display shattered. She is only 5'2". The phone was only 6 days old. Apple said it is accidental damage and will not cover it. I stopped my order on my 7 other lines. There is no reason to upgrade from the 6 if you have to cover the display and interfere with 3D Touch.

John

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I go naked sometimes & only use cases because I love accessories lol. I've dropped my 6 plus with & without a case with no issues & I'm sure the same will be done with my 6s & 6s plus. I refuse to use a screen protector or buy a bulky case...I like to keep it stylish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
It's good to see that the durability of the iPhone has improved (according to the video). However, there is no guarantee your phone won't get damaged if it is dropped. It's up to each individual to decide if they do or don't want to use a case on their phone.

jdcorbitt3

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
And what does your daughter's height have to do with it being accidental damage. She dropped it or did not secure it sufficiently in her back pocket. Yes, it sucks. But definitely accidental damage and not a warranty repair.
FYI, Most screen protectors have been reported to work just fine with 3D Touch. So don't let that be the only reason you don't upgrade.

The video shows the phone being more resistant to shattering. At 5'2", the phone was not as high as any of the tests in the he video, yet it still shattered. I have a sapphire version of the  watch. I am not gentle on it. I am hoping Apple does the same with the phones. That is when I will upgrade. Starting with the 6, the design was to have a sapphire display. As a glass display, it is venerable to damage as it protrudes from the phone. One of my clients has had iPhones since the first one. The only one he damaged was the 6, and it was within 2 weeks of owning it. His new 6 is the first phone that has ever had a case on it. I come from the days where you could throw a phone across the room as a self defense tool, and then pick it up to call law enforcement. (Motorola 8000S in 1985)

John

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
The video shows the phone being more resistant to shattering. At 5'2", the phone was not as high as any of the tests in the he video, yet it still shattered. I have a sapphire version of the  watch. I am not gentle on it. I am hoping Apple does the same with the phones. That is when I will upgrade. Starting with the 6, the design was to have a sapphire display. As a glass display, it is venerable to damage as it protrudes from the phone. One of my clients has had iPhones since the first one. The only one he damaged was the 6, and it was within 2 weeks of owning it. His new 6 is the first phone that has ever had a case on it. I come from the days where you could throw a phone across the room as a self defense tool, and then pick it up to call law enforcement. (Motorola 8000S in 1985)

John

Well yeah... Didn't you see in the video that the 6 shattered easily and even the case cracked open? What we're talking about here is the new 6S and 6S plus.

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
My screen cracked from falling 2 or 3 inches. Just a warning for others that it's more about how it lands than how far it falls

trog_dor

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I got the Spigen Thin Fit black case for my iPhone 6s Plus. My main concern is protecting the camera lens, because it sticks out and the phone rests on it. I'm worried about the lens picking up scratches over time. Has anybody had their lens scratched after going naked?

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Yeah right..., 2-3 inches drop and your glass cracked then you're telling us you're not trolling? Haha! Sorry but I find that hard to believe.

I frankly don't care if you believe me or not. I'm only posting to let others make an informed decision about protecting their device with a screen protector and case. My device had no protection and slid out of the pocket of my pants that I picked up off the floor after I changed into shorts. It fell less than 3 inches but the edge of the screen made direct impact with concrete and cracked. If you think I'm blaming Apple you're wrong. It was my fault for being careless and I'm grateful Apple replaced it for free

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah right..., 2-3 inches drop and your glass cracked then you're telling us you're not trolling? Haha! Sorry but I find that hard to believe.

My screen shattered falling a half an inch into a pillow while in an Otterbox Defender case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh