No need for a case or screen protector for 6S and 6S Plus

laz305

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I'll still use a case but no longer for protection, just looks. I've never had like a slim naked case before. It'll be a nice change. But I have to use a case with grip cuz the naked iPhone is just too slippery for me. Same goes for screen protectors, I'll feel better this time around not using one. Only time will tell lol

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I usually don't use cases. Only bumpers because I don't like the idea of laying my phone down without one. I love the look of the phones. I have a hybrid clear case now (Bumper and backing) on the rose gold so everyone, including myself, can see this beautiful color. I never use screen protectors. I've tried but my fingertips do not enjoy the feel of them. I'm loving the screen feel of this phone. No way I'm putting anything on top of it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I usually don't use cases. Only bumpers because I don't like the idea of laying my phone down without one. I love the look of the phones. I have a hybrid clear case now (Bumper and backing) on the rose gold so everyone, including myself, can see this beautiful color. I never use screen protectors. I've tried but my fingertips do not enjoy the feel of them. I'm loving the screen feel of this phone. No way I'm putting anything on top of it.

I cannot stand the feel of screen protectors. Not to mention I don't think they really do much aside from provide a false sense of security. If the screen is going to shatter it's going to shatter. The screens are really, really difficult to scratch. I've seen tests where people have taken keys to an iPhone screen and it was barely noticeable. My wife casually throws her phone in her purse with her keys and whatever other jagged objects are in there on a daily basis and has never scratched a screen. She's owned iPhones since the iPhone 4 first came out.

So, yeah, I'm not a fan lol

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, I'm still sticking with my Black Apple Leather case, it gives me a sense of security no matter how durable the new iPhone are.

Not to mention it looks pretty sweet. I've tried several other cases since getting the 6S+, but keep coming back to the Apple black leather every time.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'll still use a case but no longer for protection, just looks. I've never had like a slim naked case before. It'll be a nice change. But I have to use a case with grip cuz the naked iPhone is just too slippery for me. Same goes for screen protectors, I'll feel better this time around not using one. Only time will tell lol

Exactly! You can now enjoy buying a case just for looks without worrying so much on protection. Plus, makes your phone ugly buying those bulky cases.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I
I cannot stand the feel of screen protectors. Not to mention I don't think they really do much aside from provide a false sense of security. If the screen is going to shatter it's going to shatter. The screens are really, really difficult to scratch. I've seen tests where people have taken keys to an iPhone screen and it was barely noticeable. My wife casually throws her phone in her purse with her keys and whatever other jagged objects are in there on a daily basis and has never scratched a screen. She's owned iPhones since the iPhone 4 first came out.

So, yeah, I'm not a fan lol

Same here, I stopped using screen protector since I got my iPhone 4. I feel like they are just a waste of money.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
It's a nice video to instill some security in people who enjoy rocking the iPhone with no case, but I've seen a phone drop from just a couple of feet down and hit in just the right way to where it cracks the screen and leaves a nice dent in the aluminum. No thanks.

Which phone? The 6S or the 6S Plus?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
After seeing a student of mine with her mangled up iPhone 6 after several drops, it would have to mighty convincing for me to not use a case or screen protector. I imagine the 7 will be even more durable, so I'll wait and see I suppose. I would be damn nervous though if I decided not to use one.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Failed experiment. I lasted about 8 hours without a case. The phone feels great in the hand and I personally love how it feels to swipe from the side on the beveled glass. All was well until my toddler woke up this morning. Noticing that my brand new 6s Plus was vulnerable sans case, he immediately tried to destroy it with great speed and precision. Luckily, Daddy is still quicker than he is.

The case is back on now.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Failed experiment. I lasted about 8 hours without a case. The phone feels great in the hand and I personally love how it feels to swipe from the side on the beveled glass. All was well until my toddler woke up this morning. Noticing that my brand new 6s Plus was vulnerable sans case, he immediately tried to destroy it with great speed and precision. Luckily, Daddy is still quicker than he is.

The case is back on now.

Did something happen to your phone or you caught in time? If nothing happen to your phone, why would you call it a failed experiment?

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
After seeing a student of mine with her mangled up iPhone 6 after several drops, it would have to mighty convincing for me to not use a case or screen protector. I imagine the 7 will be even more durable, so I'll wait and see I suppose. I would be damn nervous though if I decided not to use one.

The video shows iPhone 6 cracked easily and the metal frame was easily broken. Your student is lucky. Anyway, it's the new model 6S and 6S Plus is what we're talking about here.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
My student isn't lucky because her phone is cracked all over the screen. It still works, if that is what you're referencing, but I wouldn't call her experiences "lucky". I also know what the topic is, and my statement remains the same: I wouldn't roll without a case even if it were built with duranium.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Did something happen to your phone or you caught in time? If nothing happen to your phone, why would you call it a failed experiment?

Phone is fine. It's a failed experiment because I lasted 8 hours without a case, and I was sleeping for 7 of them.

anon(5721830)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad the 6s and 6s+ are stronger iPhones but there is no way I'm not using a case. I'm close to not using a screen protector but went with a glass one this time. Maybe with the 7...

I assume you have the 6s/6s plus, mines on its way and was curious on if the glass screen protector works good with 3d touch and if you went with case friendly or if the standard would be ok.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Pretty incredible drop test. I still use a case for better grip and a matte screen protector for that always-smooth feel, though.

daniesy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
No matter how good or bad the iPhones perform in the drop/scratch tests, i'd never dare to leave mine without at least a screen protector on. It's like parking a $100k on the street.

Timothy Thrash

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
24 hours into having my iPhone 6S Plus it feel out of my pocket getting out of my truck and cracked across the screen so......... Thank god for Apple Care. $129 + $99 later...

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'll still use a case but no longer for protection, just looks.

See, "looks" is exactly why I don't use a case. I'm not going to cheapen up the looks of a $1000 device by wrapping it up in a case, especially one that's plastic (shudder).

I'm also not going to carry around an ugly brick so that the next person to have the phone gets to carry around a pretty device. If anyone is going to benefit from carrying and handling such a nicely designed phone, that person is going to be me.

Protection? It's called insurance. If something happens, I can make a claim. Honestly, that's the whole purpose of paying for insurance in the first place.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal