Signal issues with 6s plus

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Has it changed at home any? I never noticed any change with my iPhone 5 on iOS 9. But my 6s Plus seems to have a weaker wireless signal than I had before. I still believe it's the antenna.

My roommate has a 5C. When I get home from work I'll check hers and see if hers looks lower. I've been meaning to do speed tests between ours anyway. Her 5C pulled faster speeds than my 6 on LTE. We're both on AT&T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm back up to mid 30 download and mid teens upload...right where my 6 Plus was. I'm pretty satisfied with this, and it is consistent (except for during peak times, which isn't surprising really).

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm back up to mid 30 download and mid teens upload...right where my 6 Plus was. I'm pretty satisfied with this, and it is consistent (except for during peak times, which isn't surprising really).

I'd be thrilled with that consistently. I occasionally pull 24, but average is around 11 down. When I get back toward Atlanta I get crazy speeds, but I live an hour outside the city now.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon 6s plus I pulled 22 down two bars LTE .. And after reconfiguring my router I pulled 60 down on wifi .. As far as cell signal seems the same from my 6 plus

iChampion

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same issue on AT&T along with slow downloads on Cellular and my home WIFI, here is what I did and it work great for me.
Go into settings click WIFI next to your connected WIFI name click the i with the circle around it then change the DNS settings to 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220 then exit reboot phone.
For some reason the LTE radio was interfering with the WIFI settings, I'm just saying this worked for me now i get 5 bars of signal instead of 2.
If it does not work for you the set the DNS back to before settings

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I just got a Verizon 6s plus and I am using it on AT&T and my signal so far is better. The 6s Plus is now on par with the Verizon 6 that I also have. I wonder if this is just an issue with AT&T 6s plus phones. The AT&T 6s plus that I had was about 3-5 dBm worse than the Verizon 6 Plus I have. Now the Verizon 6 plus and 6s Plus have the same dBm.

ttieder

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
The service in doors is not close to my note 5 on Tmobile both phones on the same network I hope they can fix it on a software update I have no clue why it's worst on the same network No one has a answer to it

norulesjustgo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I too seem to have this issue...When I had my iPhone 6 with T-Mobile I had 5 bars of LTE at work. Now I only get 3 bars with my 6S Plus with T-Mobile. I've also noticed that LTE seems to be slower now than with my other phone. I don't understand why.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads up but you need to check with band your using of LTE also. Band 4 on Verizon is gonna be less strength then band 13. I'm getting the same singal on my Verizon 6s plus as I was on the plus. Maybe even slightly better

ttieder

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I think that's my issue with Tmobile where my note 5 connects to band 12 and the 6s plus is not I wish I can change the settings or check it somehow I hope they change it in a profile update

nino63004

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads up but you need to check with band your using of LTE also. Band 4 on Verizon is gonna be less strength then band 13. I'm getting the same singal on my Verizon 6s plus as I was on the plus. Maybe even slightly better

How can I check this?

Blakew23

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
People have been telling me I sound different now on this phone, like muffled and not as clear. I don't use a case so I know it isn't that.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I had no service and three dropped calls today in places where I usually see 4/5 bars. I've been seeing 2-3 since I got this phone. I'm on Verizon.

dakini03

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I have both a Note 5 and iPhone 6s+, 2 separate lines on AT&T. In my home both phones show the exact same signal strength: -93 dBm. They both show 2 bars of LTE. The iPhone is significantly faster than the Note 5 in speed tests, although that's just 2 speed tests in my home..

That being said, had I not seen this thread and tested, i would just have said that they're both performing very well and not known the differences. In general, now and in the past both my Samsung and iPhone lines have performed similarly and quite well in my usage.

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue I have an iPhone 6s Plus 128 silver and my wife dies as well and signal was good for a few days and now it's all over the place.

I also notice when on Bluetooth in my car when I make a call it disconnects itself and reconnects quickly

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner