No need for a case or screen protector for 6S and 6S Plus

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's up to the user to use a case or a screen protector. These videos don't and can't address every drop scenario like the screen glancing off the side of a step or some other sharp edge or a concrete sidewalk. Just too many variables in a drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Wow, I think both are very durable for smartphones. Once again thanks for the info.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've never had the courage to go naked but I've seriously been considering it since I got my 6s Plus. I bought it through the Apple's upgrade program so I'm not as concerned about having to sell it later on as I have been in the past.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
It's up to the user to use a case or a screen protector. These videos don't and can't address every drop scenario like the screen glancing off the side of a step or some other sharp edge or a concrete sidewalk. Just too many variables in a drop.

They pretty much did most of the scenario. Side, back front drop and the level of heights. It doesn't necessarily reflect every scenario but at least it will give you some idea on how durable it is compared to last years model.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I've never had the courage to go naked but I've seriously been considering it since I got my 6s Plus. I bought it through the Apple's upgrade program so I'm not as concerned about having to sell it later on as I have been in the past.

Yes, I wont be as too concern as before after watching this video. I will still have a case but mostly for the purpose of looks and not for protection. Buying a bulky case just to make your phone secure is no longer an option for me. It also makes your phone ugly. This time, I can go for looks and buy something that will look good on my phone. I'm also not a fan of screen protector. Never used it since iPhone 4 and never has issues with scratches or having my glass broken. Much more now that the glass are also much improved. I'm just glad that Apple is making their phones more durable than ever!

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad the 6s and 6s+ are stronger iPhones but there is no way I'm not using a case. I'm close to not using a screen protector but went with a glass one this time. Maybe with the 7...

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad the 6s and 6s+ are stronger iPhones but there is no way I'm not using a case. I'm close to not using a screen protector but went with a glass one this time. Maybe with the 7...

I will still use a case but not for the purpose of making it more secure anymore. I'll go for the looks this time. I never had a screen proctor since iPhone 4 and never had issues of scratching or breaking the glass. It makes your phone looks dirty because of the bubbles if you don't put it correctly. Anyway, maybe I'm just lucky with my screen but since I stopped using it a long time ago, I will never use it again especially after watching this video.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I will still use a case but not for the purpose of making it more secure anymore. I'll go for the looks this time.

I agree with that -- I use cases for protection AND for looks. I have 4 Apple leather cases and 5 Apple silicone cases for my 6s+ for that reason (most of those hold overs from my time with the 6+...)

I never had a screen proctor since iPhone 4 and never had issues of scratching or breaking the glass. It makes your phone looks dirty because of the bubbles if you don't put it correctly.

Not an issue for me... I am very picky when applying screen protectors and always make sure the cutouts are lined up perfect and there is no dust or bubbles. I also replace them if/when they start showing wear.

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
WOW IM AMAZED I won't regret my 6S that I got in Bell Store on the 25 September

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I'm still sticking with my Black Apple Leather case, it gives me a sense of security no matter how durable the new iPhone are.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I agree with that -- I use cases for protection AND for looks. I have 4 Apple leather cases and 5 Apple silicone cases for my 6s+ for that reason (most of those hold overs from my time with the 6+...)

Not an issue for me... I am very picky when applying screen protectors and always make sure the cutouts are lined up perfect and there is no dust or bubbles. I also replace them if/when they start showing wear.

Im glad for you. I'm just not a fan of it so I don't want to spend extra cash for something that was never an issue with me. All in my family never used a screen protector either and none of them had issues . I guess its just a matter of preference.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I'm still sticking with my Black Apple Leather case, it gives me a sense of security no matter how durable the new iPhone are.

Why doesn't Apple let Jony Ive design a case? It would be made from a single piece of aircraft grade aluminium.

Semper Fi

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Glad I roll naked. Love that thin phone design on my hand and that nice slippery screen!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's a nice video to instill some security in people who enjoy rocking the iPhone with no case, but I've seen a phone drop from just a couple of feet down and hit in just the right way to where it cracks the screen and leaves a nice dent in the aluminum. No thanks.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
No thank you. I don't care how tough my phone is after spending over $1000 on this baby I'm putting on a case.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods