Switching from Android?

W1ck3D86

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
3) #2 being said, once I made the decision that I was going to get the iPhone 6s Plus, I decided to root my Note 2 and play with some custom ROMs. I played a bit with Dirty Unicorns Lollipop ROM and ended with Resurrection Remix Lollipop ROM. I liked the latter better
4) The stylus. I think I used the stylus about 3 times in 4 years and even then it was just to play with. Never really found a practical use for it.

Thanks for reading this!

Bruce
Use my note as 2nd phone too.
I recommend u the liquid smooth rom +purecm kernel ( to set your max CPU frequency to 1800mhz). No lag and a great battery life.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, those are my initial thoughts. So far, no real regrets in jumping ship. I'm not an Apple fanboy and I do miss some of the freedom Android offers as a platform. That being said, security and functionality are simply more important to me at this point in my life than the ability to tinker.

Please feel free to comment with your thoughts if you're also a turncoat...

I'm not a turn coat, I'm multi platform, but iOS IS my daily driver and my preferred platform. Your last paragraph hits on something.

I passed on the Note 5 and the SGS6. I'm not getting the BlackBerry Privy. Or getting the next Windows phone. The iPhone, out of the box, W O R K S. I no longer feel excited about tinkering. And I don't want to spend my weekend searching for leaked OSs to make my device work properly. I'd rather be with the people I love or spend time training and having fun with my dogs or going to the river.

So...... I love the dependability of the iPhone.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The issue I had with Android is that I didn't "tinker" at all really when I was using it. I never rooted a device or downloaded a ROM. I always used them as they were intended. And I rarely did anything special with widgets. For the most part, they were set up very similarly to my iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I really do like Android overall. Really liked the Note 5 a lot. Some days my battery would drain like crazy and someday sit was fine. One day my cell standby is 30% then the next is 2%. No difference in my usage. Then Android OS is killing the battery. I seemed to keep having to keep an eye on my battery stats.

I did the exact same thing last year. Had an iPhone 6. Saw the Note 4. Liked it. Sold my iPhone got the Note 4. That lasted a month. Sold that then went and got an iPhone 6 again. That lasted the rest of the year till I saw the Note 5 as a real Premium device. Phone was wicked fast and I really enjoyed it. After trying the iPhone 6S I was like "damn I did it again".

What it boils down to me now and I finally realized(took forever lol) I need to just stick with iOS. Just like all the sayings you hear. "It just works". I have too many things at home Apple. iPads, and iMac, Apple TV and so on. Everything just goes together. I seemed to always like to try something else but always come back to Apple. Been an expensive few years doing this lol. I'm done now. Very happy with the 6S Plus. The 2GB of Ram is what pretty much sold me on the device for sure.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I really do like Android overall. Really liked the Note 5 a lot. Some days my battery would drain like crazy and someday sit was fine. One day my cell standby is 30% then the next is 2%. No difference in my usage. Then Android OS is killing the battery. I seemed to keep having to keep an eye on my battery stats.

I did the exact same thing last year. Had an iPhone 6. Saw the Note 4. Liked it. Sold my iPhone got the Note 4. That lasted a month. Sold that then went and got an iPhone 6 again. That lasted the rest of the year till I saw the Note 5 as a real Premium device. Phone was wicked fast and I really enjoyed it. After trying the iPhone 6S I was like "damn I did it again".

What it boils down to me now and I finally realized(took forever lol) I need to just stick with iOS. Just like all the sayings you hear. "It just works". I have too many things at home Apple. iPads, and iMac, Apple TV and so on. Everything just goes together. I seemed to always like to try something else but always come back to Apple. Been an expensive few years doing this lol. I'm done now. Very happy with the 6S Plus. The 2GB of Ram is what pretty much sold me on the device for sure.

I will agree with you from the respects of switching devices being very expensive over the last few years. And I too will be sticking with iOS. I know that it is popular to say that "it just works", but I think it is more than that for me. Not only does it "just works", but iOS devices are just fascinating to me. I love them. And they are very dependable. I never have to worry about what's going on with them. They make a lot of what I do during the day a lot easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reggie T

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Well I've been Android since 2010 and I love the platform. I've also been enjoying my first iPhone for a week. I ordered the Nexus 6P this morning with the full intent of returning the 6S+ by the time my remorse period is up. I think I'm just going to go ahead and put my Note 4 up for sale this weekend and final enjoy both platforms. The Nexus should use a nano sim so going back and forth should be easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tvouge

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Battery life is fantastic. The Turbo had a larger battery capacity, so I was a bit worried that the use time on the 6s plus would be less. In practice though, even with moderate to heavy usage, I've yet to ever drain this phone to less than 20%. That's accounting for a 13 hour work day and no charging. I've been very impressed.

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Security is the #1 reason for me. The ease of Settings & Apps Backup in iOS is #2 and Productivity apps (I'm not a gamer) #3. iOS is the best ecosystem there is when taking into consideration all these 3 reasons.

KingGrimlock

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I switched from Android as well (besides a month of Blackberry, Android is the only smartphone I've ever used since 2010). Although I'm still a fan of Android (I'm holding onto my Samsung Note 4), these are a few of the reasons why I switched:
1. It was getting to the point where I was tired (or maybe sick) of learning new tricks for Android, like gestures.
2. I was tired of stuff on Android either not working or not making any sense.
3. I was tired of buying a new phone and feeling like my phone was already outdated in terms of software.

But, as someone mentioned before, I'll miss widgets. I used the 5-day forecast weather widget and the month-view calendar the most. I'll also miss multiwindow. I loved watching YouTube while surfing the internet or texting friends at the same time.

Last edited:

dkeven

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I to was a long time android use from first note through note 4 with a few s models in between and lastly the nexus 6, without the plus version would have never gone to apple others just to small. Also long time windows guy untill bought my first ipad, now a few imacs later using 27 retina screen imac, integration with phone is kinda neat. Not convinced I will remain apple when next yeas nexus comes out, tried the moto x pure edition not much different than my nex 6, miss the customization on the androids even without rooting. Miss the location aware llama program most and the plethora of free useful apps, But its only been a couple weeks with the 6splus so who knows. Havent kept a phone to long anyway before moving to next one. the apple makes that a bit harder pricewise.

thecaringkind

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I made the switch. I had an LG G4, great camera, good battery life, swappable too! I suppose that the only thing I miss is actual widgets, otherwise my 6S Plus is powerful and smooth. One ther issue for me though..SIRI IS TERRIBLE.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Not switching from android but have a iPhone 6+. I just sold it to a buddy and ordered an unlocked 6s+. That price hurt me! Had to check out that 3D touch! Looking forward to checking it out. Still love my android s where fragmentation is an issue. Luckily I always keep a Nexus so I gat fast updated on at least one phone. Also have a galaxy S6 and Samsung pay is awesome! Wish all phones had it!

Posted via my Nexus 6 with Marshmallow!

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I made the switch. I had an LG G4, great camera, good battery life, swappable too! I suppose that the only thing I miss is actual widgets, otherwise my 6S Plus is powerful and smooth. One ther issue for me though..SIRI IS TERRIBLE.

I have noticed also that siri is not up with Google now or even cortana which is available on Android also.

But then again ATT just finally turned on WiFi calling and texting and only works on iPhone right now.

Posted via my Nexus 6 with Marshmallow!

Last edited:

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I switched from Android as well (besides a month of Blackberry, Android is the only smartphone I've ever used since 2010). Although I'm still a fan of Android (I'm holding onto my Samsung Note 4), these are a few of the reasons why I switched:
1. It was getting to the point where I was tired (or maybe sick) of learning new tricks for Android, like gestures.
2. I was tired of stuff on Android either not working or not making any sense.
3. I was tired of buying a new phone and feeling like my phone was already outdated in terms of software.

But, as someone mentioned before, I'll miss widgets. I used the 5-day forecast weather widget and the month-view calendar the most. I'll also miss multiwindow. I loved watching YouTube while surfing the internet or texting friends at the same time.

It will take some getting use to, but at the end you will notice how intuitive the iPhone is compared to other OS's. People tend to confuse something intuitive with being "boring". As soon as I read or hear people saying that the iPhone is "boring" it could be because the device becomes so naturally part of you non-thinking process that all it takes is to do things naturally, without thinking or challenging yourself with steps to perform to get things done as the way nature intended.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It will take some getting use to, but at the end you will notice how intuitive the iPhone is compared to other OS's. People tend to confuse something intuitive with being "boring". As soon as I read or hear people saying that the iPhone is "boring" it could be because the device becomes so naturally part of you non-thinking process that all it takes is to do things naturally, without thinking or challenging yourself with steps to perform to get things done as the way nature intended.
I never understood why anyone would say that the iPhone is boring to use. Basically, I get the same thing out of it that I do with any other smartphone. I'm just using apps. The apps make the phone fun. Being able to tinker with a smartphone doesn't seem exciting to me, it seems tedious.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I never understood why anyone would say that the iPhone is boring to use. Basically, I get the same thing out of it that I do with any other smartphone. I'm just using apps. The apps make the phone fun. Being able to tinker with a smartphone doesn't seem exciting to me, it seems tedious.

Truth.

iOS has better apps. There's no arguing that.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I would revise that and say that some iOS apps seem to perform better than Android apps.

Actually, we can go even further and say, based on Android users experiences as well, that Google's apps are curated in the iPhone to run better than it should in their own Android ecosystem. It makes sense due to how integrated and controlled iOS ecosystem is -vs.- the Android ecosystem which is not centralized, but controlled by the device's manufacturer and the phone carrier.

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

This could be based on the human nature to see technological devices as entertainment instead of assistive devices to facilitate and prioritize your life's tasks, which is how I use my iPhone, as an assistive device, because it keeps my life organized, not entertained.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR