Went from ALL the Notes and a 6 Plus to the the smaller 6s

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been using phablets for so long and just so used to the sizes and bigger screens I never thought I could go back to a non phablet.

So many people mention that they could never go back to a smaller screen or phone and getting used to a phablet just takes a bit,, well, I guess can now say the same thing, going to the smaller 6s has taken a few days to get used to it.
I was so going to get the 128gb 6s Plus but at the last minute I decided to give the the 128gb 6s a try.

Pros and cons to both but for me now I think I'm sticking with the smaller 6s, it just feels and fits better in all respects. It's become fun not carrying around a phablet anymore.

Sure, the battery and camera are a bit better with the 6s Plus but for me its worth the the trade off, as far as the 6s camera only having DIS I'm not really noticing a big difference between my friends 6 Plus with OIS and my 6s with DiS.

Anyhow, I'm kinda surprised I'm going to keep the 6s after being such a phablet junkie ever since the Note 1 (the only Note I didn't own was the the Note 5).

Cheers
Davyo

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I would imagine that a smaller screen would be easier to operate with one hand but if you have big hands, the 6 Plus (or 6s Plus) would be just as manageable.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine that a smaller screen would be easier to operate with one hand but if you have big hands, the 6 Plus (or 6s Plus) would be just as manageable.

In many ways the 6s is way more easier to manage with the smaller screen, Except when it comes to texting, going from a big keyboard to the keyboard of the 6s is about the only real challenge and I have averaged sized hands, thankfully the speech to text works pretty good when texting or doing emails and such, I'm typing this on my Air 2 right now and I also have my iPad mini the goes everywhere with my, even when I had my Note 4.

I've still got about 10 days to switch to the 6s Plus at no charge if I decide to, but for the moment I'm really getting a bit attached to the 6s.

Cheers
Davyo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using phablets for so long and just so used to the sizes and bigger screens I never thought I could go back to a non phablet.

So many people mention that they could never go back to a smaller screen or phone and getting used to a phablet just takes a bit,, well, I guess can now say the same thing, going to the smaller 6s has taken a few days to get used to it.
I was so going to get the 128gb 6s Plus but at the last minute I decided to give the the 128gb 6s a try.

Pros and cons to both but for me now I think I'm sticking with the smaller 6s, it just feels and fits better in all respects. It's become fun not carrying around a phablet anymore.

Sure, the battery and camera are a bit better with the 6s Plus but for me its worth the the trade off, as far as the 6s camera only having DIS I'm not really noticing a big difference between my friends 6 Plus with OIS and my 6s with DiS.

Anyhow, I'm kinda surprised I'm going to keep the 6s after being such a phablet junkie ever since the Note 1 (the only Note I didn't own was the the Note 5).

Cheers
Davyo

I'm sure there are a good deal of others who have done the exact same thing and have come to the same conclusion. Personally, I can adjust to any device, regardless of the screen size, but at the moment, I prefer the screen size of the Plus model, but that may change when next year's iPhone is introduced.

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
iMoreAppImg_20150929_221352.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150929_221358.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150929_221402.jpg

6 plus screen can be minimized to fit one hand use by shrinking the screen size to your liking. This will solve users with smaller hands on the 6 plus. This should be out next year.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well as the op, one thing I really noticed today with my 6s was the lack of juice in my battery after a very light day of usage.

After a full charge at the start of my day I was just around 50% battery life left after only a few half hour calls and checking my email twice,,,, hardly used the 6s today and used half of the battery life.
And this is after I went thru all the online articles suggesting how to get more battery life and made those changes as soon as I got the 6s.

The 6s might be getting replaced really soon with the 6s Plus,,,, I could go 2 days easy with my Note 4,,,, WTF is up with iPhones now smaller batteries and quick battery drain.

Love my 6s,,,, but I'm starting to rethink getting the 6s Plus or the the Note 5.
Cheers
Davyo

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Cheers
Davyo

If the 6s had a 1080p screen I would consider it but I like the screen on my 6 plus that I'll never go below full HD. As far as QHD goes Idc really and don't see a huge difference on a phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I also used to own phablets; all of the Notes and the iPhone 6 Plus. I changed some months ago to the iPhone 6 because I wanted a smartphone that was a little smaller seeing as though I use my iPad Air most of the time when I need to consume media. So the smaller device suited me better. I now have the iPhone 6S (opted to start with the smaller size this time around). I just like the smaller version. And battery life for me hasn't been an issue. Like I said, I use my iPad Air 2 most of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I had the Note 5 for a month. I sold my 6 plus when I got it. I just got my 6s Plus due to poor battery life on the Note 5. I did everything to improve it, but I found myself having to top off the battery almost every day to make it. After only 1 day with the 6s Plus I feel much better. Yesterday was a fairly heavy use day and 17+ hours off charge with 38% left. That's good battery life!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the Note 5 for a month. I sold my 6 plus when I got it. I just got my 6s Plus due to poor battery life on the Note 5. I did everything to improve it, but I found myself having to top off the battery almost every day to make it. After only 1 day with the 6s Plus I feel much better. Yesterday was a fairly heavy use day and 17+ hours off charge with 38% left. That's good battery life!

I got the itch for the Note 5 for about a week. I kept watching YouTube videos on it and almost convinced myself to try it. But I didn't because I knew what would happen. I would eventually want to go back to my iOS devices and I would have regretted getting the Note 5.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the itch for the Note 5 for about a week. I kept watching YouTube videos on it and almost convinced myself to try it. But I didn't because I knew what would happen. I would eventually want to go back to my iOS devices and I would have regretted getting the Note 5.

At least you were smart. I did that exactly lmao

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Well as the op, one thing I really noticed today with my 6s was the lack of juice in my battery after a very light day of usage.

After a full charge at the start of my day I was just around 50% battery life left after only a few half hour calls and checking my email twice,,,, hardly used the 6s today and used half of the battery life.
And this is after I went thru all the online articles suggesting how to get more battery life and made those changes as soon as I got the 6s.

The 6s might be getting replaced really soon with the 6s Plus,,,, I could go 2 days easy with my Note 4,,,, WTF is up with iPhones now smaller batteries and quick battery drain.

Love my 6s,,,, but I'm starting to rethink getting the 6s Plus or the the Note 5.
Cheers
Davyo

I did the exact same thing. Have had my 6S for a week. Just ordered the 6S Plus and am going to return the regular 6S. Battery life is not cutting it for me at all.

Sent from my  iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2