Touch ID needs to slow down!

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I know it sounds crazy, but its so fast I keep dismissing the notifications on my lock screen. I have to remember to use the tip of my thumb so it cant register. Either that or use the power button but who wants to do that? I would actually prefer Apple build in a little of a delay to help out the situation.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually erased my right thumb print in settings because of this...which makes it very easy to use it now, and I just scan my left thumb print our one of my index fingers to access the phone. It does register the print super fast though, which I actually think is pretty awesome.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
It is very fast so I left my R Index finger out of TouchID so I use that finger (or the sleep/wake button) if I want to see the lock screen

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Why not keep the right finger index and pulling down the nf screen once unlocked ? All notifications are still there.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
or.... use the sleep awake button as it was intended to do. Took me the better part of a day, but I am already re-trained to do that.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Why not keep the right finger index and pulling down the nf screen once unlocked ? All notifications are still there.

The use case scenario is if you want to quickly glance at the lock screen for notifications or time. Of course you can get all of this info if you unlock the iPhone...

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I would rather it be too fast than... Anything else on the market right now. Even the note 5 was hit or miss with the scanner. So I can live with the quickness. Would be nice for a delay setting for some people though. Would make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I use my big toe to wake the phone up and then I have Touch ID registered to left earlobe. Works great.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
It also can interfere with the camera shortcut on the home screen.

So thats pretty much it. Unless apple gives the option for a delay, I will be using the power button to wake the screen, then my thumb to unlock it.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting used the speedy touchID recognition - makes it feel like touchID isn't even there it's so fast. The old was too slow sometimes.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It also can interfere with the camera shortcut on the home screen.

So thats pretty much it. Unless apple gives the option for a delay, I will be using the power button to wake the screen, then my thumb to unlock it.

You can always use a non touch ID finger to open to the lock screen. Then use touch ID from there.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
There are a few work arounds, I agree. Its not the end of the world to be sure. Just add's a level of annoyance to what should be a pretty straight forward process. IMHO of course.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I personally love that it is so fast. I use to have aa 90% accuracy rate prior to getting my 6S Plus. Now it always picks up my finder. If I am just checking notifications, I simply tap the home button with my finger and do not place my finger on it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I personally love that it is so fast. I use to have aa 90% accuracy rate prior to getting my 6S Plus. Now it always picks up my finder. If I am just checking notifications, I simply tap the home button with my finger and do not place my finger on it.

You don't like to see lock screen notifications?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox