Signal issues with 6s plus

ttieder

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
My 6s plus is having bad cell reception and wifi reception i use to get LTE everywhere with my note 5 is there anybody else having this issue? I am on Tmobile

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I got 4 dots with my iPhone 5. Now I only get 2 dots with my 6s Plus. Nothing else has changed. It shows -114. It ranged from -90 to -98 on the 5. I wonder about the antenna in these phones. My wife's 5c also only gets 2 dots. What gives Apple? Lol

In all fairness, I can walk out my door 5 feet and it improves to 5 dots. So something in my home is interfering with the signal. But it should still be as good as the 5.

ttieder

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have no clue I might have to get a new sim but the service on my phone compared to the note 5 is a joke i use to get LTE everywhere now I don't

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've noticed a degradation from my 6 to my 6s Plus as well. At work on my 6 I always had LTE. Now I revert to 4G a lot. My wifi signal at home is also weaker on my 6s Plus. Here's the weird thing though. When I do speed tests both on wifi and LTE my speeds are faster even though it shows a weaker signal.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I've noticed at all is a slight degrade in LTE speed...but since launch day, it has improved a lot, and is now just slightly slower than my 6 Plus was on the LTE network. No issues with connectivity or service when making a call at all.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm getting better LTE speeds on AT&T but in some of the same areas that I frequent I'm getting worse signal. Similar to what Ledsteplin described. For example at the gym I go to LTE is usually from -93 to -110 and it consistently has gotten in the -115 range.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm getting better LTE speeds on AT&T but in some of the same areas that I frequent I'm getting worse signal. Similar to what Ledsteplin described. For example at the gym I go to LTE is usually from -93 to -110 and it consistently has gotten in the -115 range.

That's exactly what is happening to me. Worse signal/better speeds. I'm on AT&T as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought an AT&T 6s plus from Best Buy and I had a lower dBm on the 6s plus compared to my Verizon 6 plus that I use on AT&T. The 6s plus was about 3-5 dBm lower and I would lose my LTE signal a lot and go to 4G even edge. That rarely happens on my 6 plus. I returned the 6s plus and I bought a Verizon 6 s plus that comes on Monday and I hope that makes a difference. I will report back later when I test out the Verizon 6s plus on AT&T's network.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm convinced it's the antenna in the phone. I believe Apple sacrificed some to make space. Nothing else makes sense. There's just not as much antenna. It's like the 5c, not the 5 or 5s.

nino63004

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting similar results as everyone else is. Used to get full 5 bars now get 1-2 bars. Not sure if it is a software thing or actually less dbm. Can't remember how to show the dbm but data speeds are the same or better on spots though.

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I don't have a 6s plus but have had the 6 plus 128gb since launch day and is the best iPhone by far! I watch this forum to see what is wrong with the new version because I am going to get one soon. My phone started doing the same thing after ios 9. My reception went down and I drop calls everywhere I never have before. I wonder if its a software issue because mine is just the 6 plus??? Something to think about. And my phone has ran like crap too, freezing up and slow and laggy! I have erased it and put a fresh install and it still runs terrible. But my cell reception is suffering horribly now.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. I've noticed the opposite.
On the Metro I am able to grab and hold on to a signal better than with my iPhone 6.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's odd. I've noticed the opposite.
On the Metro I am able to grab and hold on to a signal better than with my iPhone 6.

Has it changed at home any? I never noticed any change with my iPhone 5 on iOS 9. But my 6s Plus seems to have a weaker wireless signal than I had before. I still believe it's the antenna.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I've always had dodgy signal at home. I'm out in the back of beyond. So WiFi is absolutely the only thing that is strong here.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen