No need for a case or screen protector for 6S and 6S Plus

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I cannot stand the feel of screen protectors. Not to mention I don't think they really do much aside from provide a false sense of security. If the screen is going to shatter it's going to shatter. The screens are really, really difficult to scratch. I've seen tests where people have taken keys to an iPhone screen and it was barely noticeable. My wife casually throws her phone in her purse with her keys and whatever other jagged objects are in there on a daily basis and has never scratched a screen. She's owned iPhones since the iPhone 4 first came out.

So, yeah, I'm not a fan lol

Exactly this! Screen protectors are a waste and affects your experience with the touch feel. Glass protectors are better with touch but adds bulk! I'm anti bulk!!!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
See, "looks" is exactly why I don't use a case. I'm not going to cheapen up the looks of a $1000 device by wrapping it up in a case, especially one that's plastic (shudder).

I'm also not going to carry around an ugly brick so that the next person to have the phone gets to carry around a pretty device. If anyone is going to benefit from carrying and handling such a nicely designed phone, that person is going to be me.

Protection? It's called insurance. If something happens, I can make a claim. Honestly, that's the whole purpose of paying for insurance in the first place.

I totally agree. Sure you spent a lot of money on the phone, but why not enjoy the beautiful design and make your money's worth! People worry too much on keeping the device perfect for the next owner lol.

jjtheprince

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
One of my co workers has had a 6s for four days now, has a case but no screen protector. I advised that he should get one but she shrugged it off & said the screens are more durable now. Today she comes in griping about a nasty scratch in her screen & has no idea how it even happened.

grevan88

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Ive never ever ever used a case or screen protector for any phone I have ever owned and have only broken/damaged 1 phone. Companies like BlackBerry, Apple and Samsung etc. invest tens to hundreds of millions of dollars on R&D to make a perfectly strong, thin, balanced and good looking phone and protecting it with a case is blasphemy.

Use that one extra brain cell and that one extra second to make sure you are grabbing your phone right and are being extra careful and don't waste your money and looks on cases.

And if it DOES break?? Oh well, you're gonna buy a new one next September anyway.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
One of my co workers has had a 6s for four days now, has a case but no screen protector. I advised that he should get one but she shrugged it off & said the screens are more durable now. Today she comes in griping about a nasty scratch in her screen & has no idea how it even happened.

Probably a scratch in the Oleophobic coating. I doubt the glass is scratched.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
i am aware that the new iphone is very durable and tough. but i am not ballsy enough to carry it around naked.. i would love to not have a case on it tho! it feels so nice in the hand naked, but sometimes it can be a little slippery still. and i like to go out to parties/raves/festivals a lot, and i definitely need a case on my baby! im currently using a TPU clear neon orange case on mine.. the edge of the case glows under a black light, so it looks sick!! and you can still see the beautiful rose gold :)

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Ive never ever ever used a case or screen protector for any phone I have ever owned and have only broken/damaged 1 phone. Companies like BlackBerry, Apple and Samsung etc. invest tens to hundreds of millions of dollars on R&D to make a perfectly strong, thin, balanced and good looking phone and protecting it with a case is blasphemy.

Use that one extra brain cell and that one extra second to make sure you are grabbing your phone right and are being extra careful and don't waste your money and looks on cases.

And if it DOES break?? Oh well, you're gonna buy a new one next September anyway.

Meh. I like the way my Apple midnight blue leather case and Zagg screen protector looks. I gave my phone a leather jacket and glasses to match its owner :).

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I paid like 10 bucks for a glass screen protector from Amazon, and its still holding up; zero bubbles I might add. As far as cases, I always keep a case on mine. Back in the day, I would slap a big ol' bulky case on my device but, those days are over. I prefer a very slim case that offers minimum protection. I have an Apple leather case which I love, and a few more slim cases. Add that with the glass protector and I am good. Now, if they make a phone that's durable like the old school Nokia phone, then I would go naked with no fear at all.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
See, "looks" is exactly why I don't use a case. I'm not going to cheapen up the looks of a $1000 device by wrapping it up in a case, especially one that's plastic (shudder).

I think think the iPhones look better in the Apple cases, especially the leather ones -- and they feel better in the hand too. But I agree that a lot of the cases I see out there (and in these forums) are hideous -- especially the big bulky ones.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
It's always the same for me when I get a new iPhone:

1. Get multiple new cases.
2. Rock cases for a coup,e of weeks.
3. Decide that cases aren't needed with AC+.
4. Stop using cases.
5. Have a gently used gadget with a few dings and scratches that I got to use as intended.

That's just me, but my wife is so hard on her phones she gets a gently used gadget even with a case. I'd hate to see what happened with a naked phone.

pjs37

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I been going naked since I got a Lumia 920. I realized then I never did drop a phone and it was silly to cover these beautiful devices up. With protection plans costing me how much I usually spend in cases purchases over the course of time I own a device I just rely on that.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
That's just me, but my wife is so hard on her phones she gets a gently used gadget even with a case. I'd hate to see what happened with a naked phone.

Yeah, I get that some people are hard on their phones and maybe they want a case because of that. But they're not necessary for those of us who know how to take care of our devices and who have insurance in case of accidents. I'd rather enjoy the device the way it was made.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree. Sure you spent a lot of money on the phone, but why not enjoy the beautiful design and make your money's worth! People worry too much on keeping the device perfect for the next owner lol.

All my previous phones get sent to family members. Of course I want them protected for the next person.

And I prefer avoiding preventable damage. So if that means a case and a screen protector that's what I do. And I use the money I'd save by using a case on a pair of shoes. Happy.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Nice! I could go naked...if I had the 6s, but sticking to my 6 for now, good to know Apple is finally paying attention to these details!

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
All my previous phones get sent to family members. Of course I want them protected for the next person.

Well, my phone may go to another family member later on, but when I bought it, I bought it with the intention that I was going to be its owner and the one to enjoy it as he pleases.

If the next person down the line can't handle being handed down a phone with some minor scratches on the back, then they can have someone else's phone or they can buy their own.

Now, I wouldn't pass on a phone that had major damage, but if the phone was good enough for me to still be using it--and I'm known in my family for being the best at taking care of my things--then it's good enough for another family member to use it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I buy my iPhones with the intention of being the primary owner but I know that I won't be the only owner. And if I gift my old device I don't want the recipient to feel like they got a hand me down. I love to hear them say how it looks brand new. That gives me joy.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I usually go caseless or with a very thin case. Haven't used a screen protector in forever. Using this case no. Looks great and still protects from small scratches/dings. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1443763281.885897.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1443763342.792587.jpg

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I buy my iPhones with the intention of being the primary owner but I know that I won't be the only owner. And if I gift my old device I don't want the recipient to feel like they got a hand me down. I love to hear them say how it looks brand new. That gives me joy.

Same here!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2