Well I've been Android since 2010 and I love the platform. I've also been enjoying my first iPhone for a week. I ordered the Nexus 6P this morning with the full intent of returning the 6S+ by the time my remorse period is up. I think I'm just going to go ahead and put my Note 4 up for sale this weekend and final enjoy both platforms. The Nexus should use a nano sim so going back and forth should be easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-02-2015 12:01 PM
    Battery life is fantastic. The Turbo had a larger battery capacity, so I was a bit worried that the use time on the 6s plus would be less. In practice though, even with moderate to heavy usage, I've yet to ever drain this phone to less than 20%. That's accounting for a 13 hour work day and no charging. I've been very impressed.
    10-03-2015 08:55 PM
    Security is the #1 reason for me. The ease of Settings & Apps Backup in iOS is #2 and Productivity apps (I'm not a gamer) #3. iOS is the best ecosystem there is when taking into consideration all these 3 reasons.
    planoman likes this.
    10-04-2015 09:29 PM
    I switched from Android as well (besides a month of Blackberry, Android is the only smartphone I've ever used since 2010). Although I'm still a fan of Android (I'm holding onto my Samsung Note 4), these are a few of the reasons why I switched:
    1. It was getting to the point where I was tired (or maybe sick) of learning new tricks for Android, like gestures.
    2. I was tired of stuff on Android either not working or not making any sense.
    3. I was tired of buying a new phone and feeling like my phone was already outdated in terms of software.

But, as someone mentioned before, I'll miss widgets. I used the 5-day forecast weather widget and the month-view calendar the most. I'll also miss multiwindow. I loved watching YouTube while surfing the internet or texting friends at the same time.
    Last edited by KingGrimlock; 10-08-2015 at 10:11 PM.
    oldskoolsc likes this.
    10-08-2015 12:48 AM
    I to was a long time android use from first note through note 4 with a few s models in between and lastly the nexus 6, without the plus version would have never gone to apple others just to small. Also long time windows guy untill bought my first ipad, now a few imacs later using 27 retina screen imac, integration with phone is kinda neat. Not convinced I will remain apple when next yeas nexus comes out, tried the moto x pure edition not much different than my nex 6, miss the customization on the androids even without rooting. Miss the location aware llama program most and the plethora of free useful apps, But its only been a couple weeks with the 6splus so who knows. Havent kept a phone to long anyway before moving to next one. the apple makes that a bit harder pricewise.
    10-08-2015 05:19 PM
    I made the switch. I had an LG G4, great camera, good battery life, swappable too! I suppose that the only thing I miss is actual widgets, otherwise my 6S Plus is powerful and smooth. One ther issue for me though..SIRI IS TERRIBLE.
    planoman likes this.
    10-09-2015 05:09 PM
    Switched back for the time being. I don't know how long it will last.
    10-09-2015 09:12 PM
    Not switching from android but have a iPhone 6+. I just sold it to a buddy and ordered an unlocked 6s+. That price hurt me! Had to check out that 3D touch! Looking forward to checking it out. Still love my android s where fragmentation is an issue. Luckily I always keep a Nexus so I gat fast updated on at least one phone. Also have a galaxy S6 and Samsung pay is awesome! Wish all phones had it!

Posted via my Nexus 6 with Marshmallow!
    10-09-2015 10:20 PM
    I made the switch. I had an LG G4, great camera, good battery life, swappable too! I suppose that the only thing I miss is actual widgets, otherwise my 6S Plus is powerful and smooth. One ther issue for me though..SIRI IS TERRIBLE.
    I have noticed also that siri is not up with Google now or even cortana which is available on Android also.

But then again ATT just finally turned on WiFi calling and texting and only works on iPhone right now.

Posted via my Nexus 6 with Marshmallow!
    Last edited by planoman; 10-09-2015 at 10:35 PM.
    10-09-2015 10:22 PM
    I switched from Android as well (besides a month of Blackberry, Android is the only smartphone I've ever used since 2010). Although I'm still a fan of Android (I'm holding onto my Samsung Note 4), these are a few of the reasons why I switched:
    1. It was getting to the point where I was tired (or maybe sick) of learning new tricks for Android, like gestures.
    2. I was tired of stuff on Android either not working or not making any sense.
    3. I was tired of buying a new phone and feeling like my phone was already outdated in terms of software.

But, as someone mentioned before, I'll miss widgets. I used the 5-day forecast weather widget and the month-view calendar the most. I'll also miss multiwindow. I loved watching YouTube while surfing the internet or texting friends at the same time.
    It will take some getting use to, but at the end you will notice how intuitive the iPhone is compared to other OS's. People tend to confuse something intuitive with being "boring". As soon as I read or hear people saying that the iPhone is "boring" it could be because the device becomes so naturally part of you non-thinking process that all it takes is to do things naturally, without thinking or challenging yourself with steps to perform to get things done as the way nature intended.
    10-10-2015 08:54 AM
    It will take some getting use to, but at the end you will notice how intuitive the iPhone is compared to other OS's. People tend to confuse something intuitive with being "boring". As soon as I read or hear people saying that the iPhone is "boring" it could be because the device becomes so naturally part of you non-thinking process that all it takes is to do things naturally, without thinking or challenging yourself with steps to perform to get things done as the way nature intended.
    I never understood why anyone would say that the iPhone is boring to use. Basically, I get the same thing out of it that I do with any other smartphone. I'm just using apps. The apps make the phone fun. Being able to tinker with a smartphone doesn't seem exciting to me, it seems tedious.
    10-10-2015 01:32 PM
    I never understood why anyone would say that the iPhone is boring to use. Basically, I get the same thing out of it that I do with any other smartphone. I'm just using apps. The apps make the phone fun. Being able to tinker with a smartphone doesn't seem exciting to me, it seems tedious.
    Truth.

iOS has better apps. There's no arguing that.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-10-2015 01:35 PM
    Truth.

iOS has better apps. There's no arguing that.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    I would revise that and say that some iOS apps seem to perform better than Android apps.
    10-10-2015 01:49 PM
    I would revise that and say that some iOS apps seem to perform better than Android apps.
    Actually, we can go even further and say, based on Android users experiences as well, that Google's apps are curated in the iPhone to run better than it should in their own Android ecosystem. It makes sense due to how integrated and controlled iOS ecosystem is -vs.- the Android ecosystem which is not centralized, but controlled by the device's manufacturer and the phone carrier.
    10-10-2015 05:33 PM
    This could be based on the human nature to see technological devices as entertainment instead of assistive devices to facilitate and prioritize your life's tasks, which is how I use my iPhone, as an assistive device, because it keeps my life organized, not entertained.
    10-10-2015 05:38 PM
    This could be based on the human nature to see technological devices as entertainment instead of assistive devices to facilitate and prioritize your life's tasks, which is how I use my iPhone, as an assistive device, because it keeps my life organized, not entertained.
    I look at my device as a source of entertainment too as well as productivity. But I don't understand how the device itself is boring.
    10-10-2015 06:10 PM
    I switched from Android to the 6S+ and so far so good. I like the device a lot. The only thing I don't like is Siri. It just does not compare to Google Now.

10-10-2015 07:08 PM
    This borders on ridiculous, the apps on apple run better? I say BS, also when will apple get a good location aware profile changer like llama that is excellant on android and non-existent in ios, I went to the 6s plus to view the other side, It works well enough for my use, better than Android not really, After having thousands of free apps to peruse over there the choices here are limited. Not trying to ruffle feathers but fanboys of either platform are hardly unbiased. Maybe I have to buy all my apps for them to be good, I bought little at Android. Will start a thread looking at best of the paid
    10-11-2015 11:32 AM
    This borders on ridiculous, the apps on apple run better? I say BS,
    That is "your" experience of which some will agree and some will disagree.
    also when will apple get a good location aware profile changer like llama that is excellant on android and non-existent in ios,
    I don't know, but you are more than welcomed to offer feedback directly to Apple. The link is posted below for your convenience.
    https://www.apple.com/feedback/

I went to the 6s plus to view the other side, It works well enough for my use, better than Android not really,
    The iPhone fits the needs of people differently. For some people, the iPhone simply doesn't fit their needs, and that's okay.
    After having thousands of free apps to peruse over there the choices here are limited. Not trying to ruffle feathers but fanboys of either platform are hardly unbiased. Maybe I have to buy all my apps for them to be good, I bought little at Android. Will start a thread looking at best of the paid
    That decision lies with the developers. There was a survey a while back that concluded that iPhone users tend to buy more apps than users of other platforms. Whether that's true or not, I do not know, however, it could be a reason why there are more paid apps for iOS as you've insinuated.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 10-11-2015 at 05:19 PM.
    10-11-2015 01:38 PM
    This borders on ridiculous, the apps on apple run better? I say BS, also when will apple get a good location aware profile changer like llama that is excellant on android and non-existent in ios, I went to the 6s plus to view the other side, It works well enough for my use, better than Android not really, After having thousands of free apps to peruse over there the choices here are limited. Not trying to ruffle feathers but fanboys of either platform are hardly unbiased. Maybe I have to buy all my apps for them to be good, I bought little at Android. Will start a thread looking at best of the paid
    I would disagree I've used Android between 2010-2012 and I most recently tried the Nexus 6 for two weeks and I still find that the apps on iOS are more polished than the Android counterparts. Now that may change as more developers adopt Material design but from my time with Android I noticed that the developers seem lazier in implementing changes and that the more abundance of free apps doesn't necessarily mean they're better I found it was the opposite.

Pecked out on my 6S Plus keyboard.
    jayk82 and sMt73 like this.
    10-11-2015 05:14 PM
    Actually, we can go even further and say, based on Android users experiences as well, that Google's apps are curated in the iPhone to run better than it should in their own Android ecosystem. It makes sense due to how integrated and controlled iOS ecosystem is -vs.- the Android ecosystem which is not centralized, but controlled by the device's manufacturer and the phone carrier.
    I totally agree that Google's iOS apps are awesome. But better than their Android counterparts? No, I wouldn't say that at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-11-2015 09:05 PM
    I totally agree that Google's iOS apps are awesome. But better than their Android counterparts? No, I wouldn't say that at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What makes the Android version of Google apps better is the integration and background processing.
    10-11-2015 10:13 PM
    Well I've been Android since 2010 and I love the platform. I've also been enjoying my first iPhone for a week. I ordered the Nexus 6P this morning with the full intent of returning the 6S+ by the time my remorse period is up. I think I'm just going to go ahead and put my Note 4 up for sale this weekend and final enjoy both platforms. The Nexus should use a nano sim so going back and forth should be easier.

I think I may do this with a Note 5 and iPhone 6s Plus. I really can't decide between the two. Maybe it's just time to stop fighting it.
    10-12-2015 03:26 PM
    I'm not a turn coat, I'm multi platform, but iOS IS my daily driver and my preferred platform. Your last paragraph hits on something.

I passed on the Note 5 and the SGS6. I'm not getting the BlackBerry Privy. Or getting the next Windows phone. The iPhone, out of the box, W O R K S. I no longer feel excited about tinkering. And I don't want to spend my weekend searching for leaked OSs to make my device work properly. I'd rather be with the people I love or spend time training and having fun with my dogs or going to the river.

So...... I love the dependability of the iPhone.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus
    You sound just like me 3 years ago, stick with it. Life is so much better not chasing tweaks and custom UI's, ROMS.

Dukins likes this.
    10-12-2015 08:57 PM
    Actually, I would say that Google's apps run better on iOS than Android. I've been using Android since the OG Motorola Droid in ~2009, and I just switched to my first iPhone (6s Plus). Of course, being a long time Android user, I use Google's services extensively. One of the first things I noticed is how much smoother and more responsive Google's apps are on iOS.

Take Google music for example, it would randomly skip songs, fail to stream, stutter, not register button presses, etc on my Moto X. On my iPhone, it's flawless. Inbox (for Gmail) is also much faster on iOS. The biggest thing I noticed is Google Authenticator, which has more of a material design theme on iPhone than it does on Android! I don't know what kind of "integration and background processing" I'm unaware of, but I haven't noticed any detriments using Google apps on an iPhone vs Android phone.

My Moto X and iPhone 6s Plus do pretty much the same things, but in general the iPhone does them faster/better. The camera is leagues ahead of my Moto X (which, to be fair, is not anywhere near the best camera Android can offer), and the battery life is incredible. I unplugged my phone yesterday at 7AM, and today it's still at 40%. That's ~29 hours with regular usage (battery menu says 6.5 hrs usage, 29 hrs standby). No Android phone I've ever used can touch that kind of battery life, unless I put it on airplane mode.

The one thing I really dislike about iOS is the sharing menu. For example, on Android, if I'm in my photo gallery, I just click the share button, and I can send the photo/multiple photos to any app I want (upload to dropbox, send via hangouts, upload to Instagram, etc). On iOS, sometimes I can share direct from the gallery (messages, Twitter, etc) but it depends on where I want to send it. If I want to post to Instagram for example, I have to leave the gallery app, open instagram, click on the camera, and then once again find the photo I want to upload. There's no option to add Instagram to the sharing menu!
    10-14-2015 02:47 PM
66 123